Acronym.

Westbrook

Can anyone post a fit pic of the J51 layered under a shell? Can't imagine how the hood would sit over the collar of something like the J47

While we're at it, does someone mind snapping a pic of a "sized up" J51? I know people are annoyed with the sizing questions so, if you'd prefer to do so via PM, please shoot one my way.

First, this isn't the Acronym Sales thread. Second, there's this website you may have heard of called Ebay. Might be worth checking on there before asking on here...

Black, your size: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Acronym-x-Nike-Air-Force-1-Low-Lunar-QS-Black-White-7-5-8-US-Lab-Zip-/151821019909?var=&hash=item23593ceb05:m:mIdy0DphO-1twXZu4QcNj6g

Anyone own a J41 and have any opinions?  Read a few initial thoughts from a few pages back when it was released, but haven't heard any "post" impressions/reviews.  Kind of infatuated with it right now, but wondering if it's just the novelty of it.  Has the novelty worn off for you owners, or do you still love it (or hate it) and why?  Bonus points for fit pics :)

Any early verdicts on the shoes so far (aside from you ballers who picked up samples months ago)? Anybody's mind changed yet? I'm still not inclined to pick them up but it's interesting to see pics from the 'real' world:

I ended up with the black suede ones after sending back the white canvas ones - my thought was what kind of fucking opportunity was it to get a pair of suede LF1s and I was right - they're great on that basis alone, it's like instant break-in.  The zipper is sort of incidental but pretty compatible with the ACR aesthetic in that you you can set the tension as dialed in as you want and just kind of leave it, so I don't mind

some dude at work was trying to clown me on the zipper asking what kind of shoe they were.  i schooled him on the history of the AF1 and he was all meek as shit.  straight IT gangsta style

Anyone own a J41 and have any opinions?  Read a few initial thoughts from a few pages back when it was released, but haven't heard any "post" impressions/reviews.  Kind of infatuated with it right now, but wondering if it's just the novelty of it.  Has the novelty worn off for you owners, or do you still love it (or hate it) and why?  Bonus points for fit pics :)

i have the j41. i like it, but i will say that of the acronym jackets i have, i reach for this one a bit less than the others. primarily due to the fact that it always comes up in discussions when i wear it to work "oh, what's up with the zip in the back" - "it looks like a wet suit" - blah blah blah. 

i like it because i don't have anything else like it and it's pretty unique. the slanted chest pockets are great and the zip is pretty awesome too; though zipping it up initially is a bit of a pain some times. i have to contort my body a bit to see the zip and lock it in place. i did meet someone who works at north face and he immediately recognized the jacket and asked to see it. he said it was the coolest jacket ever. ha.

does anyone have experience with the J51-WS and the J46-S? deciding between either one for the winter.

i have the j46-s, but i haven't had a chance to wear it b/c it's not that cold here yet [sf]. not sure where you live, but i would imagine that it would be a really good coat for around 35-40 degrees. anything colder might be too cold or you would need to layer underneath it. i really like the cut of it and my favorite part is the ability to use the snaps for a number of different configurations. the j47-a also has the chest snap which is how i usually wear the jacket most often. 

the fabric is nice too. it feels insulated, it's comfortable, and warm. i would say that the coat fits true to size. 

on a side note, had a j50 on my way, but the shop sent me the wrong package and sent the jacket to someone else, which sucks. hopefully they'll get it back and send it to me. 

DISCLAIMER:

This is hate/love upgrade based on the personal styling preference.

INTRO:

I have probably spend so much time hanging out on streets and aggressive inline skating that I cannot wear my pants the adult way. So all my pants worn with oversized waist placed on the hips area. Fortunatelly my job does not require any formal clothing (in fact we were told that the more edgy we dress the better) so I spend all my days in dropped crotch pants/shorts.

This with a combination of the fact that I am quite short (<165cm) and not skinny makes choosing right size of bottoms hard for me. With jeans I used to go with 34 which equals size L ACRONYM. But size L is designed for much taller guys than I am, rendering desired baggy and tappered look.

For AW1516 I picked the awesome P10A-CH in size L. I love the radical design of the pockets, My girlfriend was not really into them and commented the look this way: "You look like a anime character" which is the best complimet I ever got:) The pants are longer for my build and when worn for a while the legs fall down a bit and I do not like it. I prefer the tappered fit for couple of years now on so I decided to customize the pants with a feature inspired by the JACKETSLINGæ.

GO:

â–³ P10A-CH INSIDE OUT WITH THE PANTSWINGæ

Basicaly what I did is that there is rubber band sewn to the inside lower leg seams and a triglide buckle for adjusting. The rubber band allows for unrestricted movement as intended and fit as desired.

2.jpg

â–³ PANTSSWINGæ DETAIL

â–³ PANTSSWINGæ ON

[/w LF1-ACR116, HPBB waistbag, JE+CO mesh hooded]

â–³ PANTSSWINGæ OFF

Notice the fit difference.

5.jpg

â–³ PANTSSWINGæ [NOT REMOVABLE]

Pants sling is next level stuff.  :ph34r: very creative.

Edited by zer0cool

That's the good part about it. w/o it I kept on pulling the lower part up and up as it dropped lower and lower during walking. Looking at the on/off pictures the difference is not that significant copared to the real life.

In the first version the end part of the longer rubber band tickled my leg, this version has shorter rubber bands and there is simple holder so it's stuck to the second rubber band.

Works with running too.

piece keeper: That's what my gf told me. But on the other hand not modifing the pants and be unhappy with the fit would be bigger waste. The rubber bands are sewn to the inner seams so you can't see any modifications on the outside.

cronuteh: Yeah, I had so much fun skating, seems like you know what I am talking about. But this is not the treak about rollerblading, but we can ressurect the Rollerblading one!

hooper: Check "Rolling" that's way better and pro endorsed, with nicer logo:D

Edited by danii