Acronym.

Westbrook

just got the 3a-1 bag and it's great. one thing i was surprised about was a small it is length wise. i have a 13" macbook pro that i carry in the bag and it feels a bit tight when putting it in the bag. i think someone said that a 15" fits in there, but i would imagine that it would be a pain in the ass.

So my NG3 arrived in the post today. The weight of the zip is lovely and helps the gaiter drape beautifully. So many wearable options, it folds really nicely when zipped into a cozy roll neck as well, or opens out into a large pair of flappy collars, neither of which are on the fit pics. Here's a quick one i snapped at work.

2i93y9z.jpg

So good

for all of my berlin heads: http://www.beinghunted.com/futura-60th-berlin/

ACRONYM® has provided a small number of their yet to be released J1A-GT jacket – an updated version of the legendary first ACRONYM® piece from 2002 – as well as a limited amount of the 3A-9TS bag. Each item will be customized/painted by FUTURA and available for purchase.*

They run a very tight ship, and don't have the traditional "departments"(customer service, PR, marketing, etc.) like most other companies.  Michaela and Errolson do a lot of stuff themselves, including responding to communique, of which they probably get hundreds of per day.  As you can imagine, handling that is a full-time job in itself, but they're running a company on top of that, so don't get too frustrated.  Try again, or try contacting bagjack as they produce the bags.

Has anyone had trouble contacting acrnm or errolson? Sent an email to the archive page address, an Instagram DM, and a tweet. Or is my inquiry for a replacement quick release tab for a 3a-3ts not a valid concern that can be fulfilled?

They always got back to me even over the most neurotic questions around jacket functionality in the past so I'm sure they'll come back to you eventually. They do seem a little bit slower of late I've noticed though - I ripped my J47A and sent a repairs enquiry I'm curious on. Errolson etc are so prolific at the moment though that I expect they're snowed under! The service and respect for customers that support them has always been great which is part of the reason I continue to buy.

They run a very tight ship, and don't have the traditional "departments"(customer service, PR, marketing, etc.) like most other companies.  Michaela and Errolson do a lot of stuff themselves, including responding to communique, of which they probably get hundreds of per day.  As you can imagine, handling that is a full-time job in itself, but they're running a company on top of that, so don't get too frustrated.  Try again, or try contacting bagjack as they produce the bags.

That's not an excuse to not support your customers. As a company grows in size and gets more customers they have to be prepared to invest some of that money in support staff. Being a small company isn't an excuse; it's time to grow.

did i miss out on the J50-WS forever? looks like its sold out everywhere

there might be a few in stock online still but in the more unconventional sizes. just copped 1-2 weeks ago. jp stockists definitely have some in stock but marked up pretty high. theres some j50-ws j51-ws posted in community sales every now and then too.

Edited by aetherbeast

That's not an excuse to not support your customers. As a company grows in size and gets more customers they have to be prepared to invest some of that money in support staff. Being a small company isn't an excuse; it's time to grow.

I half agree with that.  It depends if said company wants to grow.  There are certain pros and cons to small/big companies, and not every company wants to grow.  Some like being small, and perhaps public perception is that they're "growing" simply because they're getting more popular, but the company itself may not have intentionally tried to grow at all.  Should such a company be forced to "grow" because more people are flocking to them?  Probably not.  That's one of the beauties of a small, privately owned company: you can chart your own course instead of being at the behest of a board/shareholders.  The idea that a company should grow indefinitely is a problem with American capitalism; but I digress.  Does Acronym want to grow?  I don't know (I don't keep up with all their interviews, etc. so if he's mentioned it one way or another I have no clue).

But I do agree with you, that if their aim is to grow, they should absolutely be adding support staff accordingly.

I half agree with that.  It depends if said company wants to grow.  There are certain pros and cons to small/big companies, and not every company wants to grow.  Some like being small, and perhaps public perception is that they're "growing" simply because they're getting more popular, but the company itself may not have intentionally tried to grow at all.  Should such a company be forced to "grow" because more people are flocking to them?  Probably not.  That's one of the beauties of a small, privately owned company: you can chart your own course instead of being at the behest of a board/shareholders.  The idea that a company should grow indefinitely is a problem with American capitalism; but I digress.  Does Acronym want to grow?  I don't know (I don't keep up with all their interviews, etc. so if he's mentioned it one way or another I have no clue).

But I do agree with you, that if their aim is to grow, they should absolutely be adding support staff accordingly.

I can't imagine that's the case given the amount of stockists that currently carry Acronym and the high profile collaborations with Nike that have occurred fairly recently. I think you've overthought the situation. 

How are their bags for biking? Backpacks leave my back to sweaty and most bags I sling over one shoulder end up being jolted off my back and end up hanging down from my front and get in the way. Maybe not all but certain models of theirs is theirs are good for biking.

How are their bags for biking? Backpacks leave my back to sweaty and most bags I sling over one shoulder end up being jolted off my back and end up hanging down from my front and get in the way. Maybe not all but certain models of theirs is theirs are good for biking.

I've had a 3A-8TS for about four year and it has been great for biking and general use. I lean way forward on the bike and it pretty much just sits on my back where I put it. If I was doing an extra-long ride I would use the connector strap to secure it in place, but I've never actually felt the need to do so before. It's good to have the option though.

As for heat, it's no better or worse than any other bag. I can't imagine there being a good solution to that. If something is pressed against your skin when you're hot then you're going to sweat.