Acronym.

Westbrook

My stotz jacket wets out, Especially where there is pressure on the fabric (e.g., backpack straps). I don't think this used to happen so much, but i'm not really sure.

Has anyone had any success with (re?)conditioning stotz?

Stotz/Ventile is waterproof because of the extremely dense weave, not because of any DWR treatment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventile

Edited by drgitlin

How's the email response time with acrnm.com? Accidentally placed an order with Paypal eCheck instead of credit card and hoping to have them cancel it so I can reorder before stuff sells out. Has anyone had success having an order cancelled before it actually shipped?

Edited by jediswayze

Yep... lots of bad vibes and ridiculous stuff. Still got a few decent shots. I thought that it might become a nice place for the community on instagram but really it's more a gallery of Asian kids trying to look badass.

+ their constant tags #hypebeast #hypestyle #snobshots

Significance of needing to mention the Asian part?

Edited by thatslapz

Yeah I agree. Some of archive is a bit much, sure, but the criticism here is what's really cringey.

I don't really see an issue with it, I like ACR and have stuff from them, like the aesthetic, but I've always opined that head2toe ACR is just expensive mall cop cosplay.  There's a really tiny divide between acronym head to toe and dudes who buy 'tactical' mil surplus stuff*

*That being said, I like different people's styles, just won't buy stuff I don't want. If you feel confident and chill wearing acronym, sounds good to me.  One of my grails is the E-J4TS as William Gibson wears it, just one of those things that hit the function/style/perfection button for me. 

Edited by po_boy_fuuma_hatesbürgerz

I just feel like there's a lot of ppl self-identifying through their purchases of sweet ninja pantsu and too heavily aping on current acronym æsthetics.

"You're not your fucking khakis" -- angelina jolie's husband

It's just corny in the same way as I view those super overdramatic hooded stylezeitgeist waywt or those dudes who are still really repping japanese denim X flannel x redwings x pomade from 2008. Least probably the pomade dudes don't spook away cute girls.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Acronym (even though they definitely have some back catalog experiments that didn't quite work out), but life ain't all flechette submachine-guns and wetwork drives.

funny that brainboy's photo was posted on acrhive today.

original-program: we are still waiting for the story behind name change.

the fact that you are lazy uploading pics to nice to share place(not ig) write bbcode does not make this place old

Hey guys, can anyone help explain why the acronym prices after excluding VAT on end clothing are higher than other EU sites?

For example:

A J28-k jacket is 1015USD (717GBP) after ex VAT, whereas other EU sites are doing the same jacket for around 620GBP.. 

For those who have shopped at end before, their after VAT prices usually reflect what acronym or other sites in the EU have. Perhaps they are marking up this time or a glitch with their system? Feels kinda odd to me... 

Thanks in advance guys... :) 

funny that brainboy's photo was posted on acrhive today.

original-program: we are still waiting for the story behind name change.

the fact that you are lazy uploading pics to nice to share place(not ig) write bbcode does not make this place old

Dani I have the utmost respect for your customization.

Lazy? Sorry I have wife and kid to take care of. no time for negging like champs on here.

Don't get me wrong it was not meant personal. This trend of ppl usoing their mobile phones more than computers is simply killing this place. I mean killing in terms of posting fits. This is still the best place to discuss the stuff and get info, once the mods sort out an app for sufu the site will be superbusy again.

If we focus on conversation this cannot be beaten. It has search options threaded view, rep system. Most of the social media based communities are lamer than anything. Like guy creating a UTW facebook group without know how erls looks, or guy wanting to exchange his versace sweat for anything acronym. Instagram where you hardly get replies/help? Don't get me started on whatsapp/skype groups.

SUFU4EVER!

Don't hate, spread the love...or your peanut butter.

That P10-DS sure went fast. Couldn't get one in M so went for the P10-S instead. Next to some other goodies like the S15-DS and the windstoppers.

Unfortunately my J54-LP forcelockæ on both pockets are forcedæ out. The buttons went straight through the fabric leaving a perfect circle. The upper side of the pockets, female side of the buttons,is reinforced with a full grain ribbon. Imho the male would also need such a ribbon to prevent this. Pics to show what I mean. I will send them for repair and will ask if they can reinforce it. Someone from ACR gave me a link to the repair form but it's not online anymore. Anyone has it or the correct link?

https://imgur.com/a/wXDr8

Just noticed that Firmament has updated it's site and the old faithful Acronym archive is no more. None of the old links from Google to Acr pieces on Firmament work.... it's like history is being deleted in front of our eyes....

Wayback to the rescue!

Don't forget guys, any site which has been "taken down" is probably still out there.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110502160853/http://www.firmamentberlin.com/brands/acronym.html

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.firmamentberlin.com/acronym/*

Hey guys, can anyone help explain why the acronym prices after excluding VAT on end clothing are higher than other EU sites?

For example:

A J28-k jacket is 1015USD (717GBP) after ex VAT, whereas other EU sites are doing the same jacket for around 620GBP.. 

For those who have shopped at end before, their after VAT prices usually reflect what acronym or other sites in the EU have. Perhaps they are marking up this time or a glitch with their system? Feels kinda odd to me... 

Thanks in advance guys... :)

Couple of things - could be their currency exchange? 

Their vat may be different?  I think the UK is 20% vs Germany's 19.

Despite MSRP, there are small variances in pricing because of country specific differences.

Couple of things - could be their currency exchange? 

Their vat may be different?  I think the UK is 20% vs Germany's 19.

Despite MSRP, there are small variances in pricing because of country specific differences.

Thanks bro...

But 1015usd (ex VAT) vs. 877usd (ex VAT which is roughly around 620.83GBP that Hanon and Belfast has) for the j28-k jacket is a huge difference. It's probably not the exchange rate I think...

going to go for my fist pair of acronym trousers. is there a big difference between either the p10-ch or p10-ds it terms of how they wear and the performance of each material?

this has been answered numerous times throughout the thread..... but just to make it official

95aac4cde9.png

DS is generally easier to breathe in but like Errolson said.... it's not fire resistant :P Also DS may fray quicker. Naturally with characteristics like no stretch or stretch they will sit differently as well.

Edited by Albm