Acronym.

Westbrook

I'm guessing it means they might release soon (sell now to get in before retail cuts profits), or just trying to make cash while the attention is still there on them. They still seem like a really early prototype to me OR a deliberate lo-fi look to this style of zip system.

IMO the blends x vans vault old skools did side zips well: blends-vans-syndicate-old-skool-zip-bone

regardless, I saw the pair on grailed and thought they looked a bit frankenstein

Edited by lysosome

To be fair you can see mr h's fondness for the use of this type of zip on his clothing designs for SI:SP (and others) - the clean lines are slowly morphing ang a more deconstructed look is evolving across various lines.

I think many will not like this zippered look now but 'will' warm to it the more it appears and is emulated.

Regardless, they will prob fly off the shelves!

"First they laugh, then they copy"

I hate *HATE* AF1s and when I first saw those a few weeks ago I couldn't stand them but god help me when I took another look at the Grailed link yesterday I could feel my brain start to come round particularly since the black ones are my size. Even though I think they look unfinished.

type of zip on his clothing designs for SI:SP (and others)

To me, that has always clearly been a Stone Island artifact. Straight ACR is milspec non-reflective and/or waterproof YKK. My biggest beef with the J40 is the big honking SS zipper on the front. But, I get the moto reference, so...

Anyone noticed that waist sizing can be all over the shop? Medium P9s are loose on me (enough that I could probably size down) but P16s and P1TSs (thanks unmen!) in the same size are both almost too tight. 

Sadly, I am not a fan of those AF1's. Hopefully Errolson's next collab with Nike will be a little more appealing. Maybe a pair of AF1 High tops with Fidlock straps instead of Velcro? That would be damn cool!

As far as side zips in shoes? My vote goes to the Adidas x Porter Superstars. I always rock these with one of my J1A's!

15911021383_642482e52f_o.jpg15911021383_642482e52f_o.jpg

16344930979_aa2e33b634_o.jpg

Edited by analog29

Errolson already did a regular side zip awhile ago with Stone Island CXADO sneaks. I have these in low tops.

http://www.iamfatterthanyou.com/2010/02/stone-island-shadow-project-springsummer-2010-sneakers/stone-island-shadow-project-sneakers-front/

Let him do his new thang. he's just trying to pave new ground. lol

Sadly, I am not a fan of those AF1's. Hopefully Errolson's next collab with Nike will be a little more appealing. Maybe a pair of AF1 High tops with Fidlock straps instead of Velcro? That would be damn cool!

As far as side zips in shoes? My vote goes to the Adidas x Porter Superstars. I always rock these with one of my J1A's!

15911021383_642482e52f_o.jpg15911021383_642482e52f_o.jpg

16344930979_aa2e33b634_o.jpg