Acronym.

Westbrook

Just received my 3a-3ts shiny black edition, I was a little worried about it looking garish in person but it pretty much perfect

ZoVHFgV.jpg

I want to pick up a 3a-wk3 and some 3a-mp2ts to trick it out but I havent seen any for sale in years, anyone in the know of a restock or something? I also picked up the 3ae1s which I'm gonna try and velcro onto the front I think (most expensive pencil case i've ever bought) 

What's annoying about them?  The fact that the zips don't lay flush/flat, or that they're there in the first place, or something else?  There are some ACR pieces without gravity pockets, but I honestly love 'em and the ones without them are my least favorite :x

Probably a combination of the three.

My initial reaction would be to say, "[...] that they're there at all." But, I feel it's a function I could learn to "like" and, ultimately, you get what you pay for. (i.e. you knew they were there when you bought the jacket.)

Right now, it's the fact they get caught on seatbelt and shoulder straps for bags and pretty much everything else I can imagine, that irritates me the most. Unfortunately, I love the way the jacket fits and looks. 

Bummer.  I haven't found that mine gets caught on stuff all that often, but I do agree that them not laying flush is sometimes an annoyance, but one I can get over.  But if you really don't plan to use them, maybe you can remove the puller?  And actually if you did want to use em you could still access through the inside. 

I love gravity pockets because I generally dislike stuff in my pants pockets (my thighs are big so front pockets are uncomfortable; back pockets are uncomfortable when sitting) so the gravity pockets are very welcome for stuff like my wallet (perfect for my NFC transit card that I can tap without removing) and car keys (huge, bulky remote thing that bulges if I put it anywhere else) for super quick access.

Anybody of you use their 6TS on a bike actually?

I've got it to replace one of my old messenger bags, that is slowly falling apart, but it seems like the bag wasn't really made to actually be used as such. Just the fact, that you can't seem to fasten the strap (maybe I'm just too stupid?) with one hand is a major turnoff.

GUh. After ordering some p15-s in size M from Union LA on Saturday, they just got back to me to say they're out of stock. Pretty sure the just sold 'em in store. If anyone has any leads on a size M, either fabric or color PM me.

I've got it to replace one of my old messenger bags, that is slowly falling apart, but it seems like the bag wasn't really made to actually be used as such. Just the fact, that you can't seem to fasten the strap (maybe I'm just too stupid?) with one hand is a major turnoff.

Why can't you fasten the strap with one hand? Are you talking about the stabilizer strap? Yes the messenger bags were tested on actual messengers.

Why can't you fasten the strap with one hand? Are you talking about the stabilizer strap? Yes the messenger bags were tested on actual messengers.

What messengers are using Acronym? Links? Pics?! Maybe a bagjack bag you mean?

I love Acronym and all, but anyone who is messing with a 1000+ dollar tactical fashion bag needs their head examined, has their fixie-lifestyle supplemented, or both.

Edited by exhaust fumes

It's a little large, I would say a 5/8ts or 3a are more suitable. I use my 6ts for traveling.

the camlock zippers are the best solution, having ordinary zipperpulls will be with ANNOYINGNOISæ®

however you can always:

-get rid of the top zipper pull (if you are brave enough to customize your 700EUR+ jacket), I think that just one zipper pull will be enough. 

-customize http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:318406 to cover both pulls and therefore block them from moving

Edited by danii

I have the shemagh. It's... Delicate. I haven't like destroyed it but it should def be reserved for mundane activities or chillin

If I have one real big gripe, it's that the screen printing on the bag just rubs right off with almost no pressure. I'll take some pics later this week

Considering my first acr bags set, LAMINAT 3a-1 to work with interlop jackets as daily use or biking bag,maybe. Choosing 3a-6ts as a business trip bag (up to 6 days, might be tough weather for there might be the solar enegy stations in highland China). Having the experience with the codura materials messanger bag before,light and tough,and goes fuzzy with time. Anyone has the expericen with the foil material? from description,it might be Freitag alike material from the trucks covering cloth? and, bit confusing, can a 6ts work in bagpack (rotation 90°,see this way of usage in 5ts) . Cheers!

Considering my first acr bags set, LAMINAT 3a-1 to work with interlop jackets as daily use or biking bag,maybe. Choosing 3a-6ts as a business trip bag (up to 6 days, might be tough weather for there might be the solar enegy stations in highland China). Having the experience with the codura materials messanger bag before,light and tough,and goes fuzzy with time. Anyone has the expericen with the foil material? from description,it might be Freitag alike material from the trucks covering cloth? and, bit confusing, can a 6ts work in bagpack (rotation 90°,see this way of usage in 5ts) . Cheers!

7813ca35ac_w710.jpg

The Foil material is nothing like Freitag's tarp. It is X-PAC competition sailcloth derived. These bags are nothing like the usual cordura messengers bags where it might be durable but not luxurious. All Acronym bags are not only functional but pleasurably tactile. They stand up to abuse and get better with age.    

Can anyone with any of the cashmere stuff do some reviews for it? Would love to try it, but need more fit pics/actual usage reports before investing that much. Thanks in advance

I have the KR-NG2 Cashmere Neck Gaiter and I use it extensively. The neck gaiter is holding together much better than the KR-SM1 Shemagh. The Shemagh often leaves little puffs of black cashmere on my 5 o'clock shadow. The Neck Gaiter has been solid so far. Also, this may not be important for some, but I personally like Acronym branding and I'm happy to say that the white print on the outside has not cracked or peeled after a couple years of use.

Also, this may not be important for some, but I personally like Acronym branding and I'm happy to say that the white print on the outside has not cracked or peeled after a couple years of use.

Also for, anyone who doesn't like the branding, you may remove the internal tag and use the reverse side 

anyone know the customs amount on the foil bags? specifically the 3A-1 to the US if anyone's got it. if not, all good.

UPS charged a hair under $100 for a 3A-3TS-BLK and one of the little -E1-S'. If it goes with the same carrier, it'll probably be right around that-

can anyone link me to that acronym archive (acrchive?) website? I can't find it. I'm thinking of buying a E-J4TS, anyone recommend it? Slightly put off that it's not goretex, but it looks pretty resilient all the same.

I like how unassuming this particular jacket looks, but then there's all those pockets and spaces underneath it.