Acronym.

Westbrook

much appreciated. i'm about the same height/weight but usually size up for baggy ACR fit. i think i'd fit a M in this, though. last question: if you were to layer with a hoodie under instead of a tee, would you be able to zip up without expansion panel? or would you need to add it in?

edit: ah and what was the sale % from haven? when did this happen? i thought i kept up with it but i guess not

thanks for the help.

definitely would work with a hoodie. just tried on one of my thicker/bulkier ones with the J-40 and it was fine.

searching my email, I found an invoice from one of my purchases from Haven that was $6,035.00 CAD, which included the jacket and a bunch of other things. It's not itemized for some reason though, so who knows. my fall fashion season was a blur of poor spending choices and sales and tears and triumph and regret and glory and I'm trying not to relive it. sorry I can't be more helpful.

yeah definitely! I've been meaning to organize a SF ACR meetup. Met a lot of cool people through trades here, would be great to gather everyone up to shoot the shit and get to know each other.

Wow that leaner looks amazing. Do you think you could have sized down? The sleeves are almost pass your hands. Looks short on body but sleeves are long. Overall the fit isnt too bad. Ordering from Canada is best right now since our $ is at its lowest.

Cheers

Oh boy do I have a lot to say about the J-40L. First, this is one of my favorite pieces from Acronym ever. That being said, I think the fit's a little weird. This jacket is definitely not for everyone.

For me, I think the fit is a bit box-y, kinda similar to the cut on Cav Empt shirts. I'm wearing a Medium here. I'm normally a Medium-Small for ACR sizes (5'10", 160lbs), so overall I'd say the jacket is TTS. I'm a bit barrel-chested (I'm 38" around the chest), but I actually like how the jacket fits around my chest. I have a bit of a gut, and feel a bit of tightness around the waist (my natural waist is 35", I wear 33" pants) without the zippered insert.

The sleeves run long, like most ACR jackets, but the longer sleeves feel a bit weird with the heavier leather fabric as opposed to cotton or GTX. I bet the length of the sleeves will become less of an issue as I wear it in.

Let me take some pics real quick.

Here's the full album: https://imgur.com/a/HusYX (I'm not a talented photographer) and another on my insta of me tryin to look cool (if you're into that soft of thing)

I ordered mine from Haven when it was on sale. The fees were reasonable, if I recall. I don't even wanna think about what they'd be like direct from ACR.

Hey man, nice write up. Hope you enjoying the E-J4TS ; )

the j40-l is without a doubt the most exciting design acr's ever done, and possibly one of the best techwear pieces ever. too bad it costs an arm and a leg. 

Is it really tech-wear if it's leather? 

I think the "tech" aspect is mostly dependent of the design of the garment, and not the material used. Technical, for me at least, implies a design mostly oriented towards usage and functionality instead of ornament like traditional clothes. 

I see some natural materials (like leather, wool, down, etc) as the ultimate goal that synthetic material try to achieve/reproduce. Skin is the perfect permeable yet breathable material. Wool and down are still some of the warmest materials we have.

The first raincoats were made of seal/whale intestines and I see this as technical as f***.

Unfortunately sometimes the alterations made to it to allow us to use it as clothing material (I especially think about leather here) alter their properties and make them less appealing from a technical standpoint.

But I see no contradiction in having technical clothing made of natural material, and for me the j40-l is one good exemple, not perfect, but still in the right direction.

Edited by jishin

Is it really tech-wear if it's leather? 

jishin covered it really well, but yeah. for me techwear is simply clothing that sits at the outermost edge of garment technology, regardless of it's aesthetics and intended userbase. 

Amateur question hour: Where are the 8 pockets on a pair of P15 / p23ts / Etc. ? You've got 1 phone pocket, 2 back pockets, 2 front pockets and 1 little pocket in the left front pocket, that makes 6, where are the other 2?

i asked this same question back when the original p15-ch dropped. the extra 2 pockets are the "deep pocket" pockets. to recap, it's:

- 2 back

- 2 front

- 1 external phone pocket on right

- 1 internal phone pocket on left (same size as phone pocket)

- 2 "deep pockets" (one in each front pocket)

the deep pockets are a bit hard to explain. there's a small partition connected to the outseam of the pants that is big enough to hold small items (e.g., earbuds, car keys, etc.). it's not separated from the main front pocket space by a wall of fabric, but more like an additional small compartment added to the main front pocket.

really hard to explain but maybe if someone has a pic handy they can upload it

Can I ask: How do people go about straight trading items with people they meet on this forum / online generally ?

This has been puzzling me for some time ! 

If it's a straight trade then one person has to ship first in good faith / blind faith or__ ?

Any advice much appreciated, sorry new to forums etc

Edited by off-world

Can I ask: How do people go about straight trading items with people the meet on this forum / online generally ?

This has been puzzling me for some time ! 

If it's a straight trade then one person has to ship first in good faith / blind faith or__ ?

Any advice much appreciated, sorry new to forums etc

I've done trades either in-person or by having each person "sell" to the other via paypal. It works like this: you each request a set amount (say $500) for the item through Paypal. Once the money clears on both sides, you each send the items, with tracking.

You lose a bit of $$$ to Paypal (3%, I think?) but you get their buyer protection, which is pretty nice. You can set the amount, I've always done MSRP. But whatever amount you each pay is the value that Paypal will refund you if you don't see your item come in the mail.

I haven't had any trouble trading with people on SuFu, but I did once have someone nearly scam me on Grailed. Thankfully I was able to get my money back (full refund) through their Buyer protection.

Edited by btford

Thanks @btford 

when you say sell to each other do you mean at full value ? 

Also someone still has to buy first ? slightly unnerving if you're in London and trading with someone in for example Australia / LA / etc

Edited by off-world

Thanks @btford 

when you say sell to each other do you mean at full value ? 

Also someone still has to buy first ? slightly unnerving if you're in London and trading with someone in for example Australia / LA / etc

I updated my original post for clarity.

Yes, someone's transaction will clear before the other, but you don't have to send your item until you have their money. If they don't send you their item in the trade, you can get a full refund via paypal.

As added insurance, you can get your paypal account verified, and check that your trade partners is too.

Others might have alternative methods of trading, but this is what I've done without any trouble.

Just ripped the velcro laptop attachment for my 6TS bag... Now need to find a replacement.

May just take a third party sleeve and add velcro.

Anyone else do any modifications/custom pouches to their bags?

anything is doable but since bagjack has perfect fit (and you don't seem to look for something extraordinary) I'd buy their product.

Hey wanted to get some opinions on sizing. I'm wanting to purchase the p23ts-s pants - not sure whether to get small or medium from the measurements.

for reference I have pretty large thighs from cycling so sizing pants is a pain for me.

waist-31"

hips-37-38"

thigh-21"

Thx u