Acronym.

Westbrook

If you look back in this thread I have some fit pics my P23ts-s Small. The jersey cuff stops at my ankle and the fit where the jersey cuff meets the cotton looks seamless, like the pants have an extreme taper, not like on the ACR site where there is a defined stop to the cotton and the jersey cuff looks like tights being worn underneath.  The only restriction I've noticed is that the hem of the cotton is tight on my calves, which restricts big leg movements because the hem catches on my calves, this happens less the lower I wear the pants, so usually I have them sit right below my hips for maximum comfort. That being said I love the way they look and think i wouldn't be as comfortable in a size M as they would be too baggy. If in anyone in NYC has a size M and wants to try and size S and have a pants party send me a PM :D 

Unless you have a very specific aesthetic preference on how a wide dropcrotch pant should fit, functionally, it is best to buy TTS for the P23TS. Fit for length not so much for width as it should accommodate the thickest of thighs and waistlines (within spec). Check your height against ACR's fit models. FYI: Errolson is 183 cm. Sizing down on the P23TS will restrict range of articulation due to the elastic cuffs resisting the pant to move up and slide over your legs as you get into the more extreme ranges. While it would still be possible to power through the move and break the elastic grip, it would be suboptimal and somewhat defeats the DFMA (Designed For Martial Arts) cut of the pant.  

Edited by cmdR

For those that have a 3A-5TS, how much can you carry in your bag? I kinda want a 3A-5TS, but i am not sure I have so many things to lug around. 

It can handle quite a bit.  I generally use it to carry my DSLR + lenses in this: http://mountainsmith.com/index.php/camera/kit-cube-2014.html

On top of that I usually have a 32oz. Nalgene in there, a jacket/sweater, some snacks; and sometimes a book/Kindle, laptop (in sleeve).  It comes with an inner padded liner, which can be removed to allow for more space, and the straps are adjustable to allow vertical expansion.  If you're trying to use it as a daily carry, it's more than enough space.  If you're trying to use it as a duffle for trips, doable depending on length of trip and how you pack.  At full load the problem for me has never been space, but the weight will get uncomfortable on one shoulder (but that's true with any one-shoulder slung bag, not just this).

^ thanks for the input. I typically carry a 20L backpack to work, and I usually pack a laptop, gym clothes, a 32oz bottle, a notebook, foldable umbrella and my keys and misc stuff. Just wondering if the 3A-5TS would be really empty in this case. Seems like a 3A-1 would be a more suitable size for my usage I guess.

It can handle quite a bit.  I generally use it to carry my DSLR + lenses in this: http://mountainsmith.com/index.php/camera/kit-cube-2014.html

On top of that I usually have a 32oz. Nalgene in there, a jacket/sweater, some snacks; and sometimes a book/Kindle, laptop (in sleeve).  It comes with an inner padded liner, which can be removed to allow for more space, and the straps are adjustable to allow vertical expansion.  If you're trying to use it as a daily carry, it's more than enough space.  If you're trying to use it as a duffle for trips, doable depending on length of trip and how you pack.  At full load the problem for me has never been space, but the weight will get uncomfortable on one shoulder (but that's true with any one-shoulder slung bag, not just this).

really wanna echo this. i used the 5ts for a few days as my daily commute bag. carried a laptop, charger, waterbottle, sometimes a jacket or book. found it pretty uncomfortable on shoulder after maybe 15-20 mins of standing. fortunately i had the mk2 cordura, so i had the top carrying handle, but i generally couldn't adjust. it wasn't nearly as comfortable worn as a backpack or even an ecat. if you can compartmentalize well with attachments and keep it under a reasonable weight, it's cool.

also i used to switch to the "backpack" configuration every so-often, but the weight doesn't distribute evenly between the straps + it's a bit awkwardly oriented – just in case you were considering that option.

FWIW: I don't know about the P23s, but on P13s, the cuffs would bind up on my calves doing an Iaido class. I am by far not a fat guy at all (6'1, 174ish lbs).

Are the 23s stitched up as tight as the 13s? 

No the P23s are looser and the parts that bind are elastic HD Jersey (also water resistant FYI). If you do extreme range of movements though the pant cuffs will ride up and remain high; which in this state no articulation is hindered.  

^ thanks for the input. I typically carry a 20L backpack to work, and I usually pack a laptop, gym clothes, a 32oz bottle, a notebook, foldable umbrella and my keys and misc stuff. Just wondering if the 3A-5TS would be really empty in this case. Seems like a 3A-1 would be a more suitable size for my usage I guess.

forget 3A-1 for that much stuff. I have 3TS (which si the same size minus the external pockets) and I hate carry gym clothes in it. If you have 13'' you can fit it in portrait mode, you can attach the bottle to the D-ring with a carabiner but it's not for swift moves (you can fix it to TS with extra strap, but the 3A-1 has no TS).

Maybe it's me but I prefer empty bag to fully loaded.

forget 3A-1 for that much stuff. I have 3TS (which si the same size minus the external pockets) and I hate carry gym clothes in it. If you have 13'' you can fit it in portrait mode, you can attach the bottle to the D-ring with a carabiner but it's not for swift moves (you can fix it to TS with extra strap, but the 3A-1 has no TS).

Maybe it's me but I prefer empty bag to fully loaded.

I'd agree with dani on this one. 3A-1|3TS is a funny kind of bag where certain sizes and shapes of items fit really well, and some others don't. The most I've ever hauled in a 3A-3TS at once was:

• 12" Laptop
  • 5x bottles of beer
  • A5 Notebook
  • 2.5" HDD
  • Laptop charger
  • Box of sushi
  • Keys
  • Computer mouse
  • misc computer cables.

I didn't carry the things for very long, just bought the beer and sushi and took it home. I'm really glad it fit, and it fit well, but it was the absolute limit for a 3A-3TS bag and not very comfortable.

9FksMlB.jpg

ZqTQGdN.jpg

thanks for the input guys. seems like the 3A-1 is out then. 

I used my 3A-1 as my edc for CES this year and it is a bit more limited than something like a TADgear litespeed. Just about managed to carry a camera, J22, Veilance Mionn blazer, 13" Macbook Air, and some odds and sods, but that was basically as much as you'd ever want to put in it. The bag's also a lot more comfortable to carry when it's not stuffed to the gills.

I haven't had any trouble trading with people on SuFu, but I did once have someone nearly scam me on Grailed. Thankfully I was able to get my money back (full refund) through their Buyer protection.

---------

Perhaps I should call it nailed or failed.com. my first 2 purchases with zero success rate. For both I'm forced to start my PayPal's buyer protection now. And I hate to do this. I didn't expect this at all.

On Sufu doing better with a 100% success rate (1 successful trade;). So shout out @btford for supplying me the P23TS-CH size M and a P23TS-CH size S in return.

And we did it along the lines as he described. Total cost? 50-ish euro for import fees and a 3%-ish? on Paypal fees and some currency exchange loss.

Thanks for making this international trade possible!

-------

Edit: got my money back on one of these transactions. Shitty since I'd rather have the item I bought. Should I inform Grailed or leave it at that?

Edited by Sjefur

---------

Perhaps I should call it nailed or failed.com. my first 2 purchases with zero success rate. For both I'm forced to start my PayPal's buyer protection now. And I hate to do this. I didn't expect this at all.

On Sufu doing better with a 100% success rate (1 successful trade;). So shout out @btford for supplying me the P23TS-CH size M and a P23TS-CH size S in return.

And we did it along the lines as he described. Total cost? 50-ish euro for import fees and a 3%-ish? on Paypal fees and some currency exchange loss.

Thanks for making this international trade possible!

-------

Edit: got my money back on one of these transactions. Shitty since I'd rather have the item I bought. Should I inform Grailed or leave it at that?

For the record, @Sjefur was a great trade partner. Don't hesitate to deal with this guy.

received my first gore-tex item. j11x in performance shell.

It feels quite like a softshell.

For sizing,bit similarity of real formal suit jacket,not too much room for layering in winter.However,with heat tec of Uniqlo,then a heavy shit then the jacket,3 pieces will works fine,but no more space.The length of sleeves works fine,almost reach my thumbs,hooray for my asain shape.

storm hood made from paclite,bit too small for my big face :ph34r: .

As for gravity pockets, no country for old men, they are too small for iphone 6(fw07/08,still nokia). From my expereicen with J1A-LP,these pockets works fine.

I got it on the drop and returned it. Very nice piece, material is crazy, looks quite leathery. It's very much like a fitted padded shirt but equally a jacket, i just couldn't justify the $$$ when i have more than enough of both so sent it back.

Edit: Just realised I'm talking about the LA5-MP....apologies. Material is the same though, very neoprene-y but super comfy.

Edited by Dolphinski

seems like they are really going to release these (and there are more cws). I pass (not a fan of AF1 features like the sole and toebox, presence of olive), anyone going to get some?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by danii

looking for some sizing input on the j1a-gt or j1a-s

on the official site i notice it says the jacket fits loose. measurements do back that up.

i'm wondering if it's loose enough to size down? normally a XL. i know the loose fit would help with interops but i wouldnt want it to look like a garbage bag :mellow: