Acronym.

Westbrook

Not my cup of tea, the SVR foil, but looking forward to encountering it in real live on a sunny day! #opticalfx

Edited by hjpx

S16-WS: I think its the same ws material they use for WS-J25 and LA3-WS but in a tshirt form.  Kinda lame honestly if that is the case.  good to use in a hot breezy climate with an occasional sprinkle  :blink: ?! bet it'll sell like hotcakes tho, thirst is real for ACR now

http://www.hanon-shop.com/i/q/S16WSBK/acronym-s16-ws

S16-WS is most minimal item of Acronym weather protection yet made. A 108 g articulated t-shirt with a SpeedLock shock cord hem. Built in linerless Windstopper® Active Shell™ fabric; it is windproof, water repellent, highly breathable, highly compressible, and ultralight to the point of immateriality. Rolls up small enough to fit into almost any pocket.

• Acronym S16-WS
  • 2L GORE WINDSTOPPER® shell fabric
  • Speedlock System
  • Weighs 108 grams
  • Easily Packable
  • Colourway - Black

Everything about that says 'shiny t-shirt with a drawcord on the bottom'.

Edited by Dolphinski

EDIT:

WS Tshirt is useless, I do not see any application for that as a standalone.. maybe coupled with the DS sleeves (forgot what it was called) then it'll be useful.

S16-WS: I think its the same ws material they use for WS-J25 and LA3-WS but in a tshirt form.  Kinda lame honestly if that is the case.  good to use in a hot breezy climate with an occasional sprinkle  :blink: ?! bet it'll sell like hotcakes tho, thirst is real for ACR now

Concrete still had a few DS-L1 iirc. Surprised it isn't paired with the shirt, maybe it's later exclusive acrnm.com drop (or if erlsn decides to put up the old stock — there were larger sizes left iirc). As for the S16-WS (and the new J25-WS) the descriptions suggest they are packed away until needed. The J25-WS even has slotted loops so it can be stored directly on the 3A/TS bags?! I haven't been convinced by the previous windstopper (and dryskin) use as summer jackets but perhaps this is the new Gore Active shell fabric:

Thought the thread would be interested in this, Gore-Tex has recently released a pretty interesting new textile, bizarrely called Gore Active but completely unlike the previous Gore active products. What makes this product interesting is that is completely skips the face fabric and exposes the membrane as the outer surface while bonding a woven backer on the inside like a conventional 3L product. The result is a fabric that is not only ultralight and waterproof but completely hydrophobic and doesn't rely on DWR. It can't get wet and it doesn't wear away like DWR. Essentially, you can come out a rain storm, shake your coat off and it's bone dry. Unfortunately, it's pretty fragile and and thus best suited as an emergency shell or for very specific end uses. Arc'teryx is using it on a running specific jacket as is The North Face

Pretty interesting potential applications for this textile though, imagine something like an Acronym WS-J25 but half the size packed down and waterproof.

I'll wait to see it in the wild before completely dismissing S16-WS. (Even then though, SS16 J25-WS looks like the better buy)

Concrete still had a few DS-L1 iirc. Surprised it isn't paired with the shirt, maybe it's later exclusive acrnm.com drop (or if erlsn decides to put up the old stock — there were larger sizes left iirc). As for the S16-WS (and the new J25-WS) the descriptions suggest they are packed away until needed. The J25-WS even has slotted loops so it can be stored directly on the 3A/TS bags?! I haven't been convinced by the previous windstopper (and dryskin) use as summer jackets but perhaps this is the new Gore Active shell fabric:

I'll wait to see it in the wild before completely dismissing S16-WS. (Even then though, SS16 J25-WS looks like the better buy)

I have extensively used both the WS-J25 (SS12) & LA3-WS and find them my go-to out ware throughout spring to early autumn in my climate ymmv ofc. The dryskin on the other hand I dislike, too heavy, is less wind resistant and has a rough feel on the skin.

I just want some dif colours tho, olive or something else would be great.

Edited by badlydrawn

I don't know if eVent is better that Goretex, but I've sold my j47a-gt because of the exterior branding and i won't buy a goretex acronym jacket again because of that.

https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/rainwear-how-it-works.html

http://www.eventfabrics.com/products/

I haven't actually tried any eVent products, but it looks interesting and is supposed to breathe a lot better than anything Goretex is making now as far as hardshell.

The exterior goretex tag on my j28 ended up wearing off on the right arm. Like it was almost designed to...

I haven't actually tried any eVent products, but it looks interesting and is supposed to breathe a lot better than anything Goretex is making now as far as hardshell.

most companies try to compete in the breathability area because it's kind of hard to compete on a binary thing like waterproofness. however, until someone develops a technology that literally has a couple of orders of magnitude more vapor transmission, most laminates subjectively seem to have equal breathability despite differing lab readings. 

I don't know if eVent is better that Goretex, but I've sold my j47a-gt because of the exterior branding and i won't buy a goretex acronym jacket again because of that.

Because spending €900 on a jacket is fine but €2 for scissors to remove the lable is an extravagance.

I'm not sure what the Nemen fabric is but I did get a chance to see these jackets up close today. The pictures we see online definitely do not do this jacket any justice. They're much MUCH nicer in person! The fabric definitely felt tougher than the previous J43-K. I want to say it had the texture of cordura but obviously not as stiff. I wish I saw this post sooner, otherwise I would have looked at the material a bit more. 

The dark grey olive green variation was my fave of all the colourways. 

Edited by analog29

I just got mine in, hand feel is NICE. It almost feels like the Stone Island featherweight leather, but a little smoother.

No tags on it other than the ACR x NMN.... and End. didn't send me the bag or spec sheet  :unsure:

I ordered one from end and contentstore and neither came with bag or spec sheets.  just going to order some plastic bags from Amazon.

for you Tokyoites who want to check out the new season in person (because buying it here would be downright masochistic), ACR should be in at Cathedral, Tomorrowland Shibuya, ELIMINATOR all by mid-next week. ELIMINATOR selection already posted, Tomorrowland will also stock S16-WS, J25-WS, LA6-DS, J1B-S, J28.