Acronym.

Westbrook

366763c056_w710.jpg

Dual Front Zip_B: Liner access zip* [ 2-way non-separating X-type 3 MM WR zipper ] [ *Not a pocket ]

Soo, it's not a pocket. What's the point then? If you put something in there, would it just drop out the bottom of the jacket? Why even allow that half of the zipper to be opened?

Probably access to a (not yet released) liner pocket.

Edited by Trisa

Chiming in on this as well, love the post apocalypse dystopian style tech wear much more than I enjoy clean lines and shiny new fabrics. Which is why, although it may be heresy, I prefer the E-J1A or J1A-S to the GT or LP versions. (Gutted I can't afford the L E version on eBay rn)

It appears to have quite a bit of wear on it. Shoot him a reasonable offer, you might be surprised.

It appears to have quite a bit of wear on it. Shoot him a reasonable offer, you might be surprised.

I agree....that's pretty steep for an E-J1A in that condition. I'd hit him up with an offer...maybe you can work out a straight Paypal sale, that would save him cash and get the price lower for you.  Just a thought...

Just a quick one but I finally tried on my NG3-PS and when zipped up to the top the material does close behind it so there shouldn't be any issues with zip-on-nose. I'm not too keen on the zip right up the middle myself anyway but will definitely be draping it about my head and neck partially-zipped as it's pretty cosy. Maybe if we get some snow or something and I can play it off against the ACG balaclava.

After having lurked a lot, I finally subscribed.

I wanted to know if some of you guys had the chance to compare the jackets made from GT pro from the one in etaproof and how they perform in terms waterproofing, breathability and DWR.

Looking at the J1A it seems Acronym went from GT active, to epic, then etaproof and now back to GT (pro) this season and I wondered why they changed the fabric so much.

Acronym does that (I assume) to provide different aesthetics or feels to the same jacket block.

Acronym likes tweaking their iterations because from what I've seen it believes in the spirit of innovation and evolution (this is all assumption; there are far more connected people than I in regards to acrnm.)

In terms of waterproofability - GT Pro is handsdown the best material I've ever owned.  Eta is definitely quieter and softer and breathable, and I know for many people that's a huge attraction, but for me, I like my goretex extra crispy with a side of crispy.

Etaproof is basically ventile with dwr, from what I know. 

do you guys prefer the 3a-1 or the 3a-3ts more?

having a hard time deciding between the two. i think both are good for everyday use. i like that the 3a-3ts gives you many options to make the bag your own but i was probably going to use the same setup as the 3a-1 anyways. they are both pretty much the same size right?

do you guys prefer the 3a-1 or the 3a-3ts more?

having a hard time deciding between the two. i think both are good for everyday use. i like that the 3a-3ts gives you many options to make the bag your own but i was probably going to use the same setup as the 3a-1 anyways. they are both pretty much the same size right?

I pick 3a bag without ts.

For me the size of 3a means a daily compact bag with one hand solution without too much tricks at the same time. Too much modulars on the bag like this size might be bit croudy?

If you prefer ts modulars i recommend you consider bigger size and it means you could interact with outside modulars without pull the main cover of the bags to extend the whole functions.

Hope this could help you choosing your bag:)

I picked 3A-3TS and I must admit it was mainly because of the looks of it. I am not fan of the olive hardware and on the other hand I really like the no-seam techsys look. I did not attach pouches most of the time but I used the TS to put pens, attach stuff with carabiner. However I do not like to carry wallet and phone in garment pockets when with bag so everytime I needed I had to put them in the inside pockets, that were already occupied by small items I don't want to travel around the bag. (I like being organized)

So it all depends on how you are used to interact with you bag. I am thinking about getting the 3A-1 too.

exactly my thoughts. the customization comes with a price. i don't think i want to invest that much time and money finding the right attachments. if i was willing to put in more money into it i guess i'll look at the ts. a great everyday bag is what i need.

thanks for the input fellas!

Can someone post some detailed pics of the 3A-WK3 Magnetic-Dock Belt Adapter? Like how the fabric is attached around the fidlock magnet? And how the straps are attached?

These are the pics from Firmament but I need some more details:

http://imgur.com/a/p0qb9

I'm busy with some DIY customisations and trying to recreate it.

Edited by Sjefur