Acronym.

Westbrook

I don't really have a method, at least like Spyron - its basically just stuffing it in itself and just making sure the zip doesn't get too tangled - usually try to insert the zips last and than giving it a whack against the palm to pack it in finally. : )

As cmdR mentioned, the fabrics quite durable, it always kind of feels like I might poke a hole in it (even after this many years) but it hasn't happened yet. And I use it without much care tbh. Not much help I am afraid. Packing takes 45 sec - 1 min, unpacking is 20-30 sec roughly. 

Oh, and I never use any of the jacket/shirt slings.

Thanks for those tips @badlydrawn. I'll give it a try and pack it without the sling. Cheers!!

I have the J25-WS from a couple of years back and noticed that I was getting some small black patches on the liner here and there - almost like it was wearing through to the outer layer. I kinda stopped packing it after that as I assumed it was where it had rubbed too hard during the process.

HAH i knew it

Yup, never timed it but after wearing it for a bit they'll work themselves out.  BTW, was at BBG US yesterday and saw a 3A-1 behind the counter--yours?

@yardsale    after the boba guys in NYC opened recently, my friends who like bubble tea were all surprised because they never heard of it before. for some reason I felt I had ended up on a boba guys-related page several times. Since the acr thread is one of the only online communities I spend time in I suspected that i could only have run across you here

hGSXAt4.jpg

acrnm bubbleteaæ®

HAH i knew it

@yardsale    after the boba guys in NYC opened recently, my friends who like bubble tea were all surprised because they never heard of it before. for some reason I felt I had ended up on a boba guys-related page several times. Since the acr thread is one of the only online communities I spend time in I suspected that i could only have run across you here

hGSXAt4.jpg

acrnm bubbleteaæ®

what jacket is that if you don't mind me asking.

How accurate are the measurements on the Acronym website?  They have the chest measurement on the J32-GT in large as 26" while END clothing has it as 24".  Anyone have the actual measurement?

Mine, a Large from the first season, is 24" pit-to-pit just under where the pit gussets start tapering wider. It's difficult to measure, though, as the sides are not parallel when laid flat. Thing's cut in a bit of a V-shape.

Mine, a Large from the first season, is 24" pit-to-pit just under where the pit gussets start tapering wider. It's difficult to measure, though, as the sides are not parallel when laid flat. Thing's cut in a bit of a V-shape.

Thanks, that helps me out quite a bit!

'A' all the way! Much as I'm loving J1B-S I didn't get quite the same excitement as cracking open past ACRNM packages. Was almost thinking it was a bit plain for my tastes and needed a bit more going on but now my gf can't moan about my wardrobe being composed purely of black goretex shells that "all look the same"  <_<

I don't think it's ur imagination. I have a pair of the night -ch from last year in size large that i still wear and had to size up to XL in this years -ch to fit. 

I don't know about the calf per se, but in the seat area they definitely took out some of the material and made it more rigid. 

I've heard a couple other people say the same thing :)

Edited by jbob24

Thoughts from a first time Acronym buyer. I recently got the P10-DS, J25-WS and S7-C, all in size S.

P10-DS: I'd like to echo what everyone else has said about these pants. I love the fit, the material, and most of the pockets. I see myself eventually becoming one of those girls that wears yoga pants and running shoes everywhere, except with $600 technical pants and I'm a dude.

I haven't found great use for the carabiner garage - I feel like the obvious things would be stuff like keys or a packed J25-WS-shaped object, but most of the time I'd rather not have that kind of stuff just hanging out back there and I have a better place to put them, say a different pocket or a backpack.

The phone pocket will fit my entire iPhone 6, but there's not a lot of room above and I'm worried that I'll knock the phone out of the pocket and send it crashing to the ground if I move at all.

I'm using the DSPTCH fidlock belt with this, which seems to be a pretty good combination.

Regarding fit, I tried on a pair of the ACG woven pants in S recently and these are definitely feel slimmer all-round, although I'm not sure these correspond.

J25-WS: I've been wearing this out in the currently temperamental NYC weather, which has worked pretty well. It's probably a little too chilly for most people to wear just this and a shirt underneath, but since it blocks a lot of the wind I find it perfectly acceptable. Comparing this to a Patagonia Torrentshell, even though it's lighter and has some extra niceties, I would say it's definitely not worth the extra cost beyond the look.

Incidentally, the jacketsling has the (probably unintended) ability to act as a makeshift dart for the jacket.

S7-C: I got this in an S because I didn't read the note on the ACRNM website saying to size up. While it probably would look good a little oversized, it definitely fits like an S, and the 1/2 chest on the website is accurate. I am not sure if I would size up for this, because I want this a little slimmer for layering. I compare to my Reigning Champ sweatshirt, which fits similarly, but feels tighter because the material is significantly thicker. It fits under the J25-WS pretty well, although obviously the two hoods is a little awkward. Big fan of the hood shape and the shoulder articulation.

I got this in black, but the colour looks a lot more faded than pictures I've seen suggest. Definitely looks cool by itself, but given the choice I would probably prefer it a bit darker.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my purchases, but not so much my bank account.

is it just me or is the new P10 series slimmer than the last one? been thinking they look that way in the acrnm.com pictures, but today I definitely IDed a black pair in soho and they seem significantly tighter from calf through the ankle area

Agreed, just picked up some P10's on Grailed in Large...they fit, but are definitely slimmer cut.  

On another note....apologies if this has been answered, but is the acronym site with the previous seasons no longer live?  I was going to check out some older pieces but the bookmark was a dead link....I don't hit it that often...Again apologies if it's already been discussed.

ss16 thoughts:

j25-ws:size myself up.work with la6.will test it later when biking.

la6-ds6:great shirt,thinking it might be best shirt acr has offered.going true to size,and if you want some relax style,the upper zipper will help a lot,same as releasing cuffs.the entry level jacket sling also make sense,but it might be a little bit annoying while sweating.

p10-ch:solid pattern.also go my usual size. this one will def works well in fw too.

p17-ch:I am schoeller head for real and p17-ch flies.Also going my usual size,use a uniqlo belt to work with.among muji' s summer pants, this would be the most comfy one I have ever weared.

p20-s:go raf. front pockets are hard to access for the reason of zippers. nice looking pant anyway,real mover.

mk1 silver: to work with 7ts lol,feels bit fragile.

hi everyone, 

to follow up on the washing topic, would like to seek advise on how to wash the following:

J46-S HD Gabardine Climashield® Coat

J49-SS schoeller® 3XDRY® WB-400â„¢ Jacket

LA5-MP Object Dyed Multiprene Long Sleeve Shirt

P10-DS schoeller® Dryskin™ Articulated Pant (didn't quite catch what the best conclusion/option is for washing these...)

is normal drycleaning ok for all of the above?

* also, the 'glue' on the ACRONYM tag on my J46-S seems to be falling/peeling off... what should i use to re-glue it back in place?

thanks alot in advance for your help :)