Acronym.

Westbrook

Get a enquire for the j44.

I got a j44 from my friend and it shows the gore tex label on the left arm. the acronym white label is on the back. But did not find other labels indicate the seasons.c0w3Um5RZjRUSjNZczhKU09iMmVGZmZ0OXlkazNi

is this situation normal? Not thinking it is a fake,but might be a sample(hope not). 

thanks a lot.

in compare with retailers from Japan‘s pic

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjFYRTV2WUtSTFQ2b2NDUEJOQ0lz

Xu Jianfeng, check the left chest pocket.

cheers man, checked the pocket and nothing found(not like the j1a-lp)

not quite sure it is a sample rather the fake. but the zipper from raccagni,jacket sling,all details are right.

will update the info. must say that is interesting.

Get a enquire for the j44.

I got a j44 from my friend and it shows the gore tex label on the left arm. the acronym white label is on the back. But did not find other labels indicate the seasons.c0w3Um5RZjRUSjNZczhKU09iMmVGZmZ0OXlkazNi

is this situation normal? Not thinking it is a fake,but might be a sample(hope not). 

thanks a lot.

in compare with retailers from Japan‘s pic

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjFYRTV2WUtSTFQ2b2NDUEJOQ0lz

for me at the inside of these jackets - different!

in jacket on top - very suspicious gluing the seams! either way the light falls, or just done a photo!

I can't imagine anyone besides acronym taking legal action against that account.  It was a collection of the best shit acronym had to offer!  My guess is It was taken down because of greed and didn't want a hardcore fan monetizing off the brand. 

xu: the type nerd in me rung alarm the ACRONYM word has different kerning than the rest, l doubt samples get available at all. ask erlsn on twitter l bet he will respond.

originalprogram: can you give us more info behind the name change?

xu: the type nerd in me rung alarm the ACRONYM word has different kerning than the rest, l doubt samples get available at all. ask erlsn on twitter l bet he will respond.

originalprogram: can you give us more info behind the name change?

Thanks danii.

According to my friend, these jackets fail to pass the quality control(i'm not buying the statement at all LOL). And already returned it.

Also jacket has strong smell out of the bag(the bag is obviously not the usual one we got). Already phoned the Gore Tex service line and they said it appears that sealed stored of Gore tex will reduce the function of jacket,with smell as well.

Anyway,if the dressmaker from China,Vietnam or somewhere,are keen to fake the jackets. We shoudl be careful about it.

But the pattern,gravity pockets and details are so standard. :(

Usually a size m guy in ACR,and the L fits fine. More like parka than blazer.

pics updated,since i already sent the jacket back, no more details pics. But i have to say the Raccagni is no difference from the currently versions 3A-1.

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjFoajBPM05lcEZhZ25PSklBUDJ2

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBBTjVqYk1rT2V1Q1ZZUWtia2Vo

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjAzNmdZMUpvVWN1Q2Rvd3NiOEZV

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

Anyway,if the dressmaker from China,Vietnam or somewhere,are keen to fake the jackets. We shoudl be careful about it.

You're being paranoid. It's probably a preproduction sample. 

Thanks danii.

According to my friend, these jackets fail to pass the quality control(i'm not buying the statement at all LOL). And already returned it.

Also jacket has strong smell out of the bag(the bag is obviously not the usual one we got). Already phoned the Gore Tex service line and they said it appears that sealed stored of Gore tex will reduce the function of jacket,with smell as well.

Usually a size m guy in ACR,and the L fits fine. More like parka than blazer.

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjAzNmdZMUpvVWN1Q2Rvd3NiOEZV

The J44 sizing is a little off in my experience—I also have a M which I think fits a bit more like a L. The shoulders are a little bigger and the sleeves are longer than I'd like. I think that's just the fit Errolson was going for (like the S-6C which is also oversized: http://www.acronym.de/product.php?id=583)

honesrly with way acronym is preordered and priced l see no way how could a preproduction sample from not so many seasons back get to end customers. and l still think the tag is wrong, or at least its different. dunno why two J44 (same season) with white label come with different typography. the most akward thing is the gtx label on sleeve. why. would thy label a sample/not matching quality item with it?

on the otherhand it must be produced in gore licensed factory, because you cant buy gtx in small quantities anywhere. same with the zippers.

Edited by danii

if it's a preproduction sample it wouldn't be produced in the same season, there might be three years between the sample and the target season and especially small details like labeling will see tweaks in the meantime. It also might be they simply printed the wrong label on the first run - mistakes happen.

We know for a fact that brands prototype. We don't know whether copies exist, but it is unlikely that a copy would get everything perfect except the label: the point of a copy is to deliver a cheaper product (which is why he's worried about it being a copy, if it were a perfect copy the point would be moot).  A preproduction sample floating around might seem unlikely, but it's an order of magnitude more likely than the alternative. 

On the way to Everest in Namche Baazar, you'll find anything copied, even latest seasonal clothes. Mostly North Face and all are fake. It's coming in from China and brought in over the pass by yaks, since you can't drive there and anything brought in by heli would create absurd prices.

I consider it unlikely for Acronym though,it still being a niche market. The nike collaboration did bring a lot exposure but a prototype seems a bit more likely ☺

If I find anything in Namche closely resembling Acronym I will let you guys know when I get back.

Sadly it's fake some of the "supercopy" variation.

They produce maybe 10 to 20 of them and stop.

two sellers on some Chinese online marketplace have them around 1700-2000 RMB.

honesrly with way acronym is preordered and priced l see no way how could a preproduction sample from not so many seasons back get to end customers. and l still think the tag is wrong, or at least its different. dunno why two J44 (same season) with white label come with different typography. the most akward thing is the gtx label on sleeve. why. would thy label a sample/not matching quality item with it?

on the otherhand it must be produced in gore licensed factory, because you cant buy gtx in small quantities anywhere. same with the zippers.

Is this what we're talking about? 

well fuck me.

edit: how do they even do this for 300 bucks and still turn a profit? i mean, i get that labor is cheap in china, but there is no economy of scale at work here. does some guy call his nephew who has a gore-tex sew shop and have them make 30 one-off jackets on a saturday afternoon?

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Max production cost of this jacket is around 100 (under 70 realistically) usd if made in china.

Maybe double that if made on TILAK factories in CZ (does Errolson still produce acronym there?)

But i bet Hugh pay more, because factory must turn profit too and the cost of QA and a bit better quality. 

So Chinese guys turn x3, Hugh maybe x5-x6 (he needs to turn profit on wholesale, and no retailer in the world would sell under x2 markup, realistically x2,5-x3)

That's how :)

well fuck me.

edit: how do they even do this for 300 bucks and still turn a profit? i mean, i get that labor is cheap in china, but there is no economy of scale at work here. does some guy call his nephew who has a gore-tex sew shop and have them make 30 one-off jackets on a saturday afternoon?

Pretty much this ^^

I can do almost the same now in Ukraine, but just need some industrial equipment and materials.

And china have all industrial equipment in the world, and all the materials too, exept riri cobrax snaps, sadly no for now.

Edited by mizzar

first of all do not think that sewists at acronym are cool young dudes wearing only the brand. sumperk s a small town with few job opportunities, few years back l saw local ad seeking sewists, you would surprised how low the income was if you convert it to western currency and from point of view of a western people.

second, take a look at this jacket it's tilak skardu, that you can buy for 200usd. tilak is designed by acronym team and some patterns are the same, the skardu is in fact GT-J17 that did not retail for 200.

the point here is that yes even on low prices you can make a profit and it might be very little money for western people but really something for someone else living in more poor parts of the world.

check the label everytime l guess even non typography freaks can tell the difference.

Edited by danii

Yeah, but still high quality seamstress payed around 150 to 300 usd/month max in Ukraine, for example. Maybe a bit more in Sumperk? Also electricity, and logistics for CZ is pricier then for Chinese micro-factorу. 

There is ACR premium part in price, but it's not outrageous. 

first of all do not think that sewists at acronym are cool young dudes wearing only the brand. sumperk s a small town with few job opportunities, few years back l saw local ad seeking sewists, you would surprised how low the income was if you convert it to western currency and from point of view of a western people.