Acronym.

Westbrook

Common sense advises that it's probably to attach something else with a little zipper to it.

pffffff.............really? 

Does someone know what can be attached by the zipper above the acronym size label?

Liner attachment - same location as the ACG 2 - in - 1

Thanks

Edited by Trisa

Sure are a lot of people selling GT-J47s. Is there a problem with the fit or jacket?

I think it is because a lot of kids jumped on acronym or generally techwear recently and they just don't know what to do with that kind of jacket (shell). I got it too, it's great jacket.

I think it is because a lot of kids jumped on acronym or generally techwear recently and they just don't know what to do with that kind of jacket (shell). I got it too, it's great jacket.

Or selling because they want to pick up the J1A.

Yeah...no point in my keeping a jacket where I won't be using most of the functions that make it unique. Better to pass it on to someone who will really appreciate what it is. I'll say this, though; Acronym buyers are some of the nicest people I've come across on the internet. Really a pleasure to do business with. 

Yeah...no point in my keeping a jacket where I won't be using most of the functions that make it unique. Better to pass it on to someone who will really appreciate what it is. I'll say this, though; Acronym buyers are some of the nicest people I've come across on the internet. Really a pleasure to do business with. 

I've noticed this as well. Obsessing over escape zips and geometric articulation is some serious male bonding shit.

If I had to guess, it's for something we'll be seeing in the future. Or they're aware of the cross over and it's been made to utilize an existing liner like the one that comes in the new acg jackets.

Edited by jbob24

Could someone post photos of the liner attachment of ACG 2 in 1 for see the zipper, cheers

there really aren't good pictures but having handled the ACG stuff it really looks like they are meant to work together

best one I could find NIKELAB-ACG-SYSTEM-TRENCH-812987_010_K_P

The only function is to keep both piece together, and put them both on in 1 go.

Neck attachment from Last's ACG but it is the same at this year's

2jfk5kz.jpg

Had to ask my bro at HK for this pic. Hoop and Snap wrist attachment. The pic shown is this year's ACG. Last year's ACG are the same. ( Snap on shell / Hoop on liner ) Since the hoop is on the shell for the J1A we can assume that there will be something made to work with the J1A. Or you can modify what you own to make it work.
hwafiq.jpg
Edited by dsxero

Anyone have experience with the water resistance of the grey melange SS-J2? Picked up a brand new one off Grailed and the face fabric wets out pretty easily. Wondering if this is normal or if I should reproof/iron?

Fabric composition is 31% poly, 28% wool,  24% cotton, 14% PU, 3% elastane. 

Edited by Redmau

Is it Schoeller 3XDry or WB-400? Will probably have a label on it somewhere.

In my experience, 3XDry gets wet pretty quick but also dries quick whereas WB400 is a lot more repellant.

Thanks. Its labeled WB-400 3XDRY. It does dry fast though.

WVowaTs.jpg

Is it Schoeller 3XDry or WB-400? Will probably have a label on it somewhere.

In my experience, 3XDry gets wet pretty quick but also dries quick whereas WB400 is a lot more repellant.

3xdry is a surface treatment, wb-400 is a family of laminates. you're probably thinking of the difference between wb and dryskin.

The SS-j2's were all wb-400. I'm confused though: redmau's sheet shows the grey melange ss-j2, but that one doesn't have any wool in the face. The ss-j2w is the one that has wool face wb-400.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Regarding the zipper on the liner, there was an interview with Errolson for ACG, that touches on that.

http://www.complex.com/style/2015/11/errolson-hugh-nike-acg-interview

We fully realized that it evolved. Specifically with the 2-in-1 jacket, layering is a huge thing. We were trying to get this maximum spectrum of activity and use, and for that we developed a new method of attaching the jacket and liner together. The goal for that was to be as unobtrusive as possible. Instead of using the normal attachment system, we installed the zipper in the collar. It allows you to have most of the jacket closed, which provides other options for wearability as well. That has continued into the other pieces this season, and we will be making things backwards compatible. All of the new liners will work with the old liners and jackets.

The SS-j2's were all wb-400. I'm confused though: redmau's sheet shows the grey melange ss-j2, but that one doesn't have any wool in the face. The ss-j2w is the one that has wool face wb-400.

Got the fabric composition straight from the tag. I'm guessing the J2W had a much higher percentage of wool.

After hours usage:3A-1 is a truly nice daily bag,but really sorry to use it during rush hour in Beijing's subway... what a torture for the bag. Checking the setup video to familiar with the tricks.

IMO I think tech stuff looks better used and chewed up than something that sits on a hanger all day long. Use it, spill stuff on it, put holes in it, repair it, make it your own. 

IMO I think tech stuff looks better used and chewed up than something that sits on a hanger all day long. Use it, spill stuff on it, put holes in it, repair it, make it your own. 

That's funny because I was going to post a verrry similar thing, I love the look of some beat up old combat trousers, with an acr/tech jacket and beat up backpack, much like a hybrid mish-mash of Mad Max / SWAT !

I find the sterile uniform a little too generic,  I guess that is why I love the P23 olive so much as it veers away from the super clean and looks a bit more makeshift.

I might get shot down in flames for this but there you go.

The Futura/ACR collab was great because it broke the mold as such, as has the Nemen partnership as per the leaked images (J28)

I was thinking how great it would be to see more left field come into play - the asymmetric olive arm thing and all that, how good would it be to see the tigerstripe of SISP employed in such a way, give me some P15 tiger stripe shimmer !

it feels that creativity is on the up.

Sure thing ;) Hope it could last long.

3A-1 is a real carrier. Yesterday took a shit heavy a4 documents round 300 pages,a softshell, other small pieces. Think this might be its limitation, luckily I do not need carry this load daily.

That's funny because I was going to post a verrry similar thing, I love the look of some beat up old combat trousers, with an acr/tech jacket and beat up backpack, much like a hybrid mish-mash of Mad Max / SWAT !

I find the sterile uniform a little too generic,  I guess that is why I love the P23 olive so much as it veers away from the super clean and looks a bit more makeshift.

I might get shot down in flames for this but there you go.

The Futura/ACR collab was great because it broke the mold as such, as has the Nemen partnership as per the leaked images (J28)

I was thinking how great it would be to see more left field come into play - the asymmetric olive arm thing and all that, how good would it be to see the tigerstripe of SISP employed in such a way, give me some P15 tiger stripe shimmer !

it feels that creativity is on the up.

Really like this too. I was thinking how much I like the contrast in the ACRNM shots with the models wearing the new gear with beat up slip-ons and Nikes.

Chiming in on this as well, love the post apocalypse dystopian style tech wear much more than I enjoy clean lines and shiny new fabrics. Which is why, although it may be heresy, I prefer the E-J1A or J1A-S to the GT or LP versions. (Gutted I can't afford the L E version on eBay rn)

Edited by akuma no uta