Acronym.

Westbrook

For reference, I can wear the Large J25 with a light sweater or normal weight sweatshirt and it's still good. If the M in the J47 (for example) is bigger than the L in the J25 already (which is looks like based on the measurements), then it seems like some reasonable layering should be possible even with the M.

I have both J32 & J47 in Large.  Both coats are very similar in pit-to-pit and sleeve dimensions, etc, but I find they're cut, and fit, a bit different.  Let me know if you need any measurements laid flat to compare to your J25.

I have both J32 & J47 in Large.  Both coats are very similar in pit-to-pit and sleeve dimensions, etc, but I find they're cut, and fit, a bit different.  Let me know if you need any measurements laid flat to compare to your J25.

Thanks, some real measurements would be awesome. Feel free to DM me if this isn't relevant to the larger community.

For reference, I wear a size L Veilance Patrol IS coat, the shell is 58cm pit-to-pit laid flat. The cut is straight, maybe even getting a bit wider at the bottom.

As people often point out Erlsn seems pretty responsive on Twitter. I haven't had much in the way of email replies from the shop recently either.

Yeah. I'd vastly prefer not dealing with garment issues over Twitter though ... seems like that wouldn't be the right place.

So still, any contact info would be appreciated.

I am NOT the resident ACR sizing expert but I have can say without a doubt that the J25 is the slimmest-fitting ACR anything I've encountered. If it fits perfect I'd say your size is definitely L

Just a warning to anyone reading this, WS-J25 doesn't fit the same as J25-SS. SS fits much wider around chest, waist and arms and longer through the body. Though it could be said that the sleeves are the same length.

Took me 2 minutes to find the care tags on 5 jackets and 4 pants.

No one has better washing advice then the care tags. If you can afford $1000 jackets then you can afford the time it takes to find those.

never thought that a simple question seeking advice on perhaps better ways of washing aside from the tags from experienced acr owners here would 'provoke' so many self-important useless offensive sarcastic remarks... whatever.

zippers no longer functional in what way on the original 3A-1?

One of the zipper stops of the main zipper has been torn off so I can only close the bag one way. The size zipper pull tab has also been torn off. It's taken quite a beating over the years. I'm going to bring it to Bagjack to see if they can do a quick fix when I visit Berlin next month. Otherwise, I may have to soon retire my Limonta :(

wow, the patina on the 3a-1 looks awesome; hoping mine turns out half as good as yours. the zippers on my 3a-1 get stuck regularly and feel like they might break at some point though i think it's gotten a little better. not surprised that you've had issues with them. 

regarding forcelock, agreed with exhaust fumes that they don't work that great with the iphone ear buds. they always fall off with minimal pull. 

Sounds like your zippers are doing better than mine. I'm really hoping repairs won't cost me a pretty penny!

Thanks, some real measurements would be awesome. Feel free to DM me if this isn't relevant to the larger community.

For reference, I wear a size L Veilance Patrol IS coat, the shell is 58cm pit-to-pit laid flat. The cut is straight, maybe even getting a bit wider at the bottom.

not really sure which measurements you were looking for but

j47

http://www.firmamentberlin.com/acronym/27300/j47-gt-3l-gore-tex-pro-jacket.html

j32

http://www.firmamentberlin.com/acronym/25166/j32-gt-gore-tex-pro-jacket.html

j25

http://www.firmamentberlin.com/acronym/27765/j25-ws-packable-windstopper-active-shell-jacket.html

Do you have a preference for one over the other?

Situationally, yes.  For when I just need to throw on a shell to go buy milk and lottery tickets, the J32.  For when I'm traveling, or walking around a city all day, living out of the coat, the J47.  Because of the relief zip, and the nice array of (very unusual) pockets.

J32 for raids, J47 for patrols.

Might have been scammed by Grailed user tekuu (has since changed his name to spinokrk)

Sold me a jacket, provided me with a tracking number this morning and is now selling the exact same jacket under a different account name. Item found here: https://www.grailed.com/listings/566827-Acronym-J47-GT

hope not, just bout a 3a-3 slvr from him

Hey has anyone dealt with bleach spots on stotz? Long story short, I'm an idiot. It's pretty small so if I'm stuck at this point it won't kill me, if there's something more I can do though, I want to do it. I tried Rit dye and it has helped a bit, but after several times over it's only made it slightly better. Any recommendations? Small mark ~1cm by ~0.5cm. Thanks in advance

Edited by forgetsimon