Acronym.

Westbrook

Hoped to have gone to Stone Island tonight in London to chat with Errolson - I think I knew before he did that he was meant to be there!!

Annoyingly though I could not get the time off work, as I am working the night shift, all work an no play eh?

Still, I am intrigued by the comment:

I3Oq5DF.gif

SOME REAL UNIQUE AND PROGRESSIVE THINGS ARE BEING ACCOMPLISHED AT ACRONYM. STAY TUNED.

Would also like some clarification - go on, do tell !

Intrigued also at the new materials being used on the 3rd Arm line, the leather(or-so-it-appears) looks interesting but I do love that chrome job 3A-1 total non stealth which I really like, flipping the concept on it's head as such.

Question for those who own a GT-J29A, is there an easy way to put on the jacket? Right now putting on the sleeves and then the jacket itself seems like a hassle to me. Is there a shortcut way that I am not aware of?

Attach the sleeves to the jacket using the velcro tab through the top loophole near collar (not the jacketsling loop hole). This way you can put on the sleeves and jacket at the same time. 

Hoped to have gone to Stone Island tonight in London to chat with Errolson - I think I knew before he did that he was meant to be there!!

Annoyingly though I could not get the time off work, as I am working the night shift, all work an no play eh?

Still, I am intrigued by the comment:

Would also like some clarification - go on, do tell !

Intrigued also at the new materials being used on the 3rd Arm line, the leather(or-so-it-appears) looks interesting but I do love that chrome job 3A-1 total non stealth which I really like, flipping the concept on it's head as such.

That's not leather and not 'new' 3rd Arm ;)

Those bags are (very) old limonta versions, back in tha days when they used that version it didn't develop a patina but wore off to a more leather-looking shine fabric.

Those bags are (very) old limonta versions, back in tha days when they used that version it didn't develop a patina but wore off to a more leather-looking shine fabric.

Oh good. 

I know lots of you guys like the Limonata, but for me X-PAC is the only way to go. Can't wait to finally get my hands on a 3A-1, or 3A-3TS. I still can't decide!

The first Acronym anything I ever saw in person was a Limonta 3A-1, in 2007. The cloth looked terribly heavy and military to me, reminded me too much of 1970s-issue Canadian Army rucksacks, and I was, shall we say, unimpressed with the overall look of the thing. When the Polyant stuff came out, though, my interest was provoked. Loved the look, the thinness, and the lack of weight. Got me thinking that I needed a messenger bag again, after two decades of small packsacks. Simultaneously, sudden business and family travel circumstances mandated a need for a grown-up's bag instead of a packsack, and I started looking hard at Haven's pictures of the 3A lineup.

Didn't need a big one. Would have gone 3TS if the interior had been white. Having sworn to never buy another piece of luggage with a dark interior ever again, I went with an 8TS because of its white liner. The extra volume more than compensates for the extra bulk, and with its white stomach lining, I can lay hands on everything in it, first stab.

Might be volumetric overkill if you don't regularly carry a water bottle, sunglass case, Gore-Tex shell in a stuffsack, and occasionally a rangefinder camera, but for my climate and purposes, it's near-ideal.

Only thing I'd change would be to have the black modular hanging pocket that Velcros in between the liner and the bag made out of a white cloth. That pocket is handy as hell for pen, notepad, keys, and headache pills, and I do wish I didn't have to fish ineffectually in its dark depths every time a lingerie model asks me for an ibuprofen or my phone number.

(Deeply-biased luggage slut ruminating on closed course. Your mileage may vary.)

Only thing I'd change would be to have the black modular hanging pocket that Velcros in between the liner and the bag made out of a white cloth. That pocket is handy as hell for pen, notepad, keys, and headache pills, and I do wish I didn't have to fish ineffectually in its dark depths every time a lingerie model asks me for an ibuprofen or my phone number.

I think this is perhaps what the tec sys is for. You snap a mini pocket on the outside for those little bits and pieces you want to find in a pinch.

Couldn't agree with Misanthropod more. Internal Tec-sys would be great and have suggested as much to Errolson in the past. Sure the external tecsys works, but it doesn't work for everything. The 3A-1's internal pockets are super useful and having any kind of internal storage solution for the larger bags would be awesome. I wonder if something like that exists in the military after-market space...

Couldn't agree with Misanthropod more. Internal Tec-sys would be great and have suggested as much to Errolson in the past. Sure the external tecsys works, but it doesn't work for everything. The 3A-1's internal pockets are super useful and having any kind of internal storage solution for the larger bags would be awesome. I wonder if something like that exists in the military after-market space...

. You'd have to install velcro internally on the ACR bag or make something like an internal frame sheet with mounted velcro, but it could work. Anyway, just throwing it out there if you weren't aware of this option

khard-45-wolf-medic-fully-opened-showing

Hi Larssss,

That's indeed interesting. What I guess me (and Misanthropod too I think) were thinking was having modular bags like these, but with a little strip/flap on one of the sides. That flap would then have velcro on both sides. This velcro can then be wedged between the bag and the liner, since these are already attached via velcro to begin with. In essence the module would hang from the flap, attached to between the bag and the line and hanging into the bag itself. 

What you're all describing for the bags sounds like the handbag inserts my wife sometimes uses to keep things organized in particularly voluminous handbags.

For large bags in general, smaller organizing pouches are usually a good idea. For example, I can't pack for travel now without using Flight 001 spacepaks: http://www.flight001.com/all-products/spacepak.html

You know it makes sense.

Would integrating BagJack accessories alleviate the problem?

It works. I have several Bagjack modular packs, like this: https://www.bagjackshop.com/en/classics/modules-supplies/inner-modules/inner-pocket-l/a-434/ , and they all work with the Acronym internal construction.  Works well as an internal tec-sys system, and is cheaper than acronym alternatives for slightly heavier functionality.

edit: more details: it works with the internal acronym velcro attachments, which are exactly the same as bagjack. I don't mind paying a premium for external Acronym attachments, just purchased a 3A-MK1, but Acronym doesn't do internal organization and it wasn't a bad price. I have the bagjack laptop case vs. acronym, didn't feel like paying more for a few grams lightweight difference for X-pac.

Edited by Just Another XY

Bagjack is producint a lot of the Acronym bags. So some of their stuff is compatible. Bags are really well made. Have seen producing them last year in Berlin at a Bike Show.

Have received my P14 yesterday. Great trouser. I like it. Cut a little higher so great for business too

Next releases would be interesting to see as well. I am not so much into the chrome bags but if someone likes OK

Source? 

Those bags do look like old Limonta (laminate) versions, but the lack of outward branding on the QLRQ pull tab and the ACR label on the side of the pouch would indicate that it is a current iteration, not "(very) old Limonta versions". Errolson has said that Limonta will come back, maybe this is the season for it.  

Hey All,

Quick heads up on the P14-S. Just got it and it is (as advertised) a very different fit from a P9 or P10.

So far I've been an M in all ACR pants, but this one doesn't fit me. The reason is the much higher rise. The P9 and 10 ride on the hips, the P14 well above that. It closes but only barely and sitting down is not a pleasure. Not sure losing more weight (if I could) would solve it for me either, unless I also compress some organs. I'll be returning mine and possibly sizing up.

YMMV.

The pant itself looks great by the way. Slimmer than a P9 throughout. It's a sharp look. The deep pockets are indeed fairly large (mainly because there is more room across compared to previous generation) and the left pocket has a hidden extra compartment, roughly the size and shape of the phone pocket on the right, except it's completely internal.

Yup completely accurate. The outseam is long because of the high rise. The inseam is the same as the P10.

If anyone in the US wants them, before I ship them back, head on over to the sales thread.

Edited by TaoSpace

hey great info taospace, Im about to pull the trigger on the p 10-e  size medium. last time I ordered the p10-s size L and the waist was too big by a little/ length too long. I Think the medium should be good this time around. Do you mind me asking how much you got charged by customs if you're in the U.S like me too?  I tried playing around with a duty calculator figured customs could charge  about 200$ ( i hope not 600$) lol.

Edited by noteed

I have recognized the same for my P14 it is higher than the P9 and I would go one size up as well. Like the pant very much and hope for some great additional stuff in the next days.

Regarding fit pics. I guess this does´t help because the pictures from Acronym shows everything and are much better.

If it's going on sale then I guess they don't plan on stocking any new releases as well. The rumour that only new releases will be sold through acronym directly is true?

Would keep your heads up for any other webstores to follow suit and start marking down items...