Acronym.

Westbrook

I know FW means fall/winter :P

I was asking what is FW CH, since I've only ever seen it used in SS seasons.

Sorry, I guess I was confused about which season they were from. I'm talking about these: http://acronym.de/product.php?id=555 and yes, they are indeed SS13. 

The thing that's confusing is that they're waaay too insulated to wear once the temperature gets above 70ËšF/20ËšC, in my experience. Oh the other hand they cope with subzero winters very well.

Edited by Dr Jonboy

Any idea why this happened

P9-E just washed for the first time myself

These had been washed by previous owner but tag was immaculate condition before I washed

118A0E42-66A4-472C-B19E-58F466DC11F8_zps

A27838A1-70C6-4AFC-8C81-A5B57B5A582C_zps

Hey...sorry to see that greencarman.  How were they washed?  water temp, soap..etc..?  Were they washed inside out?  I know that can wreck havoc on labels if the wash speed is set to normal.

j. 

Washed at 30 with delicate cycle then line dried

Wash all my acronym this way goretex , etaproof & scholler and never had this problem with the tag and not inside out as this fades the tag a bit

Not to bothered as trousers still immaculate so will just have to cut the label of

Trousers could still pass as new

Edited by greencarman

which method is best to minimize fading on epic? i know olive doesn't show as much but i've seen some pictures of black pants that didn't turn out so well. don't really care about the tag as much as the pants themselves haha.

kind of off topic but does anyone have links to sites that sell cobra belts (similar to the ones they wear in the ACR lookbooks) that ship internationally? tried to find one locally but they weren't quite what I was looking for.

Wash epic cold or 30 deg real dirty

Both work for me on pants and j27-e and loads of howies

Stotz I would wash cold and line dry making sure no creases, but I always get some fading where creases from wearing, a bit like denim

Edited by greencarman

kind of off topic but does anyone have links to sites that sell cobra belts (similar to the ones they wear in the ACR lookbooks) that ship internationally? tried to find one locally but they weren't quite what I was looking for.

This was posted awhile back:

you can get all these and more to work with Acronym since it's originally inspired by the military. Especially the molle webbing. I've been using all of these accessories and more with my ACR for years... Your choice for different colors and load outs. Enjoy!

http://www.botach.com/products/itw-grimloc-carabiner.html

http://www.botach.com/products/itw-tac-link-3-pack.html

http://www.volundgearworks.com

http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/Molle-connectors.html

http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/Lightweight-Combat-Belt-cobra-buckle.html

Can personally vouch for the Intelligent Armour lightweight belts (last link), I recently ordered 4 for me and a couple friends.

I'd give it the win on milspec brownie points alone. It also costs a fraction compared to any other urban-techwear-brand cobra belt out there. I can't seem to wrap my head around why the others are so pricey now, given that most of everyone's hardwear comes from AustriAlpin®.

This was posted awhile back:

Can personally vouch for the Intelligent Armour lightweight belts (last link), I recently ordered 4 for me and a couple friends.

I'd give it the win on milspec brownie points alone. It also costs a fraction compared to any other urban-techwear-brand cobra belt out there. I can't seem to wrap my head around why the others are so pricey now, given that most of everyone's hardwear comes from AustriAlpin®.

Wish I saw those belts before I spent 3 times as much on a bagjack one T-T.

Also, these > the c clips you get w/ acronym stuff:

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/maliceclip.aspx

I can't believe I'm writing a review about a 25 EUR belt, but okay, here we go...

The belt is ultra robust. Strap is made of identical material as the ones they sell to servicemen at a 1" width. The buckle operates as expected and locks to place every time with a resounding click. Accidental openings shouldn't be a problem as operating it requires thumbs. 

If you are planning on EDCing 25kg loads in Kydex sheaths and magazine pouches, I'd worry about your pant construction more. AustriAlpin manufactures these things for climbing, military, and space, so jawnz should not be a problem.

Just in case anyone's interested in grabbing just the buckle...their gear is top notch. 

http://www.austrialpin.net/products/cobra/sizes.asp

My SET-1 arrived from Concrete.

Words cannot describe how much I have wanted this thing since I first saw it. 

Fucking A.

Nice !!!!   SET-1 is a hallmark of acr design in my opinion...enjoy !!!

I haven't had a real chance to take pictures of the SET-1 yet, but here's the bags and stuff.

fuwdQAr.jpg

The SET bag contains all the components of the SET. They're each treated as if they're their own products (in many ways, they are).

GT-J21

eXsvq6j.jpg

X-SL1

fsNPgFi.jpg

3A-SA

db1wiu5.jpg

General thoughts:

Since I couldn't get my hands on a SET-1 before now, I instead opted to buy the E-J21 and DS-SL1 last year (my first acrnm items). There's definitely some key differences. This is also the oldest acrnm item I own, and you can see some of the older and more primitive design elements in it.

GT-J21

The first thing I noticed was the Gore-Tex Active Shell. Noticeably lighter and thinner than current generation GT-Pro Shell. It fits somewhere between Pro Shell and Windstopper Active Shell in terms of both weight and stiffness. Definitely a fantastic summer textile. A real treat to wear and I can't wait until the weather warms up a bit and the rains roll around. There are a few small details different than in the E-J21. The interops zip and pocket zips are 3mm, rather than 5mm. Also the pockets are mesh-lined rather than in the E-J21 where they're face-fabric lined. There are also a few differences from the promo pictures. In the picture the pockets are much higher up than they are in the final product. Also, there are no shockcords on the front of the hood, instead they are on the back of the hood where all modern items place it.

8cd276dd8c429d3d4687769eacea60e9.jpg

X-SL1

Not much to say about these. Same as the DS-SL1 but in X-Fast, obviously.

3A-SA

I feel like there was a missed opportunity with the 3A-SA. It has this construction where the entire thing opens up. Importantly, the bottom drops out when the bag is opened. This means it's no good for carrying anything but the jacket, since anything else would drop straight out of the bag when you went to retrieve it. Other than that, the size is perfect, the internal pockets are perfect. It's just unfortunate that they didn't design it to be a true bag. You can fit an 8-inch tablet in there though. There's an external pocket which is just big enough. I would put it on the inside, but the jacket would fall out every time I tried to retrieve it.

b0037196_1215886.jpg

More coming soon.

RxuRAbc.jpg