Acronym.

Westbrook

I found bodega to be the cheapest place to purchase anything from last season from for anyone in the US. AFAIK firmament will mark down your packages for you if you ask. I think someone here mentioned that before. From twitter I interpreted SS14 to just mean next season. Restocks would be cool too. I want to grab another pair of the P10-S,  easily my most favourite piece of clothing I own.

Edited by hooper

Some categories are as high as 35% iirc - I vaguely recall this being particularly true with any apparel from synthetic fibers

If this is a major issue for anyone, i would recommend sticking with the secondhand market

I think it was in 2011 when I first noticed customs being taken seriously with Firmament shipments, before then $500+ shipments were just that 20% off from EU prices. Post 2011 I started getting slapped with 25-35% levies that were just annoying to receive after paying $$$ for goods. I just like paying everything up front instead of patchwork payments.

Edited by Just Another XY

East Dane wanted me to pay 50% of the total price in import duties at checkout on a Veilance jacket.
I contacted them about this and they told me all the necessary info was put into a "calculator" and spat out this number and that if it was incorrect I'd be refunded the difference.

yashure, tanks.

Also, Firmament said they'd gladly help me out by declaring a lower price for customs…then didn't. (Not that they owed me anything by doing so…just saying.)

Edited by TresUnCool

I'd also recommend this approach. Recently washed a bunch of goretex, polartec, and schoeller garments with Nikwax's tech wash followed by ReviveX spray and they're repelling water just like they should. Don't forget to throw stuff in the dryer between the wash and the DWRing.

Tried Nikwax spray and it didn't quite worked how I hoped it would. I guess on to the next treatment...

has anybody purchased from acronym.de and shipped to USA?

I know customs will take a beating, but about how much are you out for?

Thanks.

Unfortunately the duty depends on what you've ordered. A jacket made from synthetic materials will be subject to different import duty than something cotton. IIRC I had to pay ~$700 fees when my GT-J29a came in.

Unfortunately the duty depends on what you've ordered. A jacket made from synthetic materials will be subject to different import duty than something cotton. IIRC I had to pay ~$700 fees when my GT-J29a came in.

Jesus...

I need to quit this game.

Is this the year that there'll finally be a good 3A backpack? I'd be fine with a ~25l version of the 3A7 (anyone ever seen a used original up for sale, btw?). I'm torn between having my Northern Isle repaired, biting the bullet and just getting a cheesy North Face Crevasse or something (but no), and just giving up. Not that I'm holding out much hope (there's certainly no sign of any forthcoming Bagjack backpacks), but it's nice to dream.

Steph: Bagjack lists two upcoming backpacks on their site. NXL Stealth Tec skidcat and rucksack.

I think those are just permutations on existing Bagjack models though, and are just doing different coloration/fidlock usage. http://www.bagjackshop.com/en/classics/backpack/

Rapha does a good tech pack: http://www.rapha.cc/us/en/shop/rapha-backpack/product/BPK01

It's < 20L though, and not Acronym, sorry.

hey guys, recently got the p10s in large, and it  feels like  i should have gotten a medium because the inseam is much shorter on those 83 cm vs 86cm.  I dont know if i should return them (medium is sold out everywhere) or most likely keep them and maybe get them tailored - hemmed/ or provide all measurements to basically make these a medium if that is possible at all (i know this sounds crazy and is a risk)  heres some pics of the pants zipped and unzipped at the hem. let me know what you guys think/ suggest, thanks!

Edited by noteed

Hey, would anyone be able to comment on the fit of the SS-CP2 or S-CP2? I'm 5'11, 49 chest, 31 waist and I'm not sure what size I should be aiming for. I like the way it fits Errolson on the acrnm site and I remember reading that he's 5'8 and wearing a medium in the photo, so should I size up to a large?