Acronym.

Westbrook

Can someone with a pair of p9-s (FW1314)--Raf Green and Black-- in size medium provide me with in-hand measurements? (Please don't refer me to a measurement table.) Most important are waist and inseam. If it's possible to get front and rear rise, great. Thanks. 

(Please communicate via PM.) 

My girlfriend has been looking for a few ACR pieces - no luck so far so I thought I'd see if any of you can help out. I'm all about her getting into techwear, so I'm hoping I can find her something.

She's looking for an (S)S-CP2F, or a GT-J18F, size small if anyone knows where to look. Thanks :)

My girlfriend has been looking for a few ACR pieces - no luck so far so I thought I'd see if any of you can help out. I'm all about her getting into techwear, so I'm hoping I can find her something.

She's looking for an (S)S-CP2F, or a GT-J18F, size small if anyone knows where to look. Thanks :)

GT-J18F size small is in stock on their webstore:

http://www.acrnm.com/collections/womens/products/gt-j18f

ss10 collection

White-like sample! Errolson did the white color under the same way as, for example, and acronym s-j14! In ss'10 were available in black, beige and olive color!

22937b628808.jpg

Edited by DevilsDancer

Got me E-j27. Wasnt expecting it to have an escape zip seeing as it doesn't mention it on the store and has a zip garage, which is probably there to stop your chin rubbing on it. 

I will be wearing it with the hood packed, unlike my j36, am still figuring out how to roll it up perfectly. I know there was discussion on here about the sleeve tabs and rolling up the sleeves but after reading it I am still failing. it would be great if someone could post a pic or two on how to do it.

Seems to me that all (new) ACR products include either the Escape Zip, or a two-way zip. The two-way zips are used on coat and blazer type garments, as well as many soft shells (J25, J5). The Escape Zip is used for hard and light shell 'outer layer' type garments. 

I got my p10-s large today and am very happy with the fit. The waist is in fact larger than stated on the acrnm website, as I expected. I measured 18.25"/46.3cm laid flat and aligned.

I also love walking around and realizing how freely I can actually move in these. Swung my foot up as high as I could and it was like I was wearing nothing.

Now time to find a nice belt..

I got my p10-s large today and am very happy with the fit. The waist is in fact larger than stated on the acrnm website, as I expected. I measured 18.25"/46.3cm laid flat and aligned.

I also love walking around and realizing how freely I can actually move in these. Swung my foot up as high as I could and it was like I was wearing nothing.

Now time to find a nice belt..

cool, this pretty much happened to me I ordered the large and the waist seems actually a little bit larger.I'm thinking about getting them tailored. Im also looking to get the p10-e in medium but just hesitant right now, if the waist is a little bit larger on those like the p-10s I should be good to go with the medium.

enjoy the pants, I still have yet to wear mines!

The sizing for this season's P10-E match all previous P10 size charts. Can anyone else chime in, are this season's P10 genuinely larger than previous P10 or is the sizing info simply incorrect for all seasons?

An edited response to a conversation with TresUnCool on my opinion of the j27-E:

• The horizontal pockets are a bit of a pain to take things in and out of. To imagine what it's like take the back of your right hand and place it on your right rib cage with your fingers pointing downwards, this is pretty much the position you have to do to get things out of the pocket and its a bit awkward. 
  • Using your right hand to get things out of the left horizontal pocket is just as awkward and you will have to do this because 3A bags cover the right horizontal pocket, if that applies.
  • In all honesty the material is too hot for 20+ degrees Celsius weather. My black goretex jackets fare better.

• Compared to goretex the epic material picks up more dust but it can be vigorously wiped off. Avoid picking up big bits of MDF, like I did   -_-.

Other than that, it is a pretty good jacket. The vertical pockets are quite big and are much more accessible. The material is very soft and comfortable. The fit looks very good (I am 6ft, got a medium) and feels loose but not saggy as I had previously thought it looked. All the other features(/gimmciks) of the jacket work well, the hood, the escape zip (there are four popper buttons that run along the zip), the gravity pocket and the tightening hem.

All in all I wish the material of the jacket was more versatile (was goretex).

Edited by TIMDOT

Hey TIMDOT, thanks for the thoughts!

I don't have the J27, but I've always assumed that the the side pockets are one big pocket with multiple entry points? Or are they 2 separate pockets, holster and side?

Yes they are two separate pockets. __ Horizontal=above  | Vertical=underneath.

Also to note; the top flap which covers the horizontal pocket is larger than the actual entrance to the pocket, which has probably been done for aesthetic purposes.

When you put your hand into the vertical pocket there is space inside the pocket that extends backwards underneath the horizontal pocket and then some.

Ah yeah I see what you mean, I've always liked that cavernous side pocket design, really useful. Like a "jutsu", the holster pockets would probably get less awkward with practice, I think. But great jacket man, would've totally copped it if I didn't have a few other KG blocks already.  

Btw. in response to your earlier question, you hitch the sleeves by bunching them up and connecting the sleeve hitch tabs to the velcro patch on the sleeves. You have to compress/bunch them quite a bit. 

Edited by cmdR

An edited response to a conversation with TresUnCool on my opinion of the j27-E:

• The horizontal pockets are a bit of a pain to take things in and out of. To imagine what it's like take the back of your right hand and place it on your right rib cage with your fingers pointing downwards, this is pretty much the position you have to do to get things out of the pocket and its a bit awkward. 
  • Using your right hand to get things out of the left horizontal pocket is just as awkward and you will have to do this because 3A bags cover the right horizontal pocket, if that applies.
  • In all honesty the material is too hot for 20+ degrees Celsius weather. My black goretex jackets fare better.

• Compared to goretex the epic material picks up more dust but it can be vigorously wiped off. Avoid picking up big bits of MDF, like I did   -_-.

Other than that, it is a pretty good jacket. The vertical pockets are quite big and are much more accessible. The material is very soft and comfortable. The fit looks very good (I am 6ft, got a medium) and feels loose but not saggy as I had previously thought it looked. All the other features(/gimmciks) of the jacket work well, the hood, the escape zip (there are four popper buttons that run along the zip), the gravity pocket and the tightening hem.

All in all I wish the material of the jacket was more versatile (was goretex).

Received my J27-E few days ago and I have to say I agree to all of those points and you seem like quite an expert with acronym (or 'urban tech wear'). This is my first piece of acronym - and probably not the last cause I love this jacket - and have a question about the material.

Can't find any information about the 'Epic cotton' and was wondering if you have experience with this jacket in rain? As I recall it's water resistant, but does that mean I can take a shower in it and it won't let water through or does it just keep you dry to a certain point?

And have to agree the jacket is more suited for autumn and chilly spring days. Think I'll even wear mine a good part of the winter too, since I've experienced the jacket is very wind 'resistant'. 

WilliamL: Check back a bit in this thread for lots of discussion on Epic and comparisons to other fabrics.

Short story: Water will roll off for a while, then it'll get wet. It won't leak much though. Epic generally dries pretty quickly as well. 

WilliamL: Check back a bit in this thread for lots of discussion on Epic and comparisons to other fabrics.

Short story: Water will roll off for a while, then it'll get wet. It won't leak much though. Epic generally dries pretty quickly as well. 

Thanks Tao  B)

Don't know why I didn't use the search function earlier though. 

Much older Acronym designs had a the same sleeve cover (but not leather) which did not cover a sown-on pocket. There was a secondary arm-pocket you could buy that would tuck under the sleeve to keep covered from the elements. It provides a bit of weather protection on the new designs as well. It's not real leather, and it's actually quite malleable so you can move it up easily to access the pocket. Obviously it's not as easy to get to the pocket as it would be if the leather wasn't there, but it doesn't put up much resistance.

You can see one of the early designs in this vid.

Edited by Sypron

Does anyone happen to know the make/model of these sunglasses?  

21.jpg

So I skimmed through the whole thread and I don't think this has been mentioned before but is there a point to the leather on jackets like the j38-s and j1a-s? If anything it seems to partially block the pocket there

From what I gather, the sleeve helps conceal the content of the pocket, e.g. a folded and stowed hood, so it doesn't protrude as much. 

WHAT ELSE? | Errolson Hugh

REjRl5ul.jpg

There’s a quote that says the work that goes into Acronym® garments has “more thought than the Pentagon put into the invasion in Iraq.†There’s no doubt Acronym® co-founder Errolson Hugh puts every ounce of his vast knowledge and skill set into everything he creates, and there’s no denying he’s one of the most important fashion designers working today. But that comparison is kind of like comparing his work to a guy flipping great burgers.

We recently met on a Saturday for lunch in Berlin, where he kind of lives...