Acronym.

Westbrook

i bought the 3A-3TS, p20, and the j1b-s in raf green, which i'm eagerly awaiting. first acronym raf green piece where all of what i have has been black. hoping it pairs well [the black for the j1b-s is jet black]. 

i imagine that the 3A-3TS will be dangerous given the different components and customization that can happen. will have to search the thread to see how people have setup their bag.

Where did you cop the P20?

Thinking about the J1B and wanted to ask, is there any practical difference between the 100% Garbardine and Gore-tex pro? Both are weatherproof, I'm assuming one is thicker than the other. Thanks for help.

Both are windproof (not weatherproof), but that's kind of where the similarities end.  Garbardine is water repellent, GTX Pro is waterproof (but for an urban environment where you can easily find shelter from the rain within minutes, Garbardine is for most intents and purposes "waterproof" as it'll keep you dry for awhile).  Garbardine will be quieter, GTX is pretty noisy.  They also look a bit different even though they are both "black".

Thinking about the J1B and wanted to ask, is there any practical difference between the 100% Garbardine and Gore-tex pro? Both are weatherproof, I'm assuming one is thicker than the other. Thanks for help.

Garb is not weatherproof it's cotton / GoreTex Pro will repel anything except for Lighting.

What are the advantages of Garbardine besides being quieter? Absorbs sweat better and more comfortable?

it feels and looks like cotton, because it is and so it doesn't feel like plastic.

my opinon is that it's better in the city if you don't plan to stay hours under the rain and that it ages better than synthetic fabric.