Acronym.

Westbrook

lol "#wrathofexes"

Dude's ex-girlfriend and him got into a fight and she cut his Acronym bag in half before leaving.  I did not make this up.

Hey guys new to the forum, and to Acronym I guess but this seems to be the best place to ask some questions I cant find any answers to. Recently purchased a J36-GT and it is without a doubt the best technical coat I have ever owned, great fit and features, but I am slightly confused on the specs. It is listed as having 9 pockets and I only count around 7, and that's if I'm being creative. I guess what I'm asking is what does Acronym define as a "pocket"? And also slightly confused if the small Velcro squares on the arms serve a purpose as well? Thanks in advance to anyone with insight.

Hey guys new to the forum, and to Acronym I guess but this seems to be the best place to ask some questions I cant find any answers to. Recently purchased a J36-GT and it is without a doubt the best technical coat I have ever owned, great fit and features, but I am slightly confused on the specs. It is listed as having 9 pockets and I only count around 7, and that's if I'm being creative. I guess what I'm asking is what does Acronym define as a "pocket"? And also slightly confused if the small Velcro squares on the arms serve a purpose as well? Thanks in advance to anyone with insight.

Did you count the Gravity Pockets?  I think the J36 has two.

As for the Velcro squares, they're apparently called sleeve hitch tabs.  More on this topic here:  http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/116132-acronym/?p=2994723

The convention around Subnet is unwritten, but seems to be "Subnet's existence is common knowledge, but it's a viewing/pre-order opportunity by invitation. We expect you'll govern yourselves accordingly." So talking about the existence and general scope of the new collection ("There are coats and pants, but no bags", for example, or saying something vague and possibly misleading such as "Wild riff on the triathlon wetsuit top!" or "Holy shit! Golf jackets!") is probably relatively harmless.

Going into specifics on engineering details, cloths, and prices, and especially posting pictures, would strike me as a bit outré.

One fogey's opinions. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by misanthropod

Did you count the Gravity Pockets?  I think the J36 has two.

As for the Velcro squares, they're apparently called sleeve hitch tabs.  More on this topic here:  http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/116132-acronym/?p=2994723

Thanks for the link, its so simple now that I think about it. But yes Counted the two gravity pockets, two main pockets, and the front pocket, and the little space behind it, and that is still 3 short according to the site. Thanks for the feedback.

They seem to be moving in a more stealthy, logo-less direction.

My observation as well. Cayce Pollard doctrine, applied. Which is fine by this deeply-unfashionable, functionality-driven gearhead. And the day someone braces me in the street and asks, "Who in hell made that coat," I'll know I've met a kindred spirit.

Just hope she's an underwear model with a large bank balance and about a zillion KLM travel points.

OK, just checked. J32-GT has no label that I can find. J38-LP indeed does.

Voici:

Thanks for looking TaoSpace, but I was actually talking about the external garment tags that seemed to have vanished. Those tags should be on every launderable item, since they're the laundry instructions. They're on the 3 FW-1314 pieces that I own, at least (all hidden inside pockets). 

These are the tags that have vanished (or become un-branded)

16.jpg22.jpg15.jpg

Personally, I really miss them. Even if it wasn't a brand name and logo, it's still a detail, and I always liked the way these little bits of detail change the look of these clothes. It's just subtle enough to not scream 'Brand name!', while being distinct enough to stop the garment looking entirely regular.