Acronym.

Westbrook

got my J47a-GT last night and Hooo boy is it a thing of beauty!

Got an M and it fits perfectly, with enough room an under layer but looks good without one.

For reference I'm 5'-10.5" 180.

OOOO Boy  :biggrin:  you got me excited. I ordered an M in the J47a-GT too and can't wait to get it. Hopefully, the fit will be on point like yours. I'm 5'10 and 166 though.

post editor is complete shit right now – please excuse double post.

- - - - - - 

anyone pick up the j46? measurements seem pretty weird.

the 1/2 chest is bigger than any ACR jacket i've seen. i figure it's due to the insulation making the external 1/2 chest (i.e., pit-to-pit) wider, but wanted to check with folks who actually received the jacket.

did you size down? or true/normal size? i usually go 1 size up from errolson for semi baggy fit (a la: http://www.digital-mountain.net/shopdetail/000000004147/133/O/page1/order/), but want to confirm before blowing money on that size.

thanks
Edited by insomnia

with the two drops I know acronym are going to busy but wondering has anyone had a shipping confirmation for the lf1 trainers?

Got my shipment yesterday. Try checking your spam folder, that's where my tracking info was

For the P10-DS what size would I go for? 180.
5-10.5. I usually wear a 33-34 in most pants. I've read L but doubling the 1/2 waist measurement comes out to 36 which might be loose. I do bike and run so not chicken legged so maybe it's a theigh thing?

Edited by Bigyen

nope never got one yesterday, been checking my junk folder as that is where my purchase order landed.

maybe tomorrow ...

I'm hoping that it'll just arrive without any prior notice. Kind of beginning to rue ordering straight vs. picking it up in Mr Porter. Terrible excitement and long moments of silence don't mix well.

Get the impression they were a bit overwhelmed by orders this time. I've received one pair now but ordered another colour shortly after and no shipping conf on that one. Both ordered a few mins after they went live on the site. My experience with ACRNM direct orders is that they're normally like clockwork so it's probably just congested due to extra demand (the Nikes).

I decided to get my jackets from End this time so as I could have them next day plus their prices didn't seem to be higher than everyone else's unlike I remember in the past.

I think it's cool that a lot of this stuff seems to have sold quickly. I dithered on the J48-SS for less than a day and then totally gone in my size. I'm glad its been a successful season but I do miss the videos!

the 1/2 chest is bigger than any ACR jacket i've seen. i figure it's due to the insulation making the external 1/2 chest (i.e., pit-to-pit) wider, but wanted to check with folks who actually received the jacket.

The given measurements should be for internal figures, not external. i.e., the measurement from pit-to-pit across the inside of the jacket. 

That's a shame. Errolson only put it on his twitter a day before the event.

My thought's on the talk:

Errolson was joined by someone from Nike whose name I can't remember (Nicky?) and they both answered the hosts questions.

Going to these events you half expect the speakers to squirm because they're not used to public speaking but in this case they were all well rehearsed and clear. Some of the answers to the questions were similar to ones in a previous interview about the shoes.

Here are some interesting points they made (some paraphrasing):

-Composing the zip on the shoe they wanted to give it a "forward momentum" whilst still making it instantly recognizable. I think they said they put the vac tech unit on the heel to balance it out.

-Unlike Nike, Acronym doesn't use mood boards. Their take on fashion is based on motion and function.

-"Can't test things with drawing". I guess part of approaching the shoes like they do apparel is using what Errolson called "rapid prototyping" where they build-test-move on.

-Nikes setup is different; they have a creative director that dictates the direction and its up to the designers sense of individuality to produce a unique output. +They use mood boards.

-During development the shoe's zip was changed from plastic to metal because it couldn't withstand the pressure.

-They sent a prototype to the factory wanting a light grey suede upper but it came back white. They ended up using white leather because I think he said they thought it was better because it would counter balance the black suede ones. White leather AF1s are kind of the classics.

-With the white ones the colour of the vac tech unit was originally based off of a section of RAL's colour standard used as the german governments colour system. They originally used RAL's 'luminous red' and sent it off to nike and they came back with their 'crimson red'. Googling the two, they look very different. (The word DIL was used in regards to this but I can't remember/find out what for).

-They spent two weeks composing the colours of the black and grey ones.

-They both learnt things from each other during the colab. Things Errolson said he learned from them are quite interesting; they do crazy background checks on vendors, they consider the environmental impact when choosing materials and that they have a very direct process from idea to inception they push it through.

This suggested to me that he thought the outcome was rushed. 

I really wish they did a colourway similar to these, the AF1 'marok' :

http://sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nike-1world-air-force-1-marok-2.jpg

Was a shame they didn't open it up to questions from the audience, wanted to ask whether they played with an escape zip on the Af1s and then forgot to ask him afterwards. Worth mentioning as well, Erlsn rocked up in a pair of P17s with black tights underneath, looked nice.

post editor is complete shit right now – please excuse double post.

- - - - - - 

did you size down? or true/normal size? i usually go 1 size up from errolson for semi baggy fit (a la: http://www.digital-mountain.net/shopdetail/000000004147/133/O/page1/order/), but want to confirm before blowing money on that size.

thanks

I went with my normal size... M. I had concerns about the jacket being a little large on me going by the pics of Errolson wearing a medium on acrnm.com, since I thought it looked a little larger or puffed out on him in that size. It fits me pretty much the same way it does him in those pics. I'm 5'10", 30" waist, 40" chest, 150lbs but what sold me on the size M being the right size was where the shoulder seams and sleeves fell. I considered sizing down myself, but it sounds like you would probably be fine with a medium.

@Bigyen looks great. if it's too big/small, I'll take it off your hands... :)

also, I've been on a hunt for the acrxaf1 black pair. having no luck. can anyone point in the direction of a size 9/9.5 ?

http://shop.cncpts.com/products/nike-lunar-force-1-sp-x-acronym-black-white-black

Edit: hope you got a pair in your size.

2nd edit: Your size was still available when I posted the link.

Edited by Flipflop214