Acronym.

Westbrook

Not sure if this should go here or in the urban techwear thread (perhaps this collab is deserving of its own?), but as most of the relevant discussion seems to be here:

Errolson drops some small hints regarding Summer drops too.

Edited by H0r0

So I got down to 1948LDN NikeLab this morning with 2 intentions - Sockdarts and ACG. By the time I'd got there (about an hour after opening) the Sockdarts had sold out. No need to cry I thought, the black ones are dropping soon. I'll just need to camp outside next time, like those dudes did last night to cop the gold AirMax1s (really?).

As for the ACG, I really don't know. If I'd have never seen Acronym before I might have been more excited but there was nothing that made me feel like going crazy. The jacket is nice but other than the liner, there's nothing that would make me choose it over any of my ACR goretex. Pants looked nice but i dont need any, the logo on the back of the tee wasnt my thing either. So I copped a tech fleece sweater which is quite nice but I'm missing the articulation and some pockets in all honesty. I'm not a fan of the chukkas or the logo on them and they didn't have the Arktos in the store. The bag looks nice but it doesn't really replace either of my existing ones, and I wasn't a huge fan of the zipper system opening it, ymmv though.

Bottom line, I'm saving my $$$ for the ACR SS15 drop.

Happily for me neither the sweatshirt nor the pants seemed to be on the robocoppers hitlist, so they'll be winging their way to me shortly. As Dolphinski says, the jacket seems cool but realistically I'd never choose it over my GT-J5A.

I grabbed the pants and a tee. The jacket had no articulation. It's only made out of paclite which at 500 is more than I'm willing to pay. And the cuff adjustment looked a little cheap.

I passed on the tech fleece sweater cus the lack of pockets and cus my gf bought me the white label crew neck in 2 colors for chrimas.

Boots went quick. I completely missed the boat on them tho.

So today I tore a hole in my P10-CH. It was right above the 2x reinforced knee, so it went straight through to my skin (Murphy's law I guess).

iVnaehT.jpg?1

I've contact acronym. Really hoping this one can be fixed, because it's going to get worse if I keep wearing it.

Also: scratched up the zippers on my 3A-3TS, and tore the cordura strap a bit (nothing severe). Lesson learned, don't sprint though the city to catch a bus.

R 3a-1s and 3a-3s real prone to damage? Everytime I see a picture of one that's been used its full of holes and tears. I see lots of zipper issues as well... I don't see the same issues occurring with 5/6/8s

Just a passing thought I suppose :)

@SuE; yeah, it was from falling on the road while moving pretty fast. Landed on my knee, then elbow, then kind of slid on my back. All things considered, it could have been much worse. Lots of blood though, that's going to be a bitch to get out.

I'd say there are some properties of the 3TS/1 that make them prone to damage. The lower corners are squared rather than rounded, and the fabric there isn't reinforced. It's a natural point to wear to occur. I'm pretty sure on the 5/6/8 the corners are reinforced with cordura.

damn, sorry to see that man.

i'm guessing we see more worn 3A-1 and 3TS because they tend to be used daily whereas the larger bags are mainly taken for trips, etc

I dunno.  I wear my 5ts literally every single day.  I use it for everything from carrying random shit, to gym stuff, to taking it on trips (local and global) and the only place you can tell it's worn is that the inside white liner is dirty and the outside white panels are taking on some grey color from my clothes.  The buckles have been smashed in car doors and been no worse for the wear.  

Sypron: the corners are heavily reinforced, that's a great point.  I don't own a 3a1 or 3a3, I wasn't aware they didn't have a similar reinforcement in some way :)

I suppose the reason I haven't picked one up is that I prefer to have a larger bag with me in case I buy something or need to carry something extra.   :D

ACG Chukkas arrived and are going straight back. Clunky and boring-looking, and the rubber toe-caps make them look like sensible dad shoes. The flyknit pattern is lovely, though, and the toe and heel rubber is very sticky – obviously haven't tried, but I can't imagine there're gonna be any traction issues.

i'm guessing we see more worn 3A-1 and 3TS because they tend to be used daily whereas the larger bags are mainly taken for trips, etc

Polyant 3A-8TS in daily use for two years, now.  Day-to-day purse for packed lunch, telephone, sunglass case, etc. during the workweek year-round;  serves as "personal item" bag/camera bag/iPad tote on vacations.  White vinyl liner and inside of lid are smutted up a bit, but it still looks fresh on the outside.

I've never found it too big, and have very rarely found it too small.  Would buy it again in an eyeblink, for the same purposes.  It's one of the most useful, versatile, pleasing things I've ever owned.

Fully second Misanthropod's opinion of the 8TS. Daily work bag for laptop, iPad, sunglasses, H1 and SM1, chargers, and personal bits & bobs. It has room to spare to stuff a J32 when not in use. After 4 years it still looks great. Lid sustained a coffee spill and the interior could do with a bit of a cleaning but it's nowhere close to end of life, nor do I feel like moving on. Pleasing indeed.

I don't think anybody's really rebutting or arguing. Clearly everyone chooses what works best for them. The 8 is fair to consider nearly the same as the 5/6 since it's essentially the same design, even if it is smaller. I would lump the 3a-2 (maybe even the 7) in with them for that matter but I've never seen anybody on here with one so didn't bother to mention it.

I would say there is probably a fairly even split between users of the larger bags and the smaller bags.

Does anybody use a 12ts? Theyve been out a few years, how are they holding up?

Edited by jbob24