Acronym.

Westbrook

Really wish any ACR pants went down to a 28 waist. Been eyeing those P-15s but I'd be swimming in them.

wanted to chime in here and just give general thoughts on the p-15 CH.

in my opinion, waist measurement for the p-15 is not very useful. i'm usually a L in acronym pants (~33 in true waist) and sized down to a M in the p-15 because of the other measurements (hem & inseam). after receiving and wearing the pants for some time, i realize that i could just as easily "fit" the S or L just as well in the waist. as Spyron mentioned, regardless of what size you go with, you're likely going to need a belt anyway (especially if you have items in your pocket that will weight down the pants and loosen the drawstring).

i posted one pic in the "waywt: chat" thread to show how the pants fit on me. as i'm about 178cm (compared to Spyron - 186cm), these fit relatively baggy on me. the M, worn a little below the waist & with a belt, is a very comfortable fit, and i think S or L would've had strange proportions elsewhere, resulting in an awkward look.

ultimately, if you think the inseam, hem, and outseam measurements are reasonable, i'd go for it.

---

as for performance, agreeing with everyone else that these pants are extremely breathable. will be great summer pants. should be great for tropical rainwear as it's super breathable yet retains water repellency. as mentioned earlier (don't remember by whom, too lazy to look) i have also noticed the pant to show markings quite easily, but that doesn't bother me much.

ps: WillKhitie, I believe the other 2 "Interior Pockets" are the extra section on the inside (closest to the zip-fly) of the deep pocket. they're not really separate pockets, but additional sections cut into the deep pocket to separate small items from the larger section of the deep pocket. probably meant to store keys, or other small accessories.

Insomnia: Assuming that the pockets are the same on the P14 and P15, then there indeed is an additional pocket. Basically the left pocket has an additional pouch, pretty much exactly like the phone pocket on the right, inside of it. Turn the pants inside out and you'll see what I mean. It is really easy to miss as the opening is tight and high up in the front-left side of the pocket itself.

You are right about the 2 sections. The whole pocket is kind of a flat inverted V, with ends of the V forming the sections, so items will gravitate towards the left or the right "leg". The additional pocket is for item number 3, as per the demo video.

Edited by TaoSpace

As promised, fit pic:

qhwVJQT.jpg

Sorry about the quality of my 'mirror'. I'm going to try and get some more photos to better demonstrate the fit but as you can see, it is pretty narrow. More so than the P11, IMO. 

Still, I absolutely love them. I feel very comfortable in them, not just physically but psychologically. You know how sometimes when you're wearing something super precious you feel delicate with it? Like you don't want it to get damaged or dirty or stretched? I don't feel like that with the grey melange. It doesn't get marked or scuffed because of the colour (or maybe it does, but you can't see it). It doesn't ever feel like it's being stretched or pulled because of the superb fit. I just throw it on with any shoes and any shirt and I'm good to go. 

So I just got my P10. I wasn't planning on doing another post for it at first but this one has some nice surprises!

mQzz6ne.jpg
xQBB4u1.jpg

What's this?

SnIrh3B.jpg

Carabiner! Not sure if people who bought the P10-E got these, but I am stoked. The carabiner was left out of the FW-1314 edition P10-S, glad to see it makes a return.

riBSRTR.jpg
And not any carabiner either, this one is special.

3aEA5FQ.jpg

Took me a while to get the hang ofthe mechanism.

X1vnqFY.jpg

On the side it reads "ITW Nexus NA". A quick search leads to the manufacturer and the product: GrimLoc. ITW also made the previous carabiner, the Tac Link.

It actually has an internal loop which can be used to securely affix it to 25mm webbing. It's not easy to attach but once it's on, it's good and tight.

kwMXam6.jpg

Back to the P10-CH:

uH2kTR3.jpg

IN THE HIGH CASTLE

PG8OJMQ.jpg

So the composition of this doesn't match the P14 and P15. This is the same as the old P9/SP9 from SS-12. 

Fits like the other P10s. All in all, a fantastic pant. Would definitely recommend, and would certainly recommend a GrimLoc to anyone who has a P10 already.

Hey Sypron,

thanks a lot for sharing your insights!

I am thinking about ordering a P10-CH as well but still a little unsure about the size. Could send a brief comment on the waist measurement? Is it as mentioned on the store website?

Would be the first acr pants for me. Usually i am waist 30 inch, size S. The mentioned 39 cm waist could be a little too tight.

Thanks!

Dolphinski, it should come with it. Mine did! Email em.

Tobsen1010', I'm between waist 30 and 31 and the P10 in S fits more like a size 32 as it hangs low in the waist. So no problems there.

Sypron, which 3xDry material do you think is better for summer? I'm thinking the SS-12 version might be cooler still.

So it seems i was a bit hasty! When i said i got this season's P10-E, what i meant was the delivery had literally landed on my desk 2 mins before i posted and i tore the box open expecting to find some massive metal carabiner in the box and nothing was there. When i got the pants out of the bag, there was indeed a cute little Grimloc plastic carabiner as Sypron posted. #winning #plasticcarabinersftmfw

So it seems i was a bit hasty! When i said i got this season's P10-E, what i meant was the delivery had literally landed on my desk 2 mins before i posted and i tore the box open expecting to find some massive metal carabiner in the box and nothing was there. When i got the pants out of the bag, there was indeed a cute little Grimloc plastic carabiner as Sypron posted. #winning #plasticcarabinersftmfw

you can get all these and more to work with Acronym since it's originally inspired by the military. Especially the molle webbing. I've been using all of these accessories and more with my ACR for years... Your choice for different colors and load outs. Enjoy!

http://www.botach.com/products/itw-grimloc-carabiner.html

http://www.botach.com/products/itw-tac-link-3-pack.html

http://www.volundgearworks.com

http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/Molle-connectors.html

http://www.body-armour-protection.co.uk/Lightweight-Combat-Belt-cobra-buckle.html

Nice kit! 

I'm actually trying to find a particular type of item to augment my loadout right now. I have no idea where to buy something like this, maybe someone would have an idea.

What I'm looking for is a band of 25mm webbing, about 10cm long, with a slotted loop at one end and a loop at the other. Here's a pic explaining what I'm after.

ti9Pzqm.png

Basically It's for connecting another loop item to my belt. This just threads through both and connects back to itself. Any ideas on where I could get one?

Sorry lads, completely forgot to reply to this

Hey Sypron,

thanks a lot for sharing your insights!
I am thinking about ordering a P10-CH as well but still a little unsure about the size. Could send a brief comment on the waist measurement? Is it as mentioned on the store website?

Would be the first acr pants for me. Usually i am waist 30 inch, size S. The mentioned 39 cm waist could be a little too tight.

Thanks!

I usually wear 32 for jeans, but I can wear 30 if it's more suitable (for trousers, for instance). I went with the medium for the leg length. Small acronym pants are simply too short for me, and leave my ankles exposed (not a good look). cmdR knows what he's talking about.

Fit pics please! 

Hopefully I can get some good ones for you soon, but it is a standard P10, so there's lots of pictures around.

Sypron, which 3xDry material do you think is better for summer? I'm thinking the SS-12 version might be cooler still.

Tough call. The differences between them are very slight. If someone told me the tag is a misprint and the two fabrics are actually the same I would believe them.

However, I feel like the SS12 one is slightly thicker, slightly more insulative, and slightly stretchier. The new P14 and P15 just feel that much lighter and more flexible. Could be my imagination though. 

Nice kit!

I'm actually trying to find a particular type of item to augment my loadout right now. I have no idea where to buy something like this, maybe someone would have an idea.

What I'm looking for is a band of 25mm webbing, about 10cm long, with a slotted loop at one end and a loop at the other. Here's a pic explaining what I'm after.

ti9Pzqm.png

Basically It's for connecting another loop item to my belt. This just threads through both and connects back to itself. Any ideas on where I could get one?

Not exactly what you're talking about, but would a maxpedition tac tie work for what you're trying to do?

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/5-TacTie-Pack-of-4-p802.htm

Does anyone have gifs of errolson demonstrating the gravity pockets? It's in one of the older preview videos, he starts with a phone, then nunchucks, then some swords or something. Can't find any gifs anywhere, thanks!

Edited by Daniel Ocean

I got this season's P10-E and no cool carabiner for me *unimpressed face*

not sure if it was just cmdR being awesome but my P10-Es came with a carabiner.

very tempted to pick up the P10-CHs, I'd like to see some fit pics as well if you take any Sypron.

Not exactly what you're talking about, but would a maxpedition tac tie work for what you're trying to do?

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/5-TacTie-Pack-of-4-p802.htm

Not exactly. It needs to be malleable and thin at one end to slot it through narrow openings. Also it needs to connect to itself at 180° rather than at 0°.

Basically this:

r8vi6Ni.png

Tough call. The differences between them are very slight. If someone told me the tag is a misprint and the two fabrics are actually the same I would believe them.

However, I feel like the SS12 one is slightly thicker, slightly more insulative, and slightly stretchier. The new P14 and P15 just feel that much lighter and more flexible. Could be my imagination though. 

The grey melange SS12 material doesn't have the furry 3X Dry inner liner which makes me think that it's less warm in summer. Let us know how it goes when the temps heat up in your sphere. 

not sure if it was just cmdR being awesome but my P10-Es came with a carabiner.

very tempted to pick up the P10-CHs, I'd like to see some fit pics as well if you take any Sypron.

Haha, thanks Ray!  :)