Acronym.

Westbrook

So new bags in March and the next FW collection will presumably get a public release in October? The SISP SS and FW are already done as well. What's Errolson got planned to occupy the year? A secret collaboration? A vacation? It's Acronym's 20th year anniversary and I'm hoping for a retrospective — a documentary by ken-tonio yamamoto and/or an archive book.

It's just subtle enough to not scream 'Brand name!', while being distinct enough to stop the garment looking entirely regular.

disagree, most acr garments don't look regular but those tags (except, perhaps the elbow hitches) do scream ' brand name'. I'm glad they are gone.

Hi everybody! 

Does anyone know the first version of J1A was from Gore-Tex Pro Shell or Paclite?

Pro Shell didn't exist back then. Was Paclite.

acronym-first-edition-kit-9.jpg

NeonDreams, FW09/10

Yep, GT-J17 - great shell.

Edited by Appleseed

First thing I do to anything that comes into my possession is remove any and all external tags / logos / branding if at all possible. In fact, I had been following Acronym for years, but only just recently bought my first few pieces as I noticed the external branding being phased out.

Fucking Bibendum.

Modify the URL and you can grab some of the splash screens from older seasons. The only ones available on the server are 1, and 9 to 18. Wonder where 2 through 8 went...

I noticed that as well, nice nostalgia hit. 

Other things I noticed:

• 1 is the same as 6
  • If you direct it to 2, it redirects to 12
  • 16 and 17 are the same. 17 is what SS14 would have been.

Haha that almost happened to my J29!

Got ripped halfway through on the subway and the only thing I can get my hands on was a band aid so I used that to keep the tag in place. Was going to get that fixed but I forgot about it until you posted that haha. What did you do with yours?

Edited by gamo

Haha that almost happened to my J29!

Got ripped halfway through on the subway and the only thing I can get my hands on was a band aid so I used that to keep the tag in place. Was going to get that fixed but I forgot about it until you posted that haha. What did you do with yours?

Nothing, just gonna throw it in the ziplock bag. Doesn't affect the jacket performance wise.

GTJ5, 1st version, 2004/05 collection - text says it's pretty used but still worth the starting bid.

Thanks for the help brother!

Good to hear I'm not the only one checking the Yahoo Auctions ;-)

I got it for the starting bid, so hopefully it will be worth the money.

I've never owned any Acronym outerwear, and I believe I read somewhere that the fit on the pre 09-seasons aren't as good as the last few years - can anyone confirm that?

Cheers

GTJ5, 1st version, 2004/05 collection - text says it's pretty used but still worth the starting bid.

+ mostly left-field opinion, but y! jp (and the japanese in general) seem to be extremely rigorous about the way they grade their secondhand items. i've seen footwear with barely used soles and no heel drag get rated as a "D" on the rakuten scale or near-new apparel with almost invisible scuffs in weird places get ranked the same on y! jp scale. x_x

+ mostly left-field opinion, but y! jp (and the japanese in general) seem to be extremely rigorous about the way they grade their secondhand items. i've seen footwear with barely used soles and no heel drag get rated as a "D" on the rakuten scale or near-new apparel with almost invisible scuffs in weird places get ranked the same on y! jp scale. x_x

that's been my experience too; stuff on y! jp is ridiculously graded; 9/10 shit is brand new, 4/10 has a small mark on the lower 2 cm of the inside sleeve.

As some of you may know, I just bought a SET-2 over on the community sales thread (massive props to upheaval for exceptional service). It arrived today, and much to my horror the leggings don't fit :(

They're about the right length but very tight over my abnormally massive quads (every day is legs day). So, I don't know what to do here. Everything else fits fine, the shorts, the leggings over my calves, the length. It's just the girth really. Can anyone think of any way to solve this? 

Edited by Sypron