Acronym.

Westbrook

Blackbox, 

I'm 5'9 and 148, i got a small and the fit is great. In the picture i'm wearing a thick crewneck underneath and there's still room to move around comfortably.

If you're in the states you'll receive it in 3 days and the duty tax is $160.33 (just fyi)

The duty is 160.33.

Seriously?

Fcuk Canadian duties/customs.

Blackbox, 

I'm 5'9 and 148, i got a small and the fit is great. In the picture i'm wearing a thick crewneck underneath and there's still room to move around comfortably.

If you're in the states you'll receive it in 3 days and the duty tax is $160.33 (just fyi)

you guys are talking past eachother.

the acrhive was apparently taken down on request from acr. acr's request to take down the acrhive stems from an apparent unease on their part regarding the existence of an extensive third party database of acr designs. whether this unease is fueled by a fear of facilitating design infringement, or embarrassment on erlsn's part to see his old haircuts propagated into eternity, we can't tell. however, acr's tendency towards secrecy is mentioned, and illustrated with examples, as a possible explanation. that's all there is to it.

Someone just wanna hit up Erlsn and see if he's cool with it?

Blackbox, 

Thanks for the info Numberboy8.  :)

I was hoping that there wouldn't be any duty tax in the US, but oh well.

Blackbox, 

damn you got me overthinking now because I got the J1A-GT in medium and I thought it fit well and I have the exact same height and weight measurements lol

I have no idea how the duty tax works but i was expecting over 300 but somehow invoiced $160.33

bboysparrow - i'm sure medium would've worked if i wanted more room for layering, but Cali is hot as hell most of the year so i was really shooting for wearing the shell over a tee. 

insomnia - you're probably right. Guess i'll have to buy a medium hardshell from SS16 or FW16-17 then!

I was trying to buy the J50-WS size small on Grailed to see if it'll fit under the J1A-GT, some lucky bastard got it before i could pull the trigger. If you're on here, i hate you lol.

But seriously if it doesn't work out hit me up, i'll buy it.

I was in Tokyo when FW15 dropped. don't know about other places but Tomorrowland Shibuya did not have any of the new pieces within 1 week of the drop, they said it would be at least another 2. that said I will be in Japan at the same time as you and will definitely be hunting as well lol. 

maybe someone else knows of a better location than tomorrowland?

edit: since the ACR stockist list is completely outdated maybe we should have a collaborative list of ACR stockists in tokyo or around the world

Edited by donburi

OK, so I've done some research and wanted to share it with users who are in the US, and are interested in knowing why they are being charged around $320 for duty fees when they order an item like the J1A-GT.

Apparently the US Tariff code for this item is classified as 6201.93.3511. When looking up this code on the HTS search website: https://hts.usitc.gov/?query=62019335 we find that the duty charge is 27.7%. So if your going to spend around $1100 for an jacket that is made from man-made materials, it is going to cost you around $300. There is also a flat fee of $10 which you pay for all the processing work.

Hope this info helps.

@numberboy8,

you got lucky! 

Edited by blackbox

OK, so I've done some research and wanted to share it with users who are in the US, and are interested in knowing why they are being charged around $320 for duty fees when they order an item like the J1A-GT.

Apparently the US Tariff code for this item is classified as 6201.93.3511. When looking up this code on the HTS search website: https://hts.usitc.gov/?query=62019335 we find that the duty charge is 27.7%. So if your going to spend around $1100 for an jacket that is made from man-made materials, it is going to cost you around $300. There is also a flat fee of $10 which you pay for all the processing work.

Hope this info helps.

@numberboy8,

you got lucky! 

Thank you for the information That is very helpful. the $320 really sucks but I followed the advice of adding 30% on top of the actual price I'm paying and just factor that into the cost. 

A "water resistant jacket" is HS 6201.93.30 and 7%. A classification change in HS code can make a big difference in duties. I would guess that any jacket from the CO could be classified as "water resistant" due to it's DWR.

Edited by CB200

You guys have to also consider:

1. what country is the item coming in from (shit from Japan under 1k generally receives no duties, its a trade agreement from what I know)

2. what country of origin are the materials primarily composing the jacket

3. who the hell is doing your paperwork (Acronym uses UPS, so the UPS brokerage will do your paperwork.  There is a huge difference between using a private brokerage and using a public service liks USPS or Canada Post.)

while we're on the topic i just got a sweater from norse store and checking online they seem notorious for custom fees from using fedex and marking the item at full value.

checking the label and the package was marked as $192.00 value and described as a "mens hoodie 100% cotton."

from what i know there's a chance i won't get hit with customs because the item is valued under $200 but i am never sure with fedex. what do you guys think?

while we're on the topic i just got a sweater from norse store and checking online they seem notorious for custom fees from using fedex and marking the item at full value.

checking the label and the package was marked as $192.00 value and described as a "mens hoodie 100% cotton."

from what i know there's a chance i won't get hit with customs because the item is valued under $200 but i am never sure with fedex. what do you guys think?

I can almost guarantee you will get hit with something.  using a private brokerage like UPS/Fedex etc will almost ALWAYS result in extra fees - whether it be duties and brokerage fees or just brokerage fees.

I know both the Canadian government and US government (federal mail services) tend not to charge duties on things under 200 (as a rule of thumb), but parcel services WILL.