Acronym.

Westbrook

Why does that happen to buttons on shirts sent to drycleaners? Is it the chemicals? Happened to me too on another regrettably expensive garment. 

Happened to me with mother of pearl buttons on my Acne cardigan. On three buttons!!!! And I hadn´t discovered until I came home, so I couldn´t even say something to the owner. Flipflop214, you gotta avenge my loss as well!

It's also because the heat that is applied to the garment during drycleaning. They literally stick the garment under a huge fuckin steam press after it is drycleaned and iron it like a waffle. Usually the heat from the press makes the buttons brittle and break due to heat. 

Recently received a DS-HD2 from tresuncool on this forum. I'd highly recommended this piece. A good introduction to a lot of great Acronym features i.e. jacket sling, force lock, and line i/o. Had to go one size up compared to my size in the hard-shells. Also purchased a NTS-NG1, but that doesn't really require any more details.

2aj1fnr.jpg

^Thanks, man.

Sizing up was a good idea. I originally had the black in Medium and, although it fit well through the chest, I found the sleeves and length too short. (Kept riding up.) 

Those sleeve pockets…soooooo good.

Edited by TresUnCool

Yup. The rule for DS-HD2 seems to be, go one size *up* from your hardshell. The HD2 is anomalous in that respect, I've been reliably informed. My HD2's an XL, my J32's a Large, and they both fit me more or less properly. Plus the hoodie fits well under the jacket. No pit-bunching to speak of.

As for the sleeve pockets, I like how my passport fits in 'em- like they were designed for it. My go-to hoodie for air travel.

raining today so im giving the j32 a test run. enjoy wearing it a lot. typical rainy weather, so a little on the cooler side. it has kept me warm at a comfortable level with just a dress shirt underneath (does feel a little cooler compared to the older goretex pro). cant stop unzipping using the escape zip. its so gimmicky unnecessary but i cant imagine unzipping any jacket the conventional way anymore.

trousers on the other hand got drenched. might need some tech trousers to compliment the jacket.

I kind of regret not having the HD2. I ordered one a while ago but it went AWOL in delivery. Bought a J25-SS instead this season. I prefer that it's a zip-up; much more convenient to don and doff (which happens a lot in a hotter climate). I do wish it had the forcelock from the HD2 though. 

Can anyone recommend the appropriate size cp2-SS for someone who wears medium hardshells? Its a loose fit, so not sure if I should size down.

I have a medium in the ss-cp2 as well as others (j3b, j32)

....it does have a loose fit, but the "chest" pit-to-pit underneath the arms still fits like a true medium. It's mostly loose due to the fit block and construction more or less being a square with no real side seams. I'm 6' 162lbs and usually wear it over a soft shell blazer or shirt and sweater, but it's meant to be worn as the outermost layer.

MeccaNIZM and others with CP2s: could you talk a bit about what having one of these as an outer layer adds? Say I have a J25-SS or some GT shell: why would I add this on top? Purely for looks? Adding Interops if your jacket doesn't have it? Or are there other functional characteristics? Neither SS or the S would be waterproof, which seems odd for an outer layer.

MeccaNIZM and others with CP2s: could you talk a bit about what having one of these as an outer layer adds? Say I have a J25-SS or some GT shell: why would I add this on top? Purely for looks? Adding Interops if your jacket doesn't have it? Or are there other functional characteristics? Neither SS or the S would be waterproof, which seems odd for an outer layer.

For me the aesthetics are a big part. In the event of inclement weather, I'll opt for a gore trench. It is surprisingly good at temperature regulation with the Energear, which by the way isn't listed as part of the new cp2-ss. I typically pair it with a blazer, soft shell or otherwise on the way to and from work. The fabric does provide better than expected water repellency though, anything short of a downpour it's been fine. The hood and Interops are additions for wearing it with minimalist outerwear, but would be redundant with another full-tilt ACR jacket.

Thanks Mecca! That was very useful!

So you would do "soft-shell on soft-shell" with this, as an extra layer?

Yup, if only I was lucky enough to have a DS-j5, that with the cp2 would be my ultimate combo. I almost never where it with anything with a hood, even though the hood is detachable, looses a little of its appeal when it's off in my opinion.

How does the CP2 size? Thinking of sharing one with the wife. I'm a M in most ACR pieces.

The length is probably the only concern, even though the CP2f measurements aren't that far off from the men's. But if it fits good luck getting it back.... My girl said I'd never wear it and save my $$$, then it came in and she said "get me one now!" Nobody tell her I said this... She's like 5'4, 115, and my medium is huge on her.