Acronym.

Westbrook

The difference in fees in not surprising. One piece is cotton (I assume), the other synthetic. The latter incurs a much higher tax. It's somewhat variable as sometimes the customs official will have to judge what rate to apply in case of confusion or mixed fabrics.

Yup - synthetic jackets carry much higher fees ($627 iirc on my J29).

The difference in fees in not surprising. One piece is cotton (I assume), the other synthetic. The latter incurs a much higher tax. It's somewhat variable as sometimes the customs official will have to judge what rate to apply in case of confusion or mixed fabrics.

it's not variable, UPS charges an $8 brokerage fee on top of the customs fee.  the fabrication is declared in the customs manifest, you'll see that if you open the ten pages of customs declaration in the plastic envelope on the box!

but yeah, not sure why bodega's pricing is better.  cannot complain though, really.

I completely forgot to post this, last week I did an "acronym wash" (somehow in my mind it feels like a momentous occasion?) and put my new P9/P14/P15-CH through the wash.

Very pleased to report that Black 3XDRY COTTON | NYLON STRETCH does not appear to fade like other lightshells! Admittedly, I've only ever washed Epic before and I know that it immediately (as in, after 1 wash) shows signs of fading/age. CH on the other hand, does not. Washed and irons up very nice and still looks like new. Very happy with this stuff for now. The grey melange isn't going to ever really show age, but black usually does, so it's nice to see it still looking right.

In other news, I wanted to ask the community here what kinds of Acronym garments they would like to see, but don't exist. Something you've always wanted but has never been made. Maybe someone from Arconym reads this thread and will consider it as a future project. 

For instance, I've always wanted a P10-X. The P10 is one of my favourite styles and X-Fast is my favourite textile. I'd love to see them come together. 

Well after yesterday's drop and my resulting disappointment. I would love to see a tech crew/polo out of the sane dryskin used on the DS-LA3 and KA3 shirts.

The new Brugnoli cotton pieces dropped yesterday look great from a visual/patterning stance, but I cannot justify dropping 350+ US for a cotton sweatshirt. Especially when my Nike Tech pack crew and track jacket have similar articulated patterning and can accept DWR and offer more performance than regular cotton fleece. It would also be nice if they introduced a passive ventilation system especially as these pieces are SS drops. Some kind of underarm or back body mesh panels would be great to vent extra heat in the warmer months and would make the pieces much more functional.

I'd also love to see a P9 in the 3xdry ny/co stretch.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

Would love to see convertible sweatshirts ( removable arms ) with vented and reflective panelling like the Vapor Flash black ?

Also convertible hardshells too with mix of 3xdry contrasing arms so there is a textural contrast and different behaving fabrics in the way they drape/fold & crease.

Integrated neck gaiter like the Shadow Tech Wool blazer that conceals.

removable gloves too like the aforementioned.

Oh and some chrome 3rdArm action !!!

I completely forgot to post this, last week I did an "acronym wash" (somehow in my mind it feels like a momentous occasion?) and put my new P9/P14/P15-CH through the wash.

Very pleased to report that Black 3XDRY COTTON | NYLON STRETCH does not appear to fade like other lightshells! Admittedly, I've only ever washed Epic before and I know that it immediately (as in, after 1 wash) shows signs of fading/age. CH on the other hand, does not. Washed and irons up very nice and still looks like new. Very happy with this stuff for now. The grey melange isn't going to ever really show age, but black usually does, so it's nice to see it still looking right.

In other news, I wanted to ask the community here what kinds of Acronym garments they would like to see, but don't exist. Something you've always wanted but has never been made. Maybe someone from Arconym reads this thread and will consider it as a future project. 

For instance, I've always wanted a P10-X. The P10 is one of my favourite styles and X-Fast is my favourite textile. I'd love to see them come together. 

More graphic tees! More unexpected colabs!

Question: Where do I find out about different materials? It seems people on here know a decent amount.

I remember talking to kuya swagpoo's kuya about how interesting it'd be if Acronym made a "natural" tech line. 

The catalyst for the entire conversation was how an old pair of Self Edge x Sugarcanes I owned offered the most ridiculous ventilation. (i.e. cooler than about 90% of the trousers I ever wore)

Could easily imagine it being applied to something like the CP1, CP2, maybe one of jackets. Straight up Mongolian / Silk Road drug dealer vibes ala this one Damir Doma some seasons ago.

Question, I know Acronym is an urban techwear brand, but do any of you put your gear through outdoor use? I don't see why not, a lot of the functions seem helpful on the trail and they're no doubt quite waterproof. Is there a reason to not? Are some jackets better suited for the outdoors than others?

So...two part post:

1. Does anyone on here have any experience with the P11-CH. They're still in stock on the site and I'm really liking looser fitting bottoms these days.

2. Does anyone have a second hand pair in XL they're looking to part with? PM me if you do. (I know this should go on the community sales thread but figured combining it with the other inquiry would hurt).

Upheavel... I have a 15" MB Pro and the 3A-1 in Xpac. My MBP is in an Incase sleeve and can fit in the bag, but you can't "easily" take it in and out. You have to do a "one corner of the lap top first" at a time to get it out. There's still curvature when wearing the bag.

Hope this helps.