Acronym.

Westbrook

20% off acronym at firmament for those interested.. theyre also willing to mark down. snagged the p10-s for a decent deal.

You beat me to the P10-S in large then. If they don't fit, let me know and I'll gladly have them off you for what you paid dude.

Can anyone with CH bottoms comment on how they wear? Im contemplating offloading a bunch of DRKSHDW bottoms to buy the P15. Worried that S might be to warm for somebody mostly in the equator.

WB-400 would be way too hot for the tropics IMO.

WB-400 would be way too hot for the tropics IMO.

The P15-CH is not WB-400. It's a new type of unlaminated stretch Schoeller we haven't seen. Errolson reckons it might work better in the tropics. In my (limited to mainly jackets) experience, CH-type fabrics generally wears very well. perhaps Tao or someone else with more knowledge can weigh in on this.

The CH fabrics ACR has used up to this point would not necessarily be a good match for warm temperatures. 

SS13's CH fabric is fairly light, but I'd still prefer my J23-E jacket-wise. Even better this season would be the SISP Fishtail Parka, if you want a really light Errolson-designed piece. Compresses well so you can stuff it in a go-bag.

CH generally wears really well. I've been wearing my J25 regularly since it first came out and it still looks like new. My wife wears her JF1B pretty much every day and there isn't a mark on it. That includes dealing with kids and their ability to both summon dirt, grease and sticky-stuff out of thin air and transfer it to you in bulk in a microsecond. Never felt any need to wash either of them (I mean the jackets, not the kids obviously).

Unlaminated Schoeller could be really interesting. That would make it somewhat like Outlier's fabrics (one would assume), i.e. what they call "4-way stretch". I wore a pair of their shorts in that fabric on a trip to Indonesia and they worked well.

I might as well chime in here. I'm a Queenslander, which means hot and humid most of the year. The winters are different; just hot. 

While I do own quite a few ACR pieces now, in quite a few fabrics, I don't wear them often. Mostly because it's too hot. I can't wait to move somewhere else. If you ever think of Australia as being some tropical, mild paradise know that sweating at 2am because it's still 32 degrees and 80% humidity is not fun. But I digress.

I think part of the problem with some CH items is the ENERGEAR backer. I say 'problem', but I'm sure it's fantastic in cooler weather. They're crazy insulators, but insulation isn't what you want when it's hot. 

But 'CH' designates loads of textiles. The CH from SS-12 and SS-14, "schoeller® 3XDRY COTTON | NYLON STRETCH", is fantastic in hot weather. Feels a bit like a denim in terms of climate, very pleasant to wear.

Edited by Sypron

First post :ol 

I was thinking of buying the Ej27 but am not sure of the durability. The last two jackets ive dropped a fair-bita-dough on were goretex, a veilance field jacket which I wore almost everyday for a year until I got a J36-gt, semi-retiring the field jacket. I have subsequently not taken off the j36 since then. Both have held up well. Both need a wash.

I would like to hear about other peoples experiences with the EPIC material, things like, how does each colour fade black vs olive? Could I wear it everyday for a year? If not, when is the exact date it is unreasonable to cake it for any longer?

I am still kicking myself over not buying the goretex J27.

First post :ol 

I was thinking of buying the Ej27 but am not sure of the durability. The last two jackets ive dropped a fair-bita-dough on were goretex, a veilance field jacket which I wore almost everyday for a year until I got a J36-gt, semi-retiring the field jacket. I have subsequently not taken off the j36 since then. Both have held up well. Both need a wash.

I would like to hear about other peoples experiences with the EPIC material, things like, how does each colour fade black vs olive? Could I wear it everyday for a year? If not, when is the exact date it is unreasonable to cake it for any longer?

I am still kicking myself over not buying the goretex J27.

On page 70 someone showed their epic trousers which were faded and someones solution was to use simplicol, a DIY dye. I have no problem w/ getting the black J27-E, wearing it out and having to do this procedure. My problem w/ getting the black is that I would then have three jackets that all look the same. Also I remember someone saying that Errolson said that black epic faded differently or less.

So my question now is, whether to get the black or olive or at all seeing as I dont really like the idea of it fading at all?

Sidenote: The GTj27 looks a lot more solid and so do the details whereas the Ej27 looks saggy IMHO.

26.jpg ACR-SS14-314_grande.jpg?v=1394668662

I can understand acrnm.com being an issue for all you non EU customers especially if you buy, try, then return after it does not fit only to have had to be hit with import duty, however don't you get it less 19/20% anyhow a we always pay VAT here in the UK os that hike is already built in.

or am I missing something?

Does make it a bit iffy to impulse buy I can appreciate.

some guy said that he got hit w/ $600 in fees

20% of the most expensive item on the site right now is not even half that

ppl dont want to get a nasty surprise asking for more money. I think more ppl would be fine with knowing up front how much an item would be w/all fees included rather than buying it right now and then getting a notice asking them to pay x amount more for fees

Edited by Thatboyo

some guy said that he got hit w/ $600 in fees

20% of the most expensive item on the site right now is not even half that

ppl dont want to get a nasty surprise asking for more money. I think more ppl would be fine with knowing up front how much an item would be w/all fees included rather than buying it right now and then getting a notice asking them to pay x amount more for fees

pretty much this

I think I'll just get a proxy to fulfill my orders. (If a shop uses UPS I'm forced to go 2 hours out of my way after work on Friday to pick up my parcel, and then suck the fat fees dick on top. Makes for a pretty shitty day, especially if it doesn't work out.)

Well now we've heard from Europe, UK and US. Anyone else want to chime in on importation procedures? We might find some way to collectively reduce purchasing costs for absolutely-certain buys. For instance, you could feasibly use an Aussie proxy for shipments worth less than 1,000AUD, since they enter Australia without being taxed by either country. After that they could be sent around the world at less-than-full-value, at the buyer's own risk. You pay double the shipping but that's cheaper than $600 in fees.

Bear in mind that even with those $600 fees I still paid about the same or a little less than if I'd bought the jacket from a retail store here in the US. 

When Bodega or Union or Darkside imports Acronym they pay those import duties too, which get passed on to the consumer.