Acronym.

Westbrook

as i interpret it, the j47-a is a hardshell and doesn't fit super snug allowing for layering. the idea is to be able to wear it over something like a j50 or a j48 so you're warm and protected from the elements. or i'm probably drinking too much koolaid.

That's how and why I wear my J32 + either DS-HD2 or Icebreaker merino hoodie, depending on conditions. Shell over insulating layer. More or less late October to early April.

If you've sized correctly/fortunately, the shell should have enough slop under the pits and along the arms and torso to accommodate some sort of fluffy intermediate layer without making you look like a bloated corpse. I'd think it'd be hardshell design doctrine, industry-wide.

c1697274f7_w685.jpg

does anyone know where to find this belt...?

I think it's perfect for any p10.

I've got one, due to the low rise on the p10, unless you're tucking in your shirt the top of the buckle hits your skin when you sit because it is pretty tall.  I've found it more comfortable on the p14 due to the higher rise.  Haven't tried it on my p9, yet but suspect it would be the same case as the p10.

To anyone that owns an acronym 3a-1, is it big enough to fit textbooks, binders, notebooks, etc? Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, fits all but probably not together.

Thanks for the tip guys. Trying to decide between the 3a-1 and 3a-5ts... I like the 3a-1 design better.  I was worried that the main opening of the 3a-1 wouldn't accommodate for notebooks and folders. But given your input looks like I will be able to work with the 3a-1.

Heads up Acronym restocked size medium J47-GT. There were two left when I purchased mine so there should be one left.

Edited by Grimes

If you don't mind going the brandless route, there's plenty of Cobra belt's for 1/2 the price. AFAIK, everyone uses the same Austrialpin buckle. Ordered 3 from here: http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/tactical-belts.html

FWIW, I've got 2 belts from there and 2 from Bagjack, with both Cobra and GT buckles. The ones from Body Armour are flimsy, pretty much just a strip of nylon webbing with buckles, whereas the Bagjack ones are far more sturdier and thus more comfortable.

FWIW, I've got 2 belts from there and 2 from Bagjack, with both Cobra and GT buckles. The ones from Body Armour are flimsy, pretty much just a strip of nylon webbing with buckles, whereas the Bagjack ones are far more sturdier and thus more comfortable.

It's the same buckle. 

Thanks for the tip guys. Trying to decide between the 3a-1 and 3a-5ts... I like the 3a-1 design better.  I was worried that the main opening of the 3a-1 wouldn't accommodate for notebooks and folders. But given your input looks like I will be able to work with the 3a-1.

Heads up Acronym restocked size medium J47-GT. There were two left when I purchased mine so there should be one left.

3A-1 is fine for anything other less than 15" MBP (which does fit, but it wears out the corners)

anything else more then get 5TS