Acronym.

Westbrook

i believe fidlock did reverse polarity sometime between mid 2011 and early 2012. i had a 3a-wk2 from 2011 that i discovered wasn't compatible with the complementary pieces from a 2012 3a-wk2. my working hypothesis is that the newer ("reversed" polarity) fidlocks are blank/unbranded, while the older fidlocks had the "Fidlock" patented logo on them.

is your 3a-wk2 an older one? if so, you could look to trade with people that use them solely as keychains or just buy a new one. i traded my old 3a-wk2 for vampyrvargfesten's new 3a-wk2 so that he could use the keyring end with the suspensor harness in the s-j14, which also uses the old fidlock magnets. all of the 3a-wk2s i've seen since 2012 (probably ~3/4) have shared the same polarity pairing, so i'm thinking this has only changed once in the past few years. of course this could be just by chance, so if anyone has more info or if i'm wrong, feel free to correct.

hope that helps.

Thanks for the info insomnia. My 3A-WK2 is branded, and the new unit I bought is not. I'll try extremtextil first, if they have the older polarity that's the cheapest way for me to get what I need. I bought my 3A-WK2 recently, so if acrnm has stock of both the old and new ones they must be selling them indiscriminately. 

EfULPD4.jpg

The times may soon allow me to switch to a full ACR bag setup and I was curious if anyone in the community has experience with the 3A-MSOL1 (which is currently still available from Bodega, though they only have "2" left). As far as the bag accessories go, nothing seems to come close to this little guy.

It seems like too interesting an option not to have competitors. I'll definitely check it out. In other news my 3A-WK2 arrived from Union LA today and I vaguely recall giggling with glee upon first trying out the unnecessary/simple/fun Fidlock magnetic slide release buckle. Dat audible click.

I found that it was impractical to use the WK2 due to how long it is; having it hang off a belt or anything would result in an excessive amount of jingling while I walked. Not very ninja. I'm going to pair it with an Orbitkey, which will make it shorter in length and more secure.

Alright, I need trouser advice from you lot. I have a couple of pairs of P9-Es, love the cut and the fit but hate the way the fabric wears (my green pair are wearing particularly badly). Also, they could be a bit warmer. Do I go for P9-CHs ($800ish from Haven) or P11-CHs ($500ish from ACRNM)? I do like the knee pockets but I can deal with not having them, if it means saving $300. 

Is WB-400 warm? Decent water resistance?

Hey Jon,

P11 works pretty well, but it isn't articulated like the P9. It's cut well but if you're used to the freedom of the P9 it is a little step back.

Haven't tried the P9-CH specifically but I do wear the P8TS-X, which is an earlier CH pant and that works great.

I found the P10-S to be quite warm when you need it. I survived the NY cold spell over Thanksgiving in that. Actually worked better than the P8TS-X. My guess is that was at least partially due to the tighter fit of the P10.

WB-400 is warm but in this iteration a little less so. This previous gen silver melange ones are thicker IIRC. I'd say in general that it's more water resistant than Epic or Stotz.

So do check them out, but if you can afford it and you like the fit of P9 already, go for the P9-CH.

Edited by TaoSpace

Is WB-400 warm? Decent water resistance?

Yes and yes. Also wrinkle and stain resistant and soft; a miracle tech fabric!

WB-400 is warm but in this iteration a little less so. This previous gen silver melange ones are thicker IIRC. I'd say in general that it's more water resistant than Epic or Stotz.

In my experience, the grey melange P9s are much cooler.

Off topic;

Does anyone have any experience with Outlier's 'Pivot' shirts? If you scroll down on this page you can see a demo on what it is. Seems like what Acronym would do with a shirt, I'm thinking of getting one. 

Personally, after purchasing the Acronym 3X-Dry shirts the Outlier pieces don't even compare.

The outlier pivot is a nice bit if you cycle. I sweat a lot when I commute on bike to work, so there's no overcoming that part leaving wet patches (dries quick, but not quick enough).

There's a small nit-picky thing I have with the shirt such as the very top button being a really tight fit. Unless you want to squeeze and choke yourself (maybe it was meant to be worn unbuttoned), but I expected it to fit like any other medium button up around the neck with some breathing room. Maybe it was a first iteration when I purchased awhile ago. Maybe someone could share their experience if it fits differently on others. (should check out Outlier thread instead)

Regardless I like the fit (sans collar button), would only purchase again if it was on sale or cheaper.

My 2c.

Sypron & TwelveAM:

That top button may indeed be a little tight, but then I never wear that buttoned with any shirt TBH.

They've done quite a few different iterations of the pivot shirt and I personally like them quite a bit. Sure, it's no DS-LA3 but then that's more meant as an over-shirt anyway. Right now they only have the blazed cotton version (nano treated), which does help a little with sweat stains I find, but no, it will not stand up withstand serious exertion. 

At $125 though, it's a great, sharp, shirt with a little more freedom of motion than a regular dress shirt. They regularly have no versions in different fabrics and style and they move quickly. Might well pay to wait a little bit to see what they come up with next. IMHO the current iteration is a little boring.