Acronym.

Westbrook

Hey guys, new to Acronym here. I just acquired my first piece, a pair of P10-S's. They fit great and I'm totally in-love, but the waist on the pants is a bit larger than I'd like.

I know there's a lot of technical detail and precise tailoring in the clothing, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with tailoring at the waist. Obviously these are pretty expensive and I don't want to mess them up.

Perhaps it's a completely thoughtless question, but I'm really just looking for advice on whether this would be reasonable or not. If not, I will totally live with what I've got. Thanks for your help—have a great day!

Hey guys, new to Acronym here. I just acquired my first piece, a pair of P10-S's. They fit great and I'm totally in-love, but the waist on the pants is a bit larger than I'd like.

I know there's a lot of technical detail and precise tailoring in the clothing, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with tailoring at the waist. Obviously these are pretty expensive and I don't want to mess them up.

Perhaps it's a completely thoughtless question, but I'm really just looking for advice on whether this would be reasonable or not. If not, I will totally live with what I've got. Thanks for your help—have a great day!

I have had some P9s taken in at the waist, but I'm not entirely happy with what they did to the way the back pockets sit as a result. Haven't had my other pairs altered, if that says anything.

What size waist are you Nesherman?

I usually rock a 32 or a 31. These Mediums are a full 4-fingers too big in the waist. They look fine, but it doesn't mean I'm not irked by it if you catch my drift.

I have had some P9s taken in at the waist, but I'm not entirely happy with what they did to the way the back pockets sit as a result. Haven't had my other pairs altered, if that says anything.

Do you still have them? Would love to take a look at what was done in the back. Could things have been done differently?

I bought a P-10s olive/green last year in size large (im a 34 inch waist) had it tailored because it was way bigger than its listed size  (had the waist reduced but the tailor reduced it too much and now its too small like size a 32-33). Anyway What im trying to say if you take it to a tailor make sure he measures you properly, and knows how to take a part the pants and put it back together- mines did a good job just its a shame he did it with the waist a size smaller now I've got a 700$+  sitting in my closet that I cant wear.

I bought a P-10s olive/green last year in size large (im a 34 inch waist) had it tailored because it was way bigger than its listed size  (had the waist reduced but the tailor reduced it too much and now its too small like size a 32-33). Anyway What im trying to say if you take it to a tailor make sure he measures you properly, and knows how to take a part the pants and put it back together- mines did a good job just its a shame he did it with the waist a size smaller now I've got a 700$+  sitting in my closet that I cant wear.

How much were they tailored to?

EDIT: Nevermind I see. Did the tailoring defect them? Interested in selling?

Edited by nesherman

I usually rock a 32 or a 31. These Mediums are a full 4-fingers too big in the waist. They look fine, but it doesn't mean I'm not irked by it if you catch my drift.

Do you still have them? Would love to take a look at what was done in the back. Could things have been done differently?

My tailor persuaded me to take them in a bit in the seat too, so now the nylon strip doesn't sit flush with the pockets. Not sure if I can get a good pic since i need to be wearing them but if I can get one I'll post it here. I think it could probably have been avoided, I should just have said "no, just take them in!"

My tailor persuaded me to take them in a bit in the seat too, so now the nylon strip doesn't sit flush with the pockets. Not sure if I can get a good pic since i need to be wearing them but if I can get one I'll post it here. I think it could probably have been avoided, I should just have said "no, just take them in!"

Well I'd love to see if you have the time. Having some difficulty visualizing your description.

Haven't seen anyone mention owning a J29B-WS yet. Does anyone here have one to share their thoughts on?

I love mine. I usually wear it as a layering piece or in warmer climate when you want to dress more casual. But I usually wear the LA3-WS or J25-WS more than this piece. If you already own a J29, you most likely don't need this piece. The J29-GT Paclite is probably my fave piece out of all J29's. just my thoughts...

Would love to buy, $40 shipping for a mag is a joke though...

oh shit seriously? I luckily got free shipping on it, I assume because i'm in Australia. Not particularly a fan of HB but copped for Errolson the god

Question for all you P10-s/ch XL owners out there, ACR site says waist is 48cm can anyone confirm that this is wholly accurate or if they run larger ( hopefully ) or smaller?

Looking at buying some but fear they'll be too small as I was hoping they'd be closer to 38" waist and with a little stretch if possible esp the CH variants?

Any help in this area much appreciated.

Question for all you P10-s/ch XL owners out there, ACR site says waist is 48cm can anyone confirm that this is wholly accurate or if they run larger ( hopefully ) or smaller?

Looking at buying some but fear they'll be too small as I was hoping they'd be closer to 38" waist and with a little stretch if possible esp the CH variants?

Any help in this area much appreciated.

The site sizing is pretty TTS.

I had a pair of P8TS-S and they fit a little smaller in the waist than I liked. At the time I was a true 36" waist.

ahh.....I see, in which case I might have to hunt down some of the elusive P15-CH then in L or XL as I know there are NO sizing issues on those, but it's like hunting hens teeth !!

cheers folks.

Cannot be long now till SS15 comes online either ?