Acronym.

Westbrook

I'm 6'0, 42" chest and I sized up to the XL to comfortably layer under the FW1314 CP2-SS. At the end of the day, it's a loose fitting vest/cape and you can comfortably get away with a slightly bigger fit, in my opinion. Saying that, are you really a 49" chest with a 31" waist? I'm guessing you gotta lift to have a chest that big?

Hey, would anyone be able to comment on the fit of the SS-CP2 or S-CP2? I'm 5'11, 49 chest, 31 waist and I'm not sure what size I should be aiming for. I like the way it fits Errolson on the acrnm site and I remember reading that he's 5'8 and wearing a medium in the photo, so should I size up to a large?

haha judging from your WAYWT you definitely don't have a 49" chest. you're probably fine with a small. 

haha judging from your WAYWT you definitely don't have a 49" chest. you're probably fine with a small. 

I'm 6'0, 42" chest and I sized up to the XL to comfortably layer under the FW1314 CP2-SS. At the end of the day, it's a loose fitting vest/cape and you can comfortably get away with a slightly bigger fit, in my opinion. Saying that, are you really a 49" chest with a 31" waist? I'm guessing you gotta lift to have a chest that big?

Haha typo, meant '39. Thanks for the info! Definitely would like this in a loose fit - in my opinion it looks really odd on the Haven model in a size small. 

Haha typo, meant '39. Thanks for the info! Definitely would like this in a loose fit - in my opinion it looks really odd on the Haven model in a size small.

I'm 6' 165 and about a 38/39 chest and have a medium. I don't have a problem layering it over jackets. It's smaller from shoulder to shoulder than other jackets I have, but due to the construction it doesn't make it tight.

You've got pretty similar measurements to me and I'd recommend a medium as well.

Out of curiousity; the two fits are 'profile' and Bundeswehr correct? Because I bought a GT-29A in large and that barely gave me room to move with layers. 

Out of curiousity; the two fits are 'profile' and Bundeswehr correct? Because I bought a GT-29A in large and that barely gave me room to move with layers. 

No, there's the KG fit block as well as on the J36-GT, J32-GT, etc. I don't believe the J29/J29A isn't really designed for much layering, it's a more sartorial fit. You either end up with a bigger blazer look or a tailored look depending on how you size.

No, there's the KG fit block as well as on the J36-GT, J32-GT, etc. I don't believe the J29/J29A isn't really designed for much layering, it's a more sartorial fit. You either end up with a bigger blazer look or a tailored look depending on how you size.

Ah jesus, the Acronym rabbit hole goes down far deeper than I thought. Thanks.

No, there's the KG fit block as well as on the J36-GT, J32-GT, etc.

Can attest that the KG block they used for the J32 does indeed allow for moderate puffy-fleece layering, and I say this as someone who enjoys both push-ups and beer. A proper ectomorph could expect far more room.

Absolutely cannot wear anything "Profile."

There are days when I've eaten too much that I can't wear my medium -29A :( 

Oh to be in my 20s and whip thin again.

With the imminent release of new 3A stock (purportedly), I'm trying to work out whether to get a 3A-1 or 3A-3TS.

The 3A-1 seems to have an extra zip compartment on the side that the 3TS lacks, and also has an integrated earphone cable port (which would admittedly probably go unused for me). If I did get the 3TS I would buy a 3A-MK2 as well to hold my tablet, which the 3A-1 comes with. 

I might also pick up a 3A-5TS, 3A-8TS or even possibly the 3A-5TSR. If I did get one of these, I would be able to use the same modules for both it and the 3TS.

Can anyone whose owned both help me decide?

Never understood the TSR. The suede seems fragile and seems to serve little purpose. Otherwise it's pretty much a 5TS. The 8TS is great for everyday use with a 13" laptop and daily bits like scarf, beanie, sunglasses and a compressible jacket like a j32. The 5TS is much larger. Great for a weekend or when transporting stuff. Decide based on what use you're thinking of.

Syphon: that's how I remember it though it could be some kind of microfiber as well. It has that type of texture. Maybe someone else here knows for sure.

The price difference between the TS and TSR is pretty big too btw.

Edited by TaoSpace

Never understood the TSR. The suede seems fragile and seems to serve little purpose. Otherwise it's pretty much a 5TS. The 8TS is great for everyday use with a 13" laptop and daily bits like scarf, beanie, sunglasses and a compressible jacket like a j32. The 5TS is much larger. Great for a weekend or when transporting stuff. Decide based on what use you're thinking of.

Fyi the 5TSR is susceptible to raw denim dye transfer.  Learned this the hard way.

That olive colour is great. So I guess the big question is how good of a material is epic supposed to be? Doesn't it fade pretty badly? Will scoop up another pair of the p10 if someone can confirm otherwise...

edit: check out that aluminum foil 3a-1

zr42cbf.png

Edited by hooper