Acronym.

Westbrook

Anybody have feedback on the J36.....

Wasn't super crazy about it when it dropped, but it's starting to grow on me, might try and pick one up

I picked up a J36 but sent it back as it was a touch small. Nice jacket but wasn't too keen on the front pocket once i'd tried it on. The escape zip becomes fairly useless as the fidlock on the front pocket prevents quick opening of the jacket. I didn't bother getting the next size up, have gone for the J28 instead.

FINALLY got my hands on a WS-J25. The thing just arrived in the mail today.

It's a fantastic jacket, absolutely sublime material. Smaller than I was expecting, but it still fits (yay!). Seems to me that older acrnm seasons had a smaller sizing than today's. 

I cannot believe that acrnm stopped making these things, it should be constantly in stock. The material is amazingly waterproof, I cannot wet it, even by force. I tried trapping a small pool of water in a crease then squeezed it together, the water simply shot out the end. Rubbing droplets merely causes them to spread out before rolling away. It's super thin and light as well. 

I find jacketsling to be kind of pointless for this type of jacket, you're either wearing it or your stow it using the carabiner. Still, it's nice having the option.

Just while writing this, the heavens opened and let forth a tropical storm. And I need to head out. Perfect timing :D

Edited by Sypron

Bench at the Greene, proxy by stylisticsspace. They charge through the bloody nose for it though, 70,000 yen (almost double the original list price, I think). They only had S & M when I ordered, the S might be all gone now.

Out of stock already. )':

I will cherish my WS-J25 forever.  My favorite ACR gear.  Its my motivation to not get fat(ter). 

I agree, and I would say that if I had to sell or give away all my acrnm gear it would be the very last piece I part with. 

Question for anyone that owns/has owned as S-CP2 or SS-CP2 - do you wear it for day to day wear and if so, what's it like? I'm really interested in it but am just not sure whether it will actually get much use. It almost seems a shame to layer it on top of another acr jacket but the neck and hood are just so badass! Any thoughts from users of them would be much appreciated.

Is the WS-J25 noisy?

A little noisy I guess, not anything intolerable. I would compare the noise to a 100% polyester windbreaker jacket, a little less noisy... I don't have a decibel meter so this is kinda subjective.

Edited by Flipflop214

Question for anyone that owns/has owned as S-CP2 or SS-CP2 - do you wear it for day to day wear and if so, what's it like? I'm really interested in it but am just not sure whether it will actually get much use. It almost seems a shame to layer it on top of another acr jacket but the neck and hood are just so badass! Any thoughts from users of them would be much appreciated.

I've got the SS-CP2 and wear it as a light / medium rain layer, with the collar fully-zipped and the hood up its like being inside a protective cocoon. It rains often enough in the fall / spring months here in NYC to make it a worthwhile piece to have. 

I picked up a J36 but sent it back as it was a touch small. Nice jacket but wasn't too keen on the front pocket once i'd tried it on. The escape zip becomes fairly useless as the fidlock on the front pocket prevents quick opening of the jacket. I didn't bother getting the next size up, have gone for the J28 instead.

You're doing it wrong. The escape zip is designed to work with the orientation of the fidlock, which has since been changed from the proto pictures (pull up and outwards).