Acronym.

Westbrook

ACR tends to write back fairly quickly. I remember when I lost that black clip (See Dolphinski's post above)

They sent me a few extras immediately. Although for a strap, I'd imagine you'd have to pay something for it. 

I personally want that ACR belt you see in all the pant shots. Recently, Erlsn wore a Cobra belt which I must get my hands on!

ACR tends to write back fairly quickly. I remember when I lost that black clip (See Dolphinski's post above)

They sent me a few extras immediately. Although for a strap, I'd imagine you'd have to pay something for it. 

I personally want that ACR belt you see in all the pant shots. Recently, Erlsn wore a Cobra belt which I must get my hands on!

Cobra Belt in great Quality

https://www.bagjackshop.com/module-und-zubehaeoer/pro-bike/next-level-belt/a-1195/

Acronym bags can handle a lot, but yesterday I went downtown and stocked up on magazines from Trichome/Totokaelo. I was carrying a full water bottle, baked goods, and headphones that were all adding additional weight, and when I went to lift up my 3A-6TS with the strap, as I usually would, I heard a bad sound that I thought could be the stitching tearing out from the support point for the strap system. Upon returning home and inspecting the bag, that sound can be produced by the velcro attachment of the inner liner slowly separating from the interior wall of the bag. I intend not to overload the bag whenever possible, but I were to pull a strap loose from the bag  is there anyone who has suggestions on reattaching the strap to the bag? I'm worried that, if that happened, the resulting tear/hole may compromise the integrity of the entire bag.

As far as I can tell, the bag is fine. I ended up choosing the 3A-6TS because the nomadic idea of being able to carry everything important enough to own in a bag seemed pretty cool (clothing, toiletries, phone, wallet). Honestly, though, all the articles of clothing I would pack into would have a significantly lower weight to volume ratio than a pile of magazines. Will continue to use/abuse and report back.

On the topic of modulation: best consumer grade solar panel out there that I could attach to the MOLLE webbing? I know bagjack makes/made one and Bodega still has the 3A-MSOL1 (but I was suspecting the solar tech is dated, even if the aesthetic consistency is nice).

As far as I can tell, the bag is fine. I ended up choosing the 3A-6TS because the nomadic idea of being able to carry everything important enough to own in a bag seemed pretty cool (clothing, toiletries, phone, wallet). Honestly, though, all the articles of clothing I would pack into would have a significantly lower weight to volume ratio than a pile of magazines. Will continue to use/abuse and report back.

On the topic of modulation: best consumer grade solar panel out there that I could attach to the MOLLE webbing? I know bagjack makes/made one and Bodega still has the 3A-MSOL1 (but I was suspecting the solar tech is dated, even if the aesthetic consistency is nice).

I'd go with a powermonkey: http://www.rei.com/product/835332/powertraveller-powermonkey-extreme-12v-solar-battery-charger

Tech looks great, and for $300.00 less I think I could find a way to mount it on the TEC SYS webbing. Good looking out Dr Jonboy.

Tech looks great, and for $300.00 less I think I could find a way to mount it on the TEC SYS webbing. Good looking out Dr Jonboy.

It's very easy to velcro it to MOLLE (or anything else). 

I'm going to go ahead and call it 'stupidly waterproof'. 

Although I have noticed that in particularly heavy downpours (similar to

) the hood and cuffs did wet through. I would recommend sizing up though. I bought my regular Acronym size (small) and the hood is too small to adequately keep my face dry. 

I may be in the minority here but I am not so keen on the j-28s front pockets.

On the 04-05 realmadhectic video there is a very similar jacket minus the front pockets and kg fit block but with a short sleeve and to me the silhoutte is all the better for it.

I may be in the minority here but I am not so keen on the j-28s front pockets.

On the 04-05 realmadhectic video there is a very similar jacket minus the front pockets and kg fit block but with a short sleeve and to me the silhoutte is all the better for it.

Sharp eye there. That is the GT-J4 (FW-0304, Paclite), seen again as the GT-J4L in SS09 in Pro Shell with gravity pockets and (internal?) Jacketsling before morphing into the Interops monster that is the GT-J28 in FW1213. I believe it uses the same modified Bundeswehr monobody block as the GT-J34, which is larger than the usual ACRNM cuts. As you can see from the caucasian model wearing the black J28-E; in one shot you can see that the sleeve ends near his left thumb nail. The taller Errolson has no such problems of course, which for me it shows that sizing up slightly looks great on most Acronym garments but the reverse isn't always true; e.g. some of Havenshop's fits. 

The KG (Kimono Gusset) did not exist before SS12. The first jackets to made in that block were the J22, J27 and E-J23. 

As for disliking exposed external pockets, TIMDOT you are hardly in the minority, but for me, these jackets are the core to Acronym's design philosophy and no Acronym collection is complete without one; whereas for SISP, no collection is complete without a jacket with concealed internal pockets!  

for me, these jackets are the core to Acronym's design philosophy and no Acronym collection is complete without one

Same here, which is why I'm keen to get my hands on a GT one. Something so overbuilt that would make a soldier look ill-equipped. 

Some of us have no choice but to size up slightly. Case in point, the Caucasian ACRNM model is shorter than Errolson, but he probably looks better wearing M than he does wearing S, even if the sleeves are slightly on the long side and the pants bunching up more. Some shops post fit pics of their models sizing down slightly, while the fit is more traditional they just don't look as good. In the old days, Errolson himself would go up a size. But there are exceptions of course, like blazers.

Hugh is 182cm / 5'11". My size S is a bit long for me too. One way around it is you could try not zipping the ankle zips all the way down. Or you could try a size S. Might be a little short though...

I'm guessing this guy is around 179cm? This is how ACR in size S fits me and while it's not a perfect fit like Errolson's it's not too bad. Better than a little too small. 

ACR-SS14-267_1024x1024.jpg?v=1400012976

Edited by cmdR