Acronym.

Westbrook

loving the description of the j47a-gt.

lifted from acrnm

COBB: We need you there to tailor compounds to our particular requirements.

YUSUF: Which are?

COBB: Great depth.

YUSUF: A pocket within a pocket? Two levels?

COBB: Three.

YUSUF: Not possible. That many pockets within pockets would be too unstable.

COBB: I've done it before. You just have to add a sedative.

YUSUF: A powerful sedative.

also a 360° - take back what I said previously about the ui of the site, using it more on my mac and really like it.

"Thank you for your interest in Acronym. Unfortunately your recent order for the J47A-GT was made at virtually the same time as another customer ordering the same item. We are legally required to fulfill whichever order comes first within our system and we are very sorry to have to inform you that we are now sold out of that item. We will of course proceed to issue a full reimbursement of your payment shortly.

Again, we apologize for the confusion. "

:sad:

What Are my chances of snagging an M from Hypebeast, they're not an authorized dealer...

What's the deal with jacketsling on the outside? 

The j47 is nice, a bit more practical than my j43. I think the j43 still looks way cooler though.

from what i know, this season's jacketslings can be mounted inside or outside the jacket (as with the GT-J28 a few years ago). the exterior mount configuration reduces the amount of of time the interior (potentially a gore membrane) of the jacket is exposed to the elements. also, it would allow access to the jacket pockets when slinged, but with the introduction of jacketsling compatible pockets, that's not really an issue anymore.

What is the difference between -DS and -SS?  I know they are both Schoeller dryskin but it seems like one is WB-400 and one is not?  

Also is -DS more or less breathable than -CH?

edit: not that it really matters, because I lack impulse control and snagged that P-10DS off end.

Edited by Stacks

schoeller designations are confusing, because they're apples and oranges - some refer to treatments, some to lamination techniques and some to textile construction methods. dryskin, for example, is not one fabric but a series of plain weaves with varying components.

as far as i can tell from the components acr lists it kind of breaks down like this atm:

- ds: dryskin. double weave (meaning two yarns interwoven, usually with the stronger smoother one outside and the softer wicking one inside). Comes in different weights but generally rather lightweight and stretchy and very breathable. not very wind or water resistant. Summer/all purpose fabric. 

- ss: the acr designation ss seems to stand for soft shell and refers to a WB400 package. WB is a series of laminates, meaning there's a windproof PU membrane sandwiched between two layers of textile. Sometimes this is not a true membrane but a film of adhesive with windblocking properties. Much warmer than dryskin, heavier, windproof and with a fleecy inside. Outer layer/jacket type textile.

- ch can be anything but recently seems to refer to either schoeller shape or that 'industrial micro twill' which could fall under the shape designation or be something else entirely. In the previous grey, denim-ish P14, P10 and some jackets and hoodies using the same textile this was a cotton/nylon shape blend. Shape really is just a family name for schoeller weaves with a non-technical fashion purpose and are generally plain or double weaves featuring a softer hand and some surface treatments like 3xdry or coldblack. 

breathability between shape and dryskin depends on the weight, components and intended purpose, but within the same weight and purpose range, breathability will likely be subjectively identical. water/wind resistance and dry time will likely be better in dryskin as it's a true technical fabric. shape series fabric will look nicer and less technical.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Grabbed the bomber and hoodie.  The bomber cut is fantastic, fitted without restricting movement.  The hoodie has an interesting mesh texture on the exterior- haven't seen it before but gives it a great look.  

The 47a's upper pocket isn't as noticeable in person as the photos make it look.  Very subtle, and the layered front cargo pocket is very spacious.  Unfortunately my size was already sold out so I'll wait for the next interops hardshell...

Also they picture a 3A-1 and 3A-MK1 with the 5TS, but are these available anywhere?

Edited by thatslapz

Glad to see Acronym making insulators again. How many years has it been? And some fantastic soft-sells too, particularly J48-SS (how is that not sold out yet?).

Nothing for me this year though. I'm really after a soft shell or light shell J5/J3 style, like DS-J5 or HY-J3S. Maybe next season.

Some thoughts

-Leather J40 was unexpected, but interesting. Would have much preferred it on the J55 pattern.

-J50-WS bomber looks pretty good.

-Why isn't the guy wearing pants in the last shot for the LA5-MP?

-Lol at the Brad Pitt for Chanel No 5 description on the J-55MP

Copped P15-S (cuz night just ain't black enough), J47 (Didn't go for the A cuz of the similarities with the 28 I already own), and took a punt on the LA5 cuz that material looks crazy. Was tempted by the 50 and 51 but already have a PL-J1, love the cut on the bomber tho. Not a fan of the A pockets on the P10s but hey, I'm sure I'll live to regret that statement (almost exactly at the time they sell out).

Did anybody get hands on the s13-w? I'm interested in how thick it is and also if the shoulders are super articulated like last seasons hoodies. It's hard to tell in the pictures when they never show the back :)

Guys help. So on the acrnm website the J47A-GT pics have the forcelocks placed vertically. All the online websites have the J47A-GT shown with horizontal forcelocks. The non interops J47 has vertical forcelocks consistent on all the websites. Is this a flaw and was the model Errolson is wearing of the J47A-GT one of a kind?

Edited by VivaceKinetics

Guys help. So on the acrnm website the J47A-GT pics have the forcelocks placed vertically. All the online websites have the J47A-GT shown with horizontal forcelocks. The non interops J47 has vertical forcelocks consistent on all the websites. Is this a flaw and was the model Errolson is wearing of the J47A-GT one of a kind?

good observation. looks like they changed it from subnet model to production model. also weird that the regular 47 retained vertical forcelocks. eh, whatever though. hopefully it doesn't impact whatever decision you were/are going to make lol.

Am I the only one that never tried "Pack Carry" with their 5ts or 6ts?  That blew my mind.

i carried my 5ts like that when i owned it. handy for a bit, but uneven pressure distribution due to the thin bottom strap makes it kinda annoying. it also shifts the cargo, which may or may not matter to you. it's also a bit annoying that you can't make the thick strap tighter (the buckle hits the angled part of the strap). ultimately, i found it a bit too uneven – both pressure and snugness – that i could only carry like that for a matter of minutes before going to traditional carry

Grabbed the bomber and hoodie.  The bomber cut is fantastic, fitted without restricting movement.  The hoodie has an interesting mesh texture on the exterior- haven't seen it before but gives it a great look.  

How's the fit on the hoodie? Haven makes it look nice and baggy, some other stores make it look slim. 

from what i know, this season's jacketslings can be mounted inside or outside the jacket (as with the GT-J28 a few years ago). the exterior mount configuration reduces the amount of of time the interior (potentially a gore membrane) of the jacket is exposed to the elements. also, it would allow access to the jacket pockets when slinged, but with the introduction of jacketsling compatible pockets, that's not really an issue anymore.

Exterior jacket slings were a thing for last season too. The J44 can have an internal or external one.