Acronym.

Westbrook

Well, I meant it in general as I read it everywhere (on internet ofc) now.

Sorry about that! Touched a nerve there lol. 

Btw. for the fuccbois (jk) who wanted to dye the CH black, from Acronym:

"The blue/gray NIGHT color is partially the result of the chemical composition of the fabric, and partially the result of keeping hard to see in the dark."

Means it can't get any darker than that. They've tried. 

But reading between the lines - to me - it also means that for the Black Emperor himself to give up that all that blackness, the trade off must be worth it.

That's not to say that Stotz is anything but excellent; it is just right out of the gate the CH is way more comfy and drapes better (stain-resistant and fire-resistant too + 3XDRY + COLDBLACK). And that bit of elasticity makes a better fit for a wider variety of body types. 

Edited by cmdR

That's not to say that Stotz is anything but excellent; it is just right out of the gate the CH is way more comfy and drapes better (stain-resistant and fire-resistant too + 3xdry & coldblack). And that bit of elasticity makes a better fit for a wider variety of body types. 

The CH isn't was waterproof or wind resistant as the Stotz though.

Does ACRxNike fit true to size? I know I was hating on it but the white and red pair is growing on me. It's got potential with some black laces I think :)

Still wish they had matched the colors for the zips on the black pair (~.•)

WOW! The online hate on these shoes is just incredible! 

I actually dig the escape zip but the part of the zipper near the toe kinda ruins it for me. Curious though if that white loop is functional. Anyone know how much function there will be in this shoe outside of the zipper? 

Does anyone know what the retail will be? I'm willing to bet these will sell out pretty quick. 

acronym-nike-lunar-force-1-release-1.jpg

on end too

It's functional in that you can hold onto it as you pull the zipper up. As for other function, they keep your bare feet or socks from touching the ground. Not sure what other function you're looking for?

Edited by drgitlin

It's functional in that you can hold onto it as you pull the zipper up. As for other function, they keep your bare feet or socks from touching the ground. Not sure what other function you're looking for?

I guess I was hoping for some of that sweet Acronym DNA like that Escape Zip that's currently evident in the image.  Forcelock on your shoes to keep your metal laces in place would have been pretty sweet!

tumblr_lajraeVctf1qzu6nxo1_500.jpg

Personally though, I have the black clip on the opposite side, so the strap routes back along it's own length and actually threads under the clip. At normal compression, I maybe have 6" 'free' (after the clip) which just naturally falls over my shoulder.

any place to get replacement cross straps? Otherwise I'll have to modify some timbuk2 ones I have laying around...

So I finally got this season's P10-S in the post today after begrudgingly sending back the P10-CH. There is definitely a noticeable difference in the stretch of the material; the Stotz are a pretty tight fit on me compared to the CH and as Dr Jon said earlier, the natural drape on the CH is, in my opinion as well, much nicer. The Stotz feels a lot more rigid than both the CH and Epic, which I hadn't noticed in other Stotz pants like the P16-S, probably due to it being a much looser cut.

Fwiw, I got a very quick refund from Acronym after sending my stuff back, got absolutely screwed on the postage back to Germany though. Next time I'll probably just buy everything through End, the free postage, return and rapid refunds are well worth the bit extra they tend to charge.

In my experience, Stotz / High-density Gaberdine gets softer and drapes much better with age. And I particularly love the way it develops a unique patina as it wears in. Among all the Acronym fabrics (save for leather) it is the best in that regard. 

But in terms of wear comfort the CH (Industrial Microtwill) destroys it right out of the gate. Stotz is WWII Immersion Suit tried-and-tested classic, CH is current-day Schoeller fabric tech. One is blacker than the other, but both make for exceptional pants.  

I guess I was hoping for some of that sweet Acronym DNA like that Escape Zip that's currently evident in the image.  Forcelock on your shoes to keep your metal laces in place would have been pretty sweet!

I should clarify, on some of the new photos, the zip does indeed look like an escape zip (longer on the top strand). The pair I have, and most of the photos I've seen, it's a normal zip.

that picture makes the lunars look a lot better than the previous ones, but i still think a reverse coil or even pu zip with a locking zipper pull would've had a stronger acr aesthetic, color matched or not. 

Email from End, I was wondering why they took down the social media post about the drop:

Hi,

Thank you for your email..

The Nike x Acronym Lunar Force 1 SP has been delayed until some time in July.

Unfortunately at this moment in time we do not have a specific date for this launch.

Edited by Flipflop214

that picture makes the lunars look a lot better than the previous ones, but i still think a reverse coil or even pu zip with a locking zipper pull would've had a stronger acr aesthetic, color matched or not.

Backhanded compliment or not, good to see that peeps are finally catching up to the new shit.

But you know I trust ACR would know their own aesthetic better than some random dude on Sufu. But hey, that's just me. No offense.

Backhanded compliment or not, good to see that peeps are finally catching up to the new shit.

But you know I trust ACR would know their own aesthetic better than some random dude on Sufu. But hey, that's just me. No offense.

the dude voiced an opinion and sufu is all about 'random dudes' voicing their opinions and talking shit. but hey, that's just me. offensive.

the dude voiced an opinion and sufu is all about 'random dudes' voicing their opinions and talking shit. but hey, that's just me. offensive.

Gotta side with the "random dude" here.

If acrnm released a lime-green beanie and someone said "wouldn't that have looked more at home in black?" I would not explain it away and say "I trust ACR would know their own aesthetic".

The beautiful thing about a logical, justifiable argument is that it doesn't matter who says it. 

It's not as if acrnm's style is unknowable or ineffable. A reverse-coil, cam-locked zipper would be more in-line with their aesthic simply because it isn't non-sequitur (please excuse the double-negative). Doesn't matter who says that, it makes sense.

Point taken!

Gotta side with the "random dude" here.

If acrnm released a lime-green beanie and someone said "wouldn't that have looked more at home in black?" I would not explain it away and say "I trust ACR would know their own aesthetic".

The beautiful thing about a logical, justifiable argument is that it doesn't matter who says it. 

It's not as if acrnm's style is unknowable or ineffable. A reverse-coil, cam-locked zipper would be more in-line with their aesthic simply because it isn't non-sequitur (please excuse the double-negative). Doesn't matter who says that, it makes sense.

Respectfully disagree.

It's like the J44; a silver zipper is perfectly in keeping with a shoe that's black suede and patent leather, the same way it's in keeping with a jacket with a shawl collar. IMO, of course.

Now, if they also did an OD colorway in leather or a fabric, with blacked out hardware and matte vacutech leather on the heel, I'd be all over those too, but for different occasions.

It falls into the two ACR camps, of which I place all my potential purchases and tastes.

This might take a while to explain, so please, bear with me.

right then, let's begins, it goes like this.

A - Stuff you like

B - Stuff you don't like

Told you it might take a while to explain.