Acronym.

Westbrook

Anyone who received shipping confirmation yesterday from Acronym may want to check their Ups tracking. My package is currently held up in Berlin due to operating conditions

Mine too... I guess its good to hear it's not just mine thats stuck 

Ok dude.

You need to remember that almost all of men street fashion in post-soviet Russia and Ukraine(it's different but i can talk about those two, because i know only RU and UA)

are born from "on the terrace fashion", Stone Island, Fred Perry, C.P.Company, etc.

Almost all were football hooligans inspired, and so a bit right-wing oriented.

Like right now there is only one left-wing football club i know in UA "Arsenal-Kiyv".

So SI patch were almost a marker for trouble, till maybe 2004, not so much anymore.

A lot of local brands with tech aspiration or inspired by acrnm, si etc are made by guys who were active on derbies and liked to fight on matches.

They are older, more mature now, no fighting people on the streets.

But still can secretly draw SS in their prints just for fun and lols etc.

offtop: Тоr Steiner is now owned by Dubai conglomerate :) so don't worry.

Nationalism in Russia now is anti-countries, not anti-nations and far right are not popular as it was in 90-x.

But still a lot of my acquaintances who wear SI are ex-skinhead\far right radicals.

You can watch http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05r844j

In Ukraine it's even more liberal, if you are anti-moscow it's good. :)

Wear anything you want, how you want. Football hooligans are still present but no hard far rights.

There now a bit of skinheads on the streets, but they almost all young (sub 21) and from far east territories which is ravaged by war and pro-russian mercenaries.

I believe they will be assimilated by more liberal culture of big cities.  

There no particular "scene" for high level techware in UA for example. 

I believe there no more then 10 people in ukraine who have Veilance clothes.

And i don't know anybody who owns any Acronym in Kiev.

In RU it sells, they have more money, but i don't have particular knowledge about community per se. A lot of communities in vk.com (ex:techhunter) thou, but not a lot of owners.

If anybody could chime in, please do.

Interesting post, thanks. Never actually noticed SI was so prevalent in the Far Right scene till I saw those EDL types wearing them. Kind of lost my appetite for SI since then : )

Got mine yesterday and sent it back today. Fit is loose, I would have liked to have sized down tbh as it looked a bit baggy round my lats,which I guess is something to do with the shoulder articulation. Lovely material, just wasn't a fan of the fit on my frame. I'm cursing myself for not getting the S8-DS instead.

I've got an M for the S15-DS, seeing as the website says 60cm around the chest, but that's either off by a bit or my chest workouts we're particularly effective in the recent past, i.e. for me it feels restricted in the chest area.

The material is great, though. 

Ok dude.

You need to remember that almost all of men street fashion in post-soviet Russia and Ukraine(it's different but i can talk about those two, because i know only RU and UA)

are born from "on the terrace fashion", Stone Island, Fred Perry, C.P.Company, etc.

Almost all were football hooligans inspired, and so a bit right-wing oriented.

Like right now there is only one left-wing football club i know in UA "Arsenal-Kiyv".

So SI patch were almost a marker for trouble, till maybe 2004, not so much anymore.

A lot of local brands with tech aspiration or inspired by acrnm, si etc are made by guys who were active on derbies and liked to fight on matches.

They are older, more mature now, no fighting people on the streets.

But still can secretly draw SS in their prints just for fun and lols etc.

offtop: Тоr Steiner is now owned by Dubai conglomerate :) so don't worry.

Nationalism in Russia now is anti-countries, not anti-nations and far right are not popular as it was in 90-x.

But still a lot of my acquaintances who wear SI are ex-skinhead\far right radicals.

You can watch http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05r844j

In Ukraine it's even more liberal, if you are anti-moscow it's good. :)

Wear anything you want, how you want. Football hooligans are still present but no hard far rights.

There now a bit of skinheads on the streets, but they almost all young (sub 21) and from far east territories which is ravaged by war and pro-russian mercenaries.

I believe they will be assimilated by more liberal culture of big cities.  

There no particular "scene" for high level techware in UA for example. 

I believe there no more then 10 people in ukraine who have Veilance clothes.

And i don't know anybody who owns any Acronym in Kiev.

In RU it sells, they have more money, but i don't have particular knowledge about community per se. A lot of communities in vk.com (ex:techhunter) thou, but not a lot of owners.

If anybody could chime in, please do.

Interesting post, thanks. Never actually noticed SI was so prevalent in the Far Right scene till I saw those EDL types wearing them. Kind of lost my appetite for SI since then : )

si has links all the way back to the casuals scene of the early 80's. this was born in the mid 70's from football fans and yes hooligans wanting to blend in, not to be spotted by the police and a way to infiltrate other firms and to look smart they were wearing labels such as fred perry and copying styles worn by the mods of the 60's. at this point they weren't wearing si.

it started when liverpool supporters travelling away to european games started wearing adidas trainers with straight jeans with fila or sergio tacchini jackets and tops. supporters of other teams followed this trend and so to stand out from the crowd they started to spend more money on clothes or clobber as it was called, they started to buy si. and quickly this was the marque to buy if you were part of a firm. with most of these firms in the uk and across europe with political leanings to the extreme far right and their history entrenched in violence, this scene and si have become entwined and inseparable in lots peoples psyche whether you loathe what these groups are or a part of it si has become synonymous.

have always liked si purely looking objectively from a fashion view point, what they do with materials and dyes has always intrigued me but have never bought or worn it until si:sp where in my mind at least it stands apart from the mainline. when i see someone wear a garment with the mainline compass badge on their sleeve it always gives me a shudder purely because of the connotations linked to that badge.

love the fact the only left-wing football club in the ukraine is called arsenal :)

the video for that link is not available but if you want to watch it try here. try casuals the story of the legendary terrace fashion a good watch on the casual scene.

enough of this, not really acronym talk and only wanted to post that link for that documentary.

it started when liverpool supporters travelling away to european games started wearing adidas trainers with straight jeans with fila or sergio tacchini jackets and tops. supporters of other teams followed this trend and so to stand out from the crowd they started to spend more money on clothes or clobber as it was called, they started to buy si. and quickly this was the marque to buy if you were part of a firm. with most of these firms in the uk and across europe with political leanings to the extreme far right and their history entrenched in violence, this scene and si have become entwined and inseparable in lots peoples psyche whether you loathe what these groups are or a part of it si has become synonymous.

Linking to more material that corroborates this. There's a Fred Perry commissioned Don Letts film on subcultures and there's a section that goes a bit into this. It used to be broken up by section on Youtube but here's the only copy I could find has Korean subtitles (fast forward to the 56:41 mark). 

Edited by WillKhitie

Just received my package from Firmament today, took two working days basically.

Got my first pairs p10-s and p10-ds, in respectively medium and large. Gotta say I wish I could've gotten the DS in M, as they're just a tad too big and I see myself getting annoyed with the extra cm's at the waist - it hardly seems to impact the rest of the fit much, when comparing the two though. People familiar with DS fabric: there's absolutely no shrinkage or size impact from washing etc, right? They just stay the same?

The p10-s seems great and hardwearing, but I'd love some of that ds stretch.

si has links all the way back to the casuals scene of the early 80's. this was born in the mid 70's from football fans and yes hooligans wanting to blend in, not to be spotted by the police and a way to infiltrate other firms and to look smart they were wearing labels such as fred perry and copying styles worn by the mods of the 60's. at this point they weren't wearing si.

have always liked si purely looking objectively from a fashion view point, what they do with materials and dyes has always intrigued me but have never bought or worn it until si:sp where in my mind at least it stands apart from the mainline. when i see someone wear a garment with the mainline compass badge on their sleeve it always gives me a shudder purely because of the connotations linked to that badge.

love the fact the only left-wing football club in the ukraine is called arsenal :)

the video for that link is not available but if you want to watch it try here. try casuals the story of the legendary terrace fashion a good watch on the casual scene.

enough of this, not really acronym talk and only wanted to post that link for that documentary.

No, that needed to be said. Same reason I would never wear SI mainline either. 

So I got my package in the post this morning from The Bureau. First time trying on the P17-DS and I'm a bit puzzled. First off I love the fit and I love the DS fabric. However i don't get the waist/drawcord. The cord doesn't pull the pants in properly and maybe this is why most of the stock pictures show the cords hanging loose. Secondly the draw material is a super thin material  and after having tried on the trousers for a minute the pull cord looks super creased and fucked. It doesn't really look like its going to survive anything. The pants are great, but I don't understand the design rational of the cord. Its so thin and feeble ad doesn't even cinch the pants properly. Am i missing something because this seems obvious within about 2 seconds of putting the pants on. 

Please advise as I'm super vexed.

DS fabric: there's absolutely no shrinkage or size impact from washing etc, right? They just stay the same?

Why would you need to wash something that doesn't smell, doesn't get dirty, doesn't stain, etc...?

I actually haven't washed a pair of Acronym pants in 5 years or something, and they're all still holding up just fine. Occasional wipe down with a wet cloth, job done.

Yea but i don't understand why the pants aren't properly drawstring and why he has used such a flimsy fabric for the cord. Makes no sense. I tried just tying the cord but I don't think they gonna hold up to much wear at all.

Cord fabric is thin but it's not flimsy. It will hold. 

S16-WS came today and I'm pretty psyched on it. Went TTS and it fits really well, though there is little to no space to use the draw cord. But a size L on me would look like a smock and an S would for sure be to small. As Dolphinski said it does kind of resemble a trash bag and it is noisy. But, it is SO light, and feels like you're wearing nothing ( it also can easily be folded into a pocket). I'm curious how it'll hold up when it gets warm out: is it light enough to not get sweaty or will wearing something so black attract the sun and heat. All that being said, I'm sticking with my original plan to wear this thing under a jacket or zip up, but who knows maybe in time I'll wear it on its own or out for a run.

That's what I got it for, I think it'll be decent for certain athletic endeavors when the weather isn't "bad" but it's not all sunshine either. It really reminds me of my old batting jacket :)

Waiting on ups to drop off my first order right now ðŸ˜

Edited by jbob24

Why would you need to wash something that doesn't smell, doesn't get dirty, doesn't stain, etc...?

I actually haven't washed a pair of Acronym pants in 5 years or something, and they're all still holding up just fine. Occasional wipe down with a wet cloth, job done.

Because, if you read the rest, they're a bit too big for me and if they did in fact shrink that might make up for some of that. Just don't have experience with 3xdry fabrics.

Apart from that, for other fabrics than DS, it would be advisable to occasionally wash to reapply the dwr and avoid grime embedding deeply in the fabric ... same logic as for gore tex.

washing does a good job of keeping softshell materials water repellant. they'll still collect oils and grime that impact repellency.

also, some people are smellier than others ;)

Sometimes your burrito can have a mind of its own.

another pants question again.

probably going for the p10-ch but want to make sure I'm getting the right size. as the acg cargo is a similar fit, I'm a large in those would I be looking at getting the same, a large in the p10?

In comparision with ACG Cargo sz L

P10 S sz L - Length shorted by 1 inch

Cuffs are tighter at the bottom

Waist is a size smaller by 1 size ( cord not pulled down )

Edited by dsxero

another pants question again.

probably going for the p10-ch but want to make sure I'm getting the right size. as the acg cargo is a similar fit, I'm a large in those would I be looking at getting the same, a large in the p10?

Works, have both in L