Acronym.

Westbrook

Clearly us old dudes just don't get it

Heh. The first Acronym garments I ever saw in the flesh were on a gent in his sixties. Workwear/techwear otaku, major-league all-spectrum gearhead. Didn't care so much how the stuff looked, as much as he appreciated how it *didn't* look. Cared deeply about how it fit and performed. Took his coat off (one of the early black ventile jobs) and showed me how the panels were cut. It was like listening to a diamond-cutter talk about facets.

That conversation continues to affect my bank balance.

Heh. The first Acronym garments I ever saw in the flesh were on a gent in his sixties. Workwear/techwear otaku, major-league all-spectrum gearhead. Didn't care so much how the stuff looked, as much as he appreciated how it *didn't* look. Cared deeply about how it fit and performed. 

Ha! The same thing happened to me as well, I wonder who that gent might be... :D

My father had apparently not seen my new 3A-6TS until this evening when he discovered it lying on the dining room table. With a lack of certainty I had not heard out of him before, he asked, "Is this your...backpack (?) on the table?" I said yes, showed him the quick release system, etc. "It's very elaborate."

Potentially randomly unrelated – been lugging around a 9TS (+/- some attachments) for a good year an a half, and people noticing it always feels like that bit in Pattern Recognition where Boone has to explain his Pelican case and all his shit inside.

I find it interesting too how they look grotesquely overkill maximalist, but in reality function quite brutally. 

Does anyone have any experience with Acronym's repairs? My olive P9-Es now have a small hole at the bottom of the phone pocket, a small hole on the piece of fabric that is the lip of the phone pocket, and a small hole on the flap that covers the zip on the knee pocket on the right leg. 

Edited by Dr Jonboy

Some more:

Feit Lows, Margiela Replicas, Hender Scheme's MIP05s, etc if you want to stay with sneaker type stuff.

Boots-wise the list is equally endless. Visvim 7-holes or Virgils work (pants on the inside) well. As do those high-top Stone Island/Diemme boots.

I wonder what that means...there is no "regular" SS14, so I'm assuming this is one of the "collaborations" that have been rumored. The new bags perhaps, and/or possibly a restock of FW1314 items (or SS13 ones even? DS-J5? Now I'm just wishful thinking :) )...or?

^ we've covered this a few times in the Urban Techwear thread. I'm no fan of wash-in or combo applications. Always do a cleaner and a spray on DWR treatment for my hardshells.

My impression was restock of FW stuff for SS14 - not sure if I saw that on Twitter, or am just making it up.

i'm pretty sure there will be some new 3A, and as they released the P11 and black GTJ34 version there will be (i guess) some more pieces exclusive to acr onlinestore. exited!

not sure when i read it but I did - last year acr staff: "we are sorry/currently unavailable (refering to acr berlin office) - we are currently at our facility (sumperk) - previewing next collection"

Edited by daniel

^ we've covered this a few times in the Urban Techwear thread. I'm no fan of wash-in or combo applications. Always do a cleaner and a spray on DWR treatment for my hardshells.

My impression was restock of FW stuff for SS14 - not sure if I saw that on Twitter, or am just making it up.

I'd also recommend this approach. Recently washed a bunch of goretex, polartec, and schoeller garments with Nikwax's tech wash followed by ReviveX spray and they're repelling water just like they should. Don't forget to throw stuff in the dryer between the wash and the DWRing.