Acronym.

Westbrook

If the CH is the same as the FW P-16CHs then it's a pretty good fabric. Lighter weight than Stotz, and treated with coldblack, although anecdotally they still can get quite warm if you're in the sun.

Glad I pushed the button the GT-J44, looks like they're sold out most everywhere already.

Ok but i just got recommended to buy CH up there!

I want to go with Stotz..

anyways

Large's are gone

im a 32, medium ok?

If you're a 32 you're wayyyy closer to a medium than a large. You'll probably still need a belt with the mediums.

IMO size Acronym by height rather than waist size.

If you're six feet or over, medium is going to be short on you. I'm a 32 in most jeans 6'-6'1ish, and I went with medium on some P13s (because hey, I wear medium in pretty much everything else), and they're pretty short on me and barely graze the top of my ankles. I went with a large on my P10 and they work a lot better. The large waist size really isn't that much bigger than a medium.

I'm 6'1" (185cm) and around a 32" waist.

I usually go for a medium or large depending on what styling I'm after. I can fit a small P8TS-X but it's too short in the leg.

For SP9, I can fit a small CH but only because of the stretch component. I wouldn't be able to wear a small E. My medium E actually feels like a similar fit to my small CH.

For P10, medium fits fine in the leg when I've got them zipped up. I sized up with my E pair so that I can get the cuff over my shoes in unzipped mode. And again, stretchy CH is more comfortable at a smaller size than rigid E.

P11 I can fit a small but the leg is too short. Medium worked well.

With P14, medium is only just long enough. It looks quite a lot like a business trouser, and that's how I wear it. My large pair is much deeper in the crotch and loose around the leg so it's got more of a casual look to it. Both give me a full range of motion.

P15 I went medium but still found the leg too short. You can't really size up with a P15 either, the waist baggage just starts to get ridiculous.

How does the fabric in -CH models compare to -S ? Thinking about trying to pick up P10s but can't decide on what version to get.

less black, more stretch, lighter and softer, dry super faster but windproof

about ss15, it's supposed to launch now?

Thoughts on which would be better in mid to light rain?  I live in Seattle, and rain is always a possibility.

Thoughts on which would be better in mid to light rain? I live in Seattle, and rain is always a possibility.

I'd wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in but my guess is stotz for Seattle. As for ss15 it already been done been dropped, if you're a small then good luck finding most shit. Still mediums, larges and a few XLs at the usual retailers Edited by lysosome

I'm finding the external jacket sling configuration useful in tight situations where you need access to your pockets (e.g. crowded and sweaty bars). For those who don't like the look, you can still do the internal jacket sling configuration.

I love the idea of keeping the jacket's lining protected, especially for fleece lined jackets. When you use the internal jacket sling, the lining of a softshell (like the SS-J25) is exposed and will rub against walls/people/sweaty bars. Typically that face will stain easily and pick up dirt. Having the external stain-repellent face exposed would be much prefered in those sitatuons.

Well my SS-CP1 arrived today (source redacted for anonymity). Super thrilled to finally get my hands on one, absolutely stoked. It's a bit of a trick to wear it! Will require some practice to use it as elegantly with it as it looks. Much lighter material than I was expecting, noticeably thinner than 3XDRY Softshell. Works out in my favour though, you rarely need 2 layers in Brisbane even in the middle of winter. 

And with that marks a rather important addition for me. It's the last item I was looking for to complete my collection. Apart from an X-LG1 (which I'm really not too concerned about) there's no other items I really want. Obviously there's a still a few items that I would like to own, like a DS-J5 or GT-J28, but I can't justify it considering everything else I have. Something about the new seasons just doesn't catch my attention the way the old ones do, and somehow I don't think that's likely to change in the future. 

Now bring me the wind, bring me the rain. This pluviophile has some badassery to perform.

Something about the new seasons just doesn't catch my attention the way the old ones do, and somehow I don't think that's likely to change in the future.

Eh everyone thinks that a some point then... a new fabric... a new garment... an improvement to your old favourite... and you'll be back B)

In the meanwhile, what else in your closest besides the acronym? Do you have room for the upcoming *fingers crossed* acronym shoes and shades?

There's always going to be stuff that hits or misses for people (I can think of a few collections that had nothing I liked at all), and there are also pieces that you start off hating and then grow to love (talking about you, Acronym Lunar Force 1s).

For example - I really don't like the Nemen stuff, or multiprene, or the -16As with the side pockets. But there's other pieces I adore (like the J44).

There's always going to be stuff that hits or misses for people (I can think of a few collections that had nothing I liked at all), and there are also pieces that you start off hating and then grow to love (talking about you, Acronym Lunar Force 1s).

For example - I really don't like the Nemen stuff, or multiprene, or the -16As with the side pockets. But there's other pieces I adore (like the J44).

If you tried them on, I think you'll be surprised as to how good those pockets on the P16As are Jon. Errolson doesn't wear the clothes just to sell them, he really lives in them. And the P16A is clearly a favourite of his, for very good reasons I can attest to. 

I'd wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in but my guess is stotz for Seattle. As for ss15 it already been done been dropped, if you're a small then good luck finding most shit. Still mediums, larges and a few XLs at the usual retailers

Erlsn agreed on the S, so you were right!  Thanks for the reply.

Erlsn agreed on the S, so you were right!  Thanks for the reply.

Slightly better. Both are ok for mid to light rain. CH is more comfy and much more luxe feeling, qualities that you can't really get across photos and with everyone's current obsession with blackness (Ch actually looks darker in sunlight the way GT fabrics do). The way it drapes and feels is more like a traditional blazer. Stotz is rougher, blacker and windproof. You can't go wrong with either but I wouldn't place rain resistance as the priority for choosing one over the other.  

I don't have a massive amount of experience with Stotz, but it's my understanding that it's less water repellent than CH. However, CH once compromised will soak through more quickly due to the less-dense weave.

There's a few different versions of CH though. SS-13 CH with energear for instance is super waterproof, moreso than any lightshell. Comes at the cost of being more noisy and having a synthetic feal.

.. the P16A is clearly a favourite of his, for very good reasons I can attest to.

Hated the P16A at first but I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger now. Was going to go with the P17 but I'm a short guy so the P16A is probably going to look like a drop crotch pants on me anyway lol

CH is more comfy and much more luxe feeling, qualities that you can't really get across photos and with everyone's current obsession with blackness (Ch actually looks darker in sunlight the way GT fabrics do). The way it drapes and feels is more like a traditional blazer.

100% agree with this. The polyester in CH helps with durability, stain resistance and it holds color better. Well worth the price. Not much difference in light drizzle and in the case of heavy downpour, CH will dry faster due to the blend.

Tbh I don't really see any advantage of going with Stotz. Feels like a densely woven chinos to me.