Acronym.

Westbrook

Cayce Pollard FTW!

Ironically, I think Cayce would probaby not give a shit about Acronym, urban techwear, etc. If I remember, Gibson characterized her as a person who just didn't want other brands getting free advertising off her existence. I always thought of her as a thrift-store using roadie wearing all black, as opposed to a superfuturian beasting over new jawns. 

I figure if I can find the cheapest price for what I want to buy it makes sense. Do you like paying more for shit that's cheaper elsewhere? 

I do that shit all the time, because I don't want to live in a world where your two choices are Amazon and Walmart.  I have many friends who own stores, are in bands, write books etc and they don't fit in that world.

Do whatever you need to do, just understand there is a social cost involved

Case in point - for those in the US, mail ordering ACR by proxy from a place halfway around the world so you can duck customs means the few stores here that stock it can't compete and they will hence not choose to stock it in the future.  Decreased revenue from retail customers leads to only being able to buy from acrnm.com because ACR doesn't want to have to deal with terms.  And that decision triggers crying that that's the only place you can buy it from and it's "unfair" because you now have to pay the full duty that the local stockists had to cover, which made it too "expensive" for you to buy in the first place.

I grant that it's not the cheapest stuff to buy so I yet again recommend you stick to the secondhand market if you're such a skinflint you want to nickle and dime the very people who are trying to make Acronym more accessible on the retail market

Edited by readytoignite

Quick update on the P14-S: ACR did some crazy rapid pant re-deployment. Got the size L in the house already. Took a bit of a chance on this (vs refund) but I'm glad I did.

The difference is huge. Firstly, they actually fit. Secondly, the freedom of motion on these is very close to the P9. As Errolson said: similar but different. The M pair didn't have that effect for me. The difference between the "kinetic pattern" working and not is apparently pretty subtle.

I like the narrower hem. For me it means being able to wear them more easily with dress shoes and other less sneakery stuff. Deep pockets are fun as is the hidden pocketlet on the left side. The rise is quite high as mentioned. For me it may mean not tucking my shirt with these (not that I would otherwise). Recommend.

Edited by TaoSpace

Ironically, I think Cayce would probaby not give a shit about Acronym, urban techwear, etc. If I remember, Gibson characterized her as a person who just didn't want other brands getting free advertising off her existence. I always thought of her as a thrift-store using roadie wearing all black, as opposed to a superfuturian beasting over new jawns. 

Not too sure, potential spoiler, but the latter reveal in Zero History might prove otherwise. 

EDIT: /sry, I realize that's too fucking cryptic but I didn't want to be the dick: a. that spoils it for people, b. assumes everyone here has read it. It's a bit telegraphed though, esp. if you've read the first two in the series, but still.. blablabla.. blabla bla bla.. *lone WG circle jerk*

Edited by WillKhitie

I do that shit all the time, because I don't want to live in a world where your two choices are Amazon and Walmart.  I have many friends who own stores, are in bands, write books etc and they don't fit in that world.

Do whatever you need to do, just understand there is a social cost involved

Case in point - for those in the US, mail ordering ACR by proxy from a place halfway around the world so you can duck customs means the few stores here that stock it can't compete and they will hence not choose to stock it in the future.  Decreased revenue from retail customers leads to only being able to buy from acrnm.com because ACR doesn't want to have to deal with terms.  And that decision triggers crying that that's the only place you can buy it from and it's "unfair" because you now have to pay the full duty that the local stockists had to cover, which made it too "expensive" for you to buy in the first place.

I grant that it's not the cheapest stuff to buy so I yet again recommend you stick to the secondhand market if you're such a skinflint you want to nickle and dime the very people who are trying to make Acronym more accessible on the retail market

How many people are actually proxying Acronym from Australia to avoid VAT or customs? I can't imaging that it's a significant amount of people. Not to mention that retail stores are taking a cut from Acronym when they sell their products. If it's sold only through Acronym then couldn't those savings be passed down to the consumer? Has it been confirmed that Acronym has ceased giving new product to other dealers indefinitely, or just SS14? 

Makes me bloody weep.

Someone out there sell me theirs in XL please.

Man they must have used some crazy lighting in that shot to make the Olive seem so bright, Also you'll prolly cry if i told you how many of that jacket was actually made in sz XL.  Took me over a year to find one, three months to backtrace an old Ebay auction and then the person who had it would only trade for the jacket in a smaller size.  Actually traded it with one of the owners of Flightclub. 

Man they must have used some crazy lighting in that shot to make the Olive seem so bright, Also you'll prolly cry if i told you how many of that jacket was actually made in sz XL.  Took me over a year to find one, three months to backtrace an old Ebay auction and then the person who had it would only trade for the jacket in a smaller size.  Actually traded it with one of the owners of Flightclub. 

I know, I sadly had to sell one of my older jackets the E-J1A and really want another, but the S-J is the holy grail.

Gives me a glimmer of hope ! 

I know, I sadly had to sell one of my older jackets the E-J1A and really want another, but the S-J is the holy grail.

Gives me a glimmer of hope ! 

I have the E-J1A aswell.  As for the S-J1A here's the deal. NINE made total TWO had production errors and never made it out of the factory So there's SIX XL out there (plus the one i have) So best advice i can give you is contacting ACR and figure out which stores got sent XL's and then try and go from there.  

Long time lurker here.

Someone earlier mentioned the Acronym 'Relax' Magazine article from quite a few years back. Scans of this article were at one point available on the net. However, all I can find now are dead links or thumbnail images.

Would anyone happen to have saved these scans when they were available?

Thanks.

Well, it's all moot now that Errolson has gone the direct sales route only anyway. 

Paying import duties can be a pain, but I know I'm not the only civil servant in this thread (what's up Tek?) and that money goes into the big pool that pays our respective salaries. Would be hypocritical to still take .gov money without doing so.

Edited by Dr Jonboy

Quick update on the P14-S: ACR did some crazy rapid pant re-deployment. Got the size L in the house already. Took a bit of a chance on this (vs refund) but I'm glad I did.

The difference is huge. Firstly, they actually fit. Secondly, the freedom of motion on these is very close to the P9. As Errolson said: similar but different. The M pair didn't have that effect for me. The difference between the "kinetic pattern" working and not is apparently pretty subtle.

I like the narrower hem. For me it means being able to wear them more easily with dress shoes and other less sneakery stuff. Deep pockets are fun as is the hidden pocketlet on the left side. The rise is quite high as mentioned. For me it may mean not tucking my shirt with these (not that I would otherwise). Recommend.

Out of interest how tall are you? My problem at 5'7" and 30" inseam is that a size M is too long, which is OK with the P9 because they're pretty simple to hem but I think it means I'll never be able to wear the P10 (probably a bit too big in the waist to get away with a S, but then again the M is still quite loose despite supposedly being a 32" waist. 

I remember reading that article few years ago, that Erolson-Nakamura thing is interesting, is there any detailed info on that?

Also, as much as I like the ACRNM logo, I'm all for the "no logo" approach.

He took a duck in the face at 250 knots...he took a duck in the face at 250 knots...

We all know Errolson being the face of ACRONYM, but there is very little in the way of information regarding his ACRNM partner, Michaela Sachenbacher

Can anyone shed more light on this stealthy individual and her part in the whole scheme of things, it make for an interesting read, credit where credit is due and all that!

You are being one of those weirdos on the Internet. Maybe think about not being one?