Acronym.

Westbrook

Actually super helpful, I was looking for impressions as well. As for a Bagjack analog, the Skidcat looks like a backpack as opposed to a small messenger with a handle? Is it the Little Jack that's similar?

Yes the Skidcat is a backpack, so made a good alternative to the 3A-7TS (also a backpack) and a more comfortable option than a fully loaded 6TS. 

I'd say the 8TS is the same size as a Bagjack Little Jack, yeah, or maybe even the Pogo. Maybe email them to check. Firmament lists the 8TS dimensions as this:

height: 29cm/ width: 33cm (compressed)

height: 37cm/ width: 33cm (expanded)
in centimeters; approx. values

EDIT: is the Little Jack the only one with the top handle? Looks like it. Definitely get one with the top handle. I missed that hugely on the 6TS. 

EDIT 2: I see how my original post was confusing. I meant look at Bagjack for an 8TS alternative, not the Skidcat. But you obviously figured that out so I don't even know why I'm typing this. God I'm annoying.
Edited by phybron

has anyone cracked Errolson secret of the gorgeous stacks on the p10's or p9's...? 

my guess is he prepares for the photos... smh

seems like it helps to have erlsn-level calf muscle. god knows i can't fucking make it happen. that could also have to do with mine being P10-CH which supposedly aren't as rigid as the Stotz

maybe originalprogram can tell us because his P10 stack game is insane

I also don't understand the logic behind huge messenger bags (6TS), it's not really comfortable to wear it fully loaded (and healthy). What is the size difference between 5 and 6?

In other news I have done some wearing of the 3A-3TS-D CUSTOMJUTSU:

– 3D-printed 40mm slotted loops don't really hold well when printed from ABS: couple of failures happened but thanks to the second strap the bag did not fell to the ground. Now replaced with double loops printed from XT-CF20 (copolymer with 20% carbon fiber).

– I am using the QLQR pull to adjust strap lenght only. I just undo the fidlock which is more comfortable

– rubber HK zipper pull on paracord replaced with more heavy duty hellokitty x vocaloid keychain (on paracord)

– I believe I can fit the bag with more stuff thanks to the triforce strap system:

loaded.jpg

// LOADED 3A-3TS-D

loadedwith.jpg

// GEAR INSIDE

this is real carry (thursday), no modulars / empty backpocket:

-13'' macbook pro (no sleeve)

-filament spool

-3D connexion spacepilot pro (neoprene carry case)

-A5+ notepad with pens and stuff

-glasses case (I really need a new one)

-headphone case (ipod nano inside)

-flapjack+chocolate bar

-tissues+nose spray (damn sars)

-wallet

-grid.it: paracord+zipties+leathermanwave+bandaid+rubberband+grapesugar+ikeasackclosure

coming up next: UTW CALF MUSCLE BATTLE!

Edited by danii

6TS is big, but it isn't out of control huge, and loaded weight depends what you're loading it with, if it's mainly clothes + 1 laptop it's dope for a long weekend trip etc. It has it's times when it's the right bag for the job. Plus it will go as carry-on.

I guess a factor is what kinda height / build someone is to.

Personally I love it. And agree XPAC is awesome.

Seems common sense that it's not intended as a day to day carry round, ( unless you're a pro courier i guess ) that's why there's different sized bags right ? 

Edited by off-world

Actually super helpful, I was looking for impressions as well. As for a Bagjack analog, the Skidcat looks like a backpack as opposed to a small messenger with a handle? Is it the Little Jack that's similar?

I've got an 8ts as well and use it everyday, it's based on the NXL messenger, except bagjacks own has a few more features. I've spoke with them before about custom work, there didn't seem like there was much they couldn't do. Baring an 8ts-COR release with spring, I'd say the NXL messenger is the way to go.

Some thoughts after arranging my small collection:

1: for bags,i keep the 3A-1 and sell the 6TS. interest on 7TS

6TS is too big for me,after few times trying(im 1.8m ). Black foil version is real good looking bag,but the weight is too much.

3A-1 is a real compact solution for me now,might not step into TS soon again.

7TS might be a good form to work like real molle system.

2:pants:leave the P9E,keep the EP1-A. interest on set 3

P9E is a nice multi-func pants,however i already owns lots of pants could be worn at office work enviornment.

EP1A is so tough and a movable carrier for its BDU blood.Working well both in freezing cold Beijing under 15 â„ƒ with inner shell.In summer EPIC cotton might working well too,accrding to my prediction. 

missed the set 3 and feel lucky for the winner.

3:jackets:send S-J7 ,J11x and EJ4-TS away,kept J1A-LP and HY-J3S for now.

J7's ETA proof material makes this jacket a silent and compact jacket and works fine for multi situations.

EJ4-TS is the ultimate bomber jacket in my opinion, even i am not so into this category,wearing it with shirts is a quite comfortable experience.

J11x is my actually first Gore jacket,pattern is amazing, and performance shell is also warm enough in winter,however it is not quite comfortable when sitting.ETA version will be better.

J1A-LP,is a real WOW jacket. At first i am afraid the Loro Piana's wool mixture material might fragile and weak. After months wearing, must say it is so well organized and stand at the good blance point:soft,relative strong wind proof,nice water proof,and metalish color,all in the classy J1's pattern. short cut is might the baggy pattern,but its perfect for layering with inner shell without effort. 

HY-J3S,great learing from M65,but the pattern is so slim,the reason might be the shcoller material in the back,relative hard to layering with heavy shirt.

also,the spec sheet time,here are mine(sorry for the shabby quality),will update

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBmM2RIdkhzVzJobU05SWVjbHkr

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBmM2RIdkhzVzJob0VhdGlqbTJu

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBmM2RIdkhzVzJob1NJNncxT0wx

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjNtcVprN3p0TUUwRmdramc5QWxu

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBhNzl1dTFtTmVYM2IvZXRkdkZE

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjBhNzl1dTFtTmVYNEd2RTBQT0NQ

c0w3Um5RZjRUSjNkUDZYVXhPUzJieDdIY05OcTNu

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

Can anyone write review about foil in third arm? Difference between foil and laminat

Aesthetics aside:

Foil: thinner, lighter, noisier. 

Laminate: thicker, heavier, quieter

Please note that the 6TS Foil uses a different type. I have no experience with it, but from the photos it seems thicker/more durable.  

8ts.6ts Cor

6ts-cor came in.... cordura black seems as tough as expected, but thinner and lighter than thought it would be. Gives x-pac a run for its money. Taking them both on vacation in a few weeks, should have some "in the wild" details afterwards.

....and in the ever-present discussion, the cordura is blacker   :D

Advice please! I just noticed that on the inside of my j47a-gt there is a slight abrasion on the membrane. There's no sign of wear on the exterior of the jacket which is odd, but I'm guessing i sat back or leaned on something and it rubbed against something and it only effected the inside. Anyways, I'd like to fix it before it gets worse. It's small about 1/8th of an inch by 2/8th. Any DIY fix it suggestions? I was thinking of getting seam tape but just read hear that you need special tools to apply it. Thanks in advance.

A little follow up from the NG3 discussion from december. To all NG3-owners: having worn it for some time now, how do you guys feel about the zipper bouncing up and down in the middle of the face while being worn all zipped up? It looks so bad ass on still pictures, but the video posted of it in motion made it look sort of like having a ball sack dangling in the middle of the face. I didn't feel like the last discussion gave too many definitive answers(disregarding that it's all personal preference, obviously).

the details are hideous. but I guess that we are not the target audience and that they probably want to shoot too many targets. 

-leather zipperpulls?

-wearing yeezys in photoshoots

-the cuff ending is hideous

I know many people are against 4D and GG, calling them cheap ACR, but in the end of the day they produce new gear not just copy and adjust for themselves. Garuda is good PR for them:D

maybe they're moving into a new direction.

Totally OT: I remember watching some documentary a while back about those dudes that coach guys to flirt with women better. One of these ultra alpha-male dudes was saying that if you say the phrase 'new direction' enough to a woman, she will eventually hear the phrase 'nude erection'. As stupid as it sounded at the time, I now always seem to say 'nude erection' in my head when i read 'new direction'. And now you probably will too.