Acronym.

Westbrook

Goretex pants are very uncomfortable to wear all day long unless you are 100% outside.

that is true, but that is the same for GT jackets isn't it ? - unless most folks just wear them indoors and by the look of it most do, having seen photos mostly of them standing in front of mirrors - bless 'em !!!

No point in shouting the virtues of waterproof blah blah otherwise eh ?

I like the gtx upper and ch combo though Inky - might be onto something there...

that is true, but that is the same for GT jackets isn't it ? - unless most folks just wear them indoors and by the look of it most do, having seen photos mostly of them standing in front of mirrors - bless 'em !!!

I like the gtx upper and ch combo though Inky - might be onto something there...

you can see this in these riding pants by CCP (not carol), a brand carried by softs

b926cf8c28c092017245cf535ae6b9e5.jpg

looks like they can be stored too

c327b6f2c57af712653d7d872e043666.jpg

http://softs.cart.fc2.com/ca6/379/p1-r-s/

I can pretty much guarantee you that no one is wearing their GT inside unless wherever they are is really cold, or they want to look really awkward.

New Chucks from Nigel Cabourn look a bit ACRNM-esque

J9hn1vG.png

Don't mind that upper at all, but doesn't really blend too well with toe cap.

It's a nice concept but needs to be paired with a boot rather than an old school sneaker. It just looks too, anime.

Overall is about 35% on top of the total amount. I either get a friend abroad (EU) to proxy me. It takes longer but def way cheaper. I never order anything that will get duties and taxes. Its so fucking bullshit

I think it is almost the same as paying retail from Havenshop

Edited by JoseRizal

Overall is about 35% on top of the total amount. I either get a friend abroad (EU) to proxy me. It takes longer but def way cheaper. I never order anything that will get duties and taxes. Its so fucking bullshit

I think it is almost the same as paying retail from Havenshop

Yea dude, pretty much.  However, if you don't have a friend and if you use a proxy like Sutocorp, it almost costs as much as going direct from ACRNM.  I'd rather get it in 3 days from ACRNM than 2 weeks from Sutocorp and have a difference of 25 bucks.  (I've done this before)

Total amount paid was pretty much 30% on retail.

Been wearing Carinthia PRG GTX Pro pants all day long, indoor and outdoor and felt quite comfortable in them .

Yea dude, pretty much.  However, if you don't have a friend and if you use a proxy like Sutocorp, it almost costs as much as going direct from ACRNM.  I'd rather get it in 3 days from ACRNM than 2 weeks from Sutocorp and have a difference of 25 bucks.  (I've done this before)

This isn't a new thing though is it? How much did the J47A, J27 etc costs you in import duties if you don't mind me asking?

This isn't a new thing though is it? How much did the J47A, J27 etc costs you in import duties if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah it's normal. I was charged $400 in duties for the J47GT. Might as well just wait for someone to sell on Grailed. Alternative is Haven, but their markup is way higher than anyone else. 

Go find yourself an e-friend! Lol honestly even if you tip the person 50 bucks it's still cheaper. I feel you though, I hate that we get charged that much.

Got a general sizing question for any smaller guys in here on shells like j27 and j47. I'm about 5'6" 140 lbs, size small acronym always seemed like the chest measurement was a bit wide but can anybody comment on the width and arm length around this size. Probably would layer some with the shells so i'm thinking its probably a good fit just curious though without having to read through 200 pages to find answers. Thanks

Oh boy do I have a lot to say about the J-40L. First, this is one of my favorite pieces from Acronym ever. That being said, I think the fit's a little weird. This jacket is definitely not for everyone.

For me, I think the fit is a bit box-y, kinda similar to the cut on Cav Empt shirts. I'm wearing a Medium here. I'm normally a Medium-Small for ACR sizes, so overall I'd say the jacket is TTS. I'm a bit barrel-chested (I'm 38" around the chest), but I actually like how the jacket fits around my chest. I have a bit of a gut, and feel a bit of tightness around the waist (my natural waist is 35", I wear 33" pants) without the zippered insert.

The sleeves run long, like most ACR jackets, but the longer sleeves feel a bit weird with the heavier leather fabric as opposed to cotton or GTX. I bet the length of the sleeves will become less of an issue as I wear it in.

Let me take some pics real quick.

Here's the full album: https://imgur.com/a/HusYX (I'm not a talented photographer) and another on my insta of me tryin to look cool (if you're into that soft of thing)

I ordered mine from Haven when it was on sale. The fees were reasonable, if I recall. I don't even wanna think about what they'd be like direct from ACR.

thanks for the reply man. if you don't mind me asking, what's your height?

edit: also i will keep my eyes peeled for another ACR head in SF  :ph34r:

Edited by insomnia

much appreciated. i'm about the same height/weight but usually size up for baggy ACR fit. i think i'd fit a M in this, though. last question: if you were to layer with a hoodie under instead of a tee, would you be able to zip up without expansion panel? or would you need to add it in?

edit: ah and what was the sale % from haven? when did this happen? i thought i kept up with it but i guess not

thanks for the help.

Edited by insomnia