Acronym.

Westbrook

re: P-10

Measurements are inconsistent with all retailers. Can people chime in on waist/inseam measurements for s and/or m?

I just measured my MEDIUM P10-CH. 

I got 42cm across the waist. That was a pretty accurate measurement as far as I'm concerned. 80cm for the inseam, but that's a little more iffy. The leg of a P10 isn't a flat shape, it's volumetric. There's a few ways you could measure it. I went from the cuff to the FRONT of the gusset. You could also go to the back of the gusset which would be a bit further. 

My measurements seem consistent with the official small measurements. 

I agree, I tried one on and I'd say the back was more parka-esque in length.

I'm 5'5 and tried the small.

Is it meant to be that long?

5'5 is a hard height to be wearing Acronym.  I'm 5'7 and a bit and I have troubles

J29A is definitely shorter. I guess for the same fit you could just size the 29 up.

That's exactly right Jon; the J44 is basically a sized up J29 with shorter sleeves. It's fascinating how little tweaks from sizing to materials to the modded collar can alter the vibe of a jacket so drastically. 

I agree, I tried one on and I'd say the back was more parka-esque in length.

I'm 5'5 and tried the small.

Is it meant to be that long?

Isn't it just because J44 has interops? That almost always results in a wider and longer waist.

Hi guys, I am new to acr and i actually never try on their jacket before. I just ordered a J43–K from bureau in small but dont know if I should size up to medium instead. I am 5.7 tall and around 70kg.

I just find out  those measurements are not so consistent from different web.

Just wondering what size will be the best fit since those model from acr and haven are around 180cm and they are also wearing medium.

Thanks guys

Edited by greynblue

Hi guys, I am new to acr and i actually never try on their jacket before. I just ordered a J43–K from bureau in small but dont know if I should size up to medium instead. I am 5.7 tall and around 70kg.

Just wondering what size will be the best fit since those model from acr and haven are around 180cm and they are also wearing medium.

Thanks guys

Hey I'm about your height, but about 8-10kg lighter.

I don't have the J43-K, but i do have the J43-GT.  The small fits me quite well.  Despite being interops, the jacket is smaller than the blockier J1A or J28 that I own.

The small may fit you a bit tight (especially if you try to wear a bag underneath), but the sleeves will be as good as you can get being 5'7 wearing an ACRNM jacket.  The medium might fight you better in chest, but the sleeves might be a little too long for comfort.  (This is all assuming the J43-K is very similar to the GT iteration.)

Hey I'm about your height, but about 8-10kg lighter.

I don't have the J43-K, but i do have the J43-GT.  The small fits me quite well.  Despite being interops, the jacket is smaller than the blockier J1A or J28 that I own.

The small may fit you a bit tight (especially if you try to wear a bag underneath), but the sleeves will be as good as you can get being 5'7 wearing an ACRNM jacket.  The medium might fight you better in chest, but the sleeves might be a little too long for comfort.  (This is all assuming the J43-K is very similar to the GT iteration.)

Thanks man,

You have pointed out what I really concern about. The sleeve length for small is perfect for me, but i would like have more rooms for the rest. But if i get to medium, there will be 2-3cm longer for sleeves.

And I also start hitting the gym too :unsure:

Edited by greynblue

Thanks guys

Due to cuts for J43-K same as -GT and I have -GT one guess that S for you will be nice.

I have M size for this jacket: 5'10 tall and 73 kg. weight.

Also my chest measurement is 96-98 cm. and for M size enough room, if it helps.

Edited by unmen

Hey guys, just got my 3A-5TS that I purchased from another user here on Sufu, didn't come with the spec sheets or anything though so I'm kind of confused with how to set up all the straps. Could someone please explain to me what I'm supposed to do with the end of the wide main-strap (the one that has the plastic loop at the end and that just kind of hanging straight down when the bag is on my back)?

By the way I have one of the older Limonta versions that lack the padding thing that is usually found on most messenger bags, not sure if this matters though. 

Edited by Endless

tumblr_lajraeVctf1qzu6nxo1_500.jpg

Personally though, I have the black clip on the opposite side, so the strap routes back along it's own length and actually threads under the clip. At normal compression, I maybe have 6" 'free' (after the clip) which just naturally falls over my shoulder.

Had a bit of an idea for a J40 modification. Thought I'd slap together a sketch and see how it might look. (Please forgive the roughness of the illustration, I just wanted to get it down on something to see if the layout would work.)

9s2iksk.pngtbGvFMr.png

that's quite clever, really, but won't the collar strip be way too short to reach down the entire length of the jacket?

Based on my measurements, it would be about 25" long. That's the length of some of my 'medium' fit jackets (not necessarily ACRNM) and would wrap around my neck comfortably with about 3" to spare (which would let it snap onto itself).

Edited by Sypron

I feel like this has already been discussed but, are the P10 knee bags as apparent when worn as they appear to be in standalone shots?

depends on a few things

- your height and how it fits on you

- the angle you are looking at it

- which direction the material is "falling" at (similar to stacking)

- the type of material probably make a difference but i have no side-by-side comparison experience

but overall i would say yes, they are definitely noticeable

For those that missed out on some pieces, especially the P10S, Union just dropped http://store.unionlosangeles.com/collections/acronym/

No smalls though, or maybe they're out of stock already...

Also they seem to have mixed up the pictures, the P17-Ss are looking blue and the P17-Ss are black. 

tumblr_lajraeVctf1qzu6nxo1_500.jpg

Personally though, I have the black clip on the opposite side, so the strap routes back along it's own length and actually threads under the clip. At normal compression, I maybe have 6" 'free' (after the clip) which just naturally falls over my shoulder.

Thanks for the picture mate, but mine doesn't have a clip like that ;(

Any clues on what to do without it? (I'll try asking the seller too.)

I feel like this has already been discussed but, are the P10 knee bags as apparent when worn as they appear to be in standalone shots?

I received mine in the mail today. I won't lie, the first thing I noticed was the prominence of the articulated knees and general width of the thigh areas. I generally wear waist size 28s and I'd say there's 2 fingers worth of space in the hip.

At first, I was pretty concerned about the openness of the leg/knee, as I generally prefer a far slimmer fit. But after 5 hours of wear I have a much greater appreciation for it. The P10-CH has absolutely ridiculous freedom of motion. I can sit, crouch, stretch, and move in any way I want effortlessly. I went for a jaunt in the rain outside and hopped a couple of gates with zero restriction to movement. In terms of style, it's something you have to pull off. These are going to work better with an oversized t-shirt or sweaty - mine look deadly with the E-J21 in M I picked up for a steal a while back. The super slim lower calf cuff gusset (say that 5 times fast) also helps a lot.

But more importantly, the element of movement I mentioned before feels really fundamental to wearing these. If you read @erlsn's interview in the physical Nike ACG book that came out with the FW collection, he talks a lot about how athletes hold themselves and the special fitblock they made to incorporate this "ready stance" into the actual clothes:

Could we evoke, even subconsciously, the mental posture of a champion by integrating the physical posture of a champion into the shape of the clothes? The more we looked at it, the more we thought we could.

And what is the posture of a champion? Around this time we were also looking at athletes in all types of sports. We noticed that the ready stance was a precursor to all types of movement...

...All of this came out of wanting to express athleticism in a physical way. It suggests a certain posture in a very subtle way. And that's just what we were after. When somebody just randomly puts it on, you can see it in their face. You can see the posture of the jacket affecting their physical posture and their awareness.

- @erlsn

If there's interest, I'll write up the whole interview, which I don't think is published elsewhere. 

I tried on the ACG jacket at Nike Lab 21M here in New York and got something of the feeling he's talking about, but to me it's far more present in the P10. The way these pants want you stand is the pose of an athlete - a wider stance with knees a little bit bent. Through its fit, the piece suggests to you "wear me in this way, stand in this way," and if you go with the grain, you're going to own the style. 

Or perhaps the style owns you

Edited by donburi

Received my P10-CH last week and am pretty happy with it. Fit and articulation is great.

The washing instruction says it can be washed at 60 degrees. Have you tried this already.