Acronym.

Westbrook

Not a fit pic, but: For any other J32 owner/users who've been staring at the J47 and wondering, I just laid both coats flat, overlapped. Size L, both.

Exact same pit-to- pit. Exact same hem-to-shoulder. Quite a bit more collar on the J47, and a bit more hood, by the looks of it. Sleeves roughly the same. Cloths look identical.

Verdict: Very similar coats, to the eye, but optimized for dissimilar missions. J32 is for spontaneous raids. "It's raining, and I need milk and opiates." J47, with its added two-story napoleon pocket and hem-relief zip, is the deliberate urban patrol version. Street photographer's coat.

Deliriously happy to have both.

Glad that you already did this comparison as I am awaiting my J47A and currently have a J32. Does it have a similar fit as the "KG fit block" that the J32 is constructed with? Also excited to layer the J50 with my J40-CH. I've been waiting for something to layer under it that does not have a high collar and is not down (I guess I could have settled with any synthetic bomber). 

Verdict: Very similar coats, to the eye, but optimized for dissimilar missions. J32 is for spontaneous raids. "It's raining, and I need milk and opiates." J47, with its added two-story napoleon pocket and hem-relief zip, is the deliberate urban patrol version. Street photographer's coat.

haha fuckin' mallninjas*

*I bought both insulated jackets (j50/j55 neoprene weirdness) because fuckyeah insulators.

Edited by po_boy_fuuma_hatesbürgerz

Go for XL. You should be worried about the length instead of the waist.

I was looking forward for a black this season . Not really liking the "night" color. Kinda looks bluish

So the clock is ticking on my chances. 

I can get the Large p15-ch from Scotland or an XL p15-s from america.. Can anyone support what JoseRizal is saying about the XL on a 33' waist if I'm 6'2. Sorry Jose to doubt more of just making sure considering by the time its shipped the Large will be sold and the price. Also will Bodega charge me import taxes? I've just found a large p15-s from america so now i actually have the choice of L/XL In the p15-s.

In my original post is that p15-ch or p15-s? Because the drawstring seems to be dark as well as the trousers but the p15-s seem to always have an olive belt.

acronym-fall-winter-collection-2.jpg

Does it have a similar fit as the "KG fit block" that the J32 is constructed with?

My eyes and armpits say yes. I just went over both coats again, inside & out. Some of the seam angles on the J47's torso either copy or echo the J32. Pits on the J47 are gusseted, way more complicated construction. The J47 sleeves seem to be a violent redesign, construction-wise, but on me, they behave like the J32's sleeves.

Laid flat, overlapped, the coats have the exact same silhouette through the torso from the collar down. On me, the drapes and the arm flexibilities are much the same.

They're definitely of a feather.

Been reading this thread for ages so thought I'd finally sign up whilst I have the post-purchase high. Found I'm able to layer the WS-51 on top of something like C1-BR and then the J47A-GT on top of both which should be a decent amount of warmth for the colder months. Bit worried about the sizing of the Lunar AF1s now so I've gone with the smaller end and crossing my fingers they'll work out on arrival. Luckily the EU Nike store seems to still be restocking random sizes every so often.

Been reading this thread for ages so thought I'd finally sign up whilst I have the post-purchase high. Found I'm able to layer the WS-51 on top of something like C1-BR and then the J47A-GT on top of both which should be a decent amount of warmth for the colder months. Bit worried about the sizing of the Lunar AF1s now so I've gone with the smaller end and crossing my fingers they'll work out on arrival. Luckily the EU Nike store seems to still be restocking random sizes every so often.

That's some sick layering buddy and congrats on the first post. I just joined sufu recently and bought my first acronym piece this week.

Question: Are the ws-51 and j47a-gt the same size? I am thinking hard of picking up the j57a-gt to layer on top of my J50-WS.

As for the lunar AF1s, if you went down .5 size you should be fine.

That's some sick layering buddy and congrats on the first post. I just joined sufu recently and bought my first acronym piece this week.

Question: Are the ws-51 and j47a-gt the same size? I am thinking hard of picking up the j57a-gt to layer on top of my J50-WS.

As for the lunar AF1s, if you went down .5 size you should be fine.

Thanks! Did you mean are the J50 and J51 the same size? If so it says in the notes the J51 is cut wider so J50 should be fine to layer under J47A based on my experience. Or if you meant the sizes I got - it was a medium in both so yes, the same. The J47 is slightly bigger I guess as it layers on top comfortably.

Fit pics of some things http://www.digital-mountain.net/shopbrand/133/O/

Ignore the obvious old stuff still tagged 'new.' Still want that j-41 gt though. 

JP sites are usually good in this regard, but it says the guy is 5'6 140 lbs and wearing a medium J47A.  Being 5'7, 135 that looks more like how my smalls fit.

Also picked up a 3A-1 Left. Not enamored with the cloth, would have preferred Polyant, but it's a *left!*

The way this thing hangs over the small of my back, and stays there. Keeper.

Pro Tip from a friend.who's been bimbling around with a 3A-1 for a decade: Put your rain shell in the large outer pocket, not in the main compartment. Presuming an otherwise empty or lightly-loaded bag, it'll conform to your back far more than if your raincoat was in the main hangar. Tried it. He's right.

I'm 6'1", 164...usually wear 31s, true waist around 34.5in depending on daily beer intake.

Got a Medium, waist is similar to a Small in the P9-chs I have. I thought I saw someone looking for thigh measurements: around 11.5in stretched. They're still a bit loose in the waist, but ACR smalls are always way too short and mediums WAY too big.

....holla if anyone has any other ?'s

Not recent but this is from last years P15-S I am 5'10 and that's a sz L for sizing reference. (I think the cut and measurements are the same)

FWIW, I am also 5'10". I am 150lbs with a 30" waist and I ordered the P15-S in size S. Perhaps it's because I'm new to the ultra-wide, drop-crotch ACR pants, but even the S was waaaaay too big in the waist and there was way too much fabric in the leg for me. Looked way baggier and excessive than your P15-S from last year. I'm returning them unfortunately.

FWIW, I am also 5'10". I am 150lbs with a 30" waist and I ordered the P15-S in size S. Perhaps it's because I'm new to the ultra-wide, drop-crotch ACR pants, but even the S was waaaaay too big in the waist and there was way too much fabric in the leg for me. Looked way baggier and excessive than your P15-S from last year. I'm returning them unfortunately.

Besides the bagginess, what do you think about the length of the pant in size S for your height? Feedback highly appreciated. As sypron mentioned a few posts ago, sizing up leads to even more bulk and therefore I also decided to go for the size S, but ending up like the END fit pictures is no option.