Acronym.

Westbrook

It's halfway thru and they barely talk about it, not worth the listen. Just basically say they bumped up the sale by a few months from what the timeframe was originally supposed to be but it's entirely speculation after that as to any reasons why...

It's not just u, my pair does that too. The spot where they join the leather and the material in the back is directly beneath my ankle bone, and the way they're joined causes a raised area that scrapes the shit out of you. Very annoying...

As long as you wear socks it's ok, but seems like an incredibly poor design decision. The way the zipper is located and bends when your foot is in it require two hands to push it together and sometimes it catches on a small spot of leather beneath the lower half of the zipper. For such a nice shoe, these details start to ruin it. I'm wondering if they were rushed a bit more than the typical acronym product, as far as moving from initial design to finished product.

Outside of that, they obviously are very eye catching (white/red) and I get tons of comments and questions. They have their time and place.

Really glad to hear it's not just me on that. Debating selling over that, but w/ socks that cover the anklebone I'm okay, so I'm torn. They're cool besides that.

Edited by rjbman

_open the long velcro that is on the end of the sleeve and attach it so the whole soft velcro part is exposed

_pull sleeve up

_open the sleeve tab and connect the rough velcro (on the tab) with the soft velcro (end of the sleeve)

{hope it makes sense}

Edited by danii

Can anyone comment on the sizing of GT J18 coat? I am 186 cm tall (6 ft 1 in) and not sure if an L would fit me well.

update: I've been comparing the official sizing of the coat with my coats and the only thing which is hugely off are the sleeves. The chart says they are 95 cm in L size which is 20 cm longer than all of my coats/parkas, is there any mystery behind that?

Edited by matttt

Can anyone comment on the sizing of GT J18 coat? I am 186 cm tall (6 ft 1 in) and not sure if an L would fit me well.

update: I've been comparing the official sizing of the coat with my coats and the only thing which is hugely off are the sleeves. The chart says they are 95 cm in L size which is 20 cm longer than all of my coats/parkas, is there any mystery behind that?

Did they include the shoulder?

post editor is complete shit right now – please excuse double post.

- - - - - - 

anyone pick up the j46? measurements seem pretty weird.

the 1/2 chest is bigger than any ACR jacket i've seen. i figure it's due to the insulation making the external 1/2 chest (i.e., pit-to-pit) wider, but wanted to check with folks who actually received the jacket.

did you size down? or true/normal size? i usually go 1 size up from errolson for semi baggy fit (a la: http://www.digital-mountain.net/shopdetail/000000004147/133/O/page1/order/), but want to confirm before blowing money on that size.

thanks

The given measurements should be for internal figures, not external. i.e., the measurement from pit-to-pit across the inside of the jacket. 

Measurements aren't internal for j46. They're external

Edited by mago_san_2d_god

Are Acronym's measurements for other clothes internal? I never checked since it's pretty much tts for me but from my experience, retailers who give out measurements measure the external of the item, never the internal. 

in my experience it's always been external, but that's virtually the same as internal for ACR since most items are shells or very thin pieces. 

agreed that most everyone else measures external though (disclaimer: i've never bought an insulator)

I also got to try the J51-WS felt the need to size up to xl. L felt tight everywhere especially p2p and shoulders. That jacket felt really soft, light, but warm. Not too puffy either. I'm considering of buying it hopefully later this winter.

Like most people I sized up too. Definitely worth picking up as it's a nice piece of extra warmth to layer under the j47.

What size do you wear the p15s in?

Edited by zer0cool

why do people never show their faces ?

:)

( mr merrick excluded, but even then... )

serious, slightly derail-y answer: it would be distracting. people react strongly to faces, but posting a fit is all about the combination of clothes. in a sense, it's the opposite of a commercial shot where you take a very attractive model to make the fit look good.