Acronym.

Westbrook

it could be dyed, don't know what colour change you are looking for but note that the thread is probably syntetic therefore it might not dye at all or have different hue compared to newly dyed fabric. If your black is faded and you want to renew it, than go for it. If you spit whitener on your garment, you are screwed, because it will be always visible.

I would recommend rit, they have cold water dye.

Can any J41 owners confirm that the fit is as large as the measurement suggest, looking for looseness you see ?

Also GT-J5A is that also a loose fit esp when the expansion panel is installed ?

look forward to hearing the advice.

It's a really big fit pretty much everywhere. The long sleeve length that acr usually runs means that you could probably size down and get it more normally fitting. I wear mine with it cinched at the waist so it doesn't just look like I'm wearing a giant black dentist coat. The lack of hood and tall collar kind of makes it a bit shit for me as I have long hair but I love the jacket itself.

Can any J41 owners confirm that the fit is as large as the measurement suggest, looking for looseness you see ?

Also GT-J5A is that also a loose fit esp when the expansion panel is installed ?

look forward to hearing the advice.

J5A is indeed very roomy when the expansion panel is fitted - that's the point! I can layer a heavy softshell like a TADgear fleece underneath and can still move quite freely.

Can anyone clarify the sizing again for the J1A-LP? 

Looking to cop a Large and comparing the size chart to my Medium J47A it looks like its smaller everywhere but the chest. Can I trust ACRNM measurements and will the different in chest make a big difference? Or can I mitigate the sizing with layering? 

Edit: For ref I'm 5'10 and around 145 

Edited by callmeq

Can anyone clarify the sizing again for the J1A-LP?

Looking to cop a Large and comparing the size chart to my Medium J47A it looks like its smaller everywhere but the chest. Can I trust ACRNM measurements and will the different in chest make a big difference? Or can I mitigate the sizing with layering?

Edit: For ref I'm 5'10 and around 145

Actually its up to your preferrence. I'm 180 cm and 70kg and all jackets without hoods say s-j7,HY-j3s are m. In office I wear them with shirts or cashmere in winter, kind of "sharp" ,maybe.

I got my J1a lp in size l, kind happy to be "whatever" .so baggy or layering is fine. (Some uniqlos ultra light down jacket as inner shell. And the j1a it's not like j54 lp, baggy space could works with 3rd and so.

I'm looking to get a J47-GT, but am confused about sizing. The Acronym website lists the 1/2 chest at 61cm(24inches) for a medium, which seems quite big. For reference I have a size L North Face jacket that measures 23 inches pit-to-pit laid flat, and I had a seller tell me that his size M J47-GT was actually 20.75" pit-to-pit, which is around what I would expect. But the same guy said that Errolson's measurements are never wrong, so I'm not sure what to believe. 

I'm not a small dude (5'11" 210lbs, 44" chest, 34" waist) so I'd be surprised if I fit a medium anything, but if the website measurement of 61cm is accurate, it should work. I've shot an inquiry to acrnm, but until they reply can any actual owners enlighten me? I'm not too worried about layering, as long as I can zip it up without looking like an overstuffed sausage I'll be happy.

Edited by ezsupertalk

I have a J47 in Large. Pit-to-pit *at the underarm gussets* on is a tick over 25", which equates to the factory's stated 64cm. It's a bit narrower lower down along the torso.

My chest varies between 43" and 45", depending on season and beer intake. I float a bit in the J47 over just a shirt. With a medium-weight fleece layer added, I can just feel pit-cinch, and I no longer look like a starving busker in a seed sack.

I think you might need a Large.

I have a J47 in Large. Pit-to-pit *at the underarm gussets* on is a tick over 25", which equates to the factory's stated 64cm. It's a bit narrower lower down along the torso.

My chest varies between 43" and 45", depending on season and beer intake. I float a bit in the J47 over just a shirt. With a medium-weight fleece layer added, I can just feel pit-cinch, and I no longer look like a starving busker in a seed sack.

I think you might need a Large.

Thanks for the insight. Very helpful. So an M would probably be pretty fitted at the very least. Maybe I should get around to losing that 10-15lbs that I've been meaning to.