Acronym.

Westbrook

concerned theory: what if all these crazy drops and incredible pieces are happening because this is the last year of acrnm

Alternate theory: the current trend towards tech sportswear has increased the acrnm market and resulted in more income, allowing the ability to create bigger ranges and more experimental pieces. The J1A reissue seems like a timely "for those of you who are new to this..." kind of moment, similar to how sneaker brands have been re-issuing their most coveted releases.

366763c056_w710.jpg

Dual Front Zip_B: Liner access zip* [ 2-way non-separating X-type 3 MM WR zipper ] [ *Not a pocket ]

Soo, it's not a pocket. What's the point then? If you put something in there, would it just drop out the bottom of the jacket? Why even allow that half of the zipper to be opened?

So tempted by the j1a-gt. The look of the j1a-s was the first jacket that made me get caught on acronym. But now I already have a j27-gt and I just can't convince myself that I need 2 black goretex jackets with the same aesthetics.

I'd say grab the J1A!  That and the J27 don't look similar at all, imo.  The J27 looks simple and unassuming--a shell that anyone could make (in terms of look).  The J1A is truly unique and distinctly ACR.

Edited by piece keeper

so thinking about grabbing the raf green J46-S in small on grailed. does someone here have the green / can anyone comment on its looks IRL?

It's pretty discounted... but none of my acr gear is in full black and I'm wondering if I should just get one of the gore-tex shells next time one crops up

I mean I like the brutal design of NG3 but I do not understand the hype, it looks awesome on still photos but after seeing this I am no longer after it, because I use NGs while moving mostly and the sound and movement of the zipper pull right on my nose crashes the tough look and looks silly.

Any owners can confirm?

(would love if the zipper was asymetrical and had a bigger garage to keep the zipper pull in place

Could you please check that link for us danii? Doesn't seem to work (potentially the account it private).

I really wish it wasn't the metal zip. I really wish it was camlocked and WR. But what can you do? There's only 1 version and that's the zip it has. If there was another on the market with a better zip I'd be all over it but what options do you have.

Could you please check that link for us danii? Doesn't seem to work (potentially the account it private).

I really wish it wasn't the metal zip. I really wish it was camlocked and WR. But what can you do? There's only 1 version and that's the zip it has. If there was another on the market with a better zip I'd be all over it but what options do you have.

I've handled the gaiter and it is remarkable in its design and execution. The multiple ways of wearing the gaiter is possible because of that very same heavy metal zipper; whose weight holds it in place when worn as a shawl-like collar. A design this pure and simple is something all designers aspire to but seldom reach. 

seems like private account and I can't DL it. basically there is guy walking with closed zipper and the zipper pull is moving every step he makes, making noise.