Acronym.

Westbrook

Anyone else with the J34-GTPL find that there is an excess of material under the pit area in and around the hand warmer pockets? Is this intended or am I just not filling it properly for this particular size?

I can't comment from personal experience, but I suspect it's there to give you a better range of motion in your arms. 

thanks to all that commented on the sizing for me above.

It sounds like based on my height/weight (175cm/67kg) that I can fit a small perfectly, however can somebody comment on if the hardshells allow room for layering? I'm looking to use the jacket for wintersports so planning to layer with packable down or fleece under it. Can I stay true to size or should I size up?

Question is specifically geared towards this season's hardshells like J32 and J36. thanks again!!

Edited by solifestyle

i want to buy ACR so that i will be inclined use it again after my trip. I like all black/the features of the jacket/ the silhouette etc. the j32/36 are perfect jacket for NYC winter. don't want to buy main line arcteryx as a 1 time use because i don't like the way it looks.

that being said- any thoughts on layering under the jacket?

J32 is cut pretty straight, which in my case allows for a thin intermediate layer.  I tried my DS-HD2 hoodie under mine (not an especially thick cloth, but baggy), and my pits didn't feel bunched.  I think it'll depend on your actual chest measurement vs the stated pit-to-pit dimensions (doubled) of the sizes you're looking at, more than anything else.  18 or 20 cm of difference is a decent fit and will permit a thin additional layer.

Sizing up will almost certainly permit use of a big pouffy layer like a thick fleece or down undercoat, but the jacket may hang like a sack over only a shirt, or a shirt and a thin fleece, and it may increase sleeve length undesirably.

Edited by misanthropod

i want to buy ACR so that i will be inclined use it again after my trip. I like all black/the features of the jacket/ the silhouette etc. the j32/36 are perfect jacket for NYC winter. don't want to buy main line arcteryx as a 1 time use because i don't like the way it looks.

that being said- any thoughts on layering under the jacket?

I have the J36, it shouldn't be a problem for layering, there is enough room. 

Get yourself a specific 'winter-sports' coat designed for purpose.

No point in using ACR for that - it's a waste.

actually, i think an acr shell would be ideal. wear it all year round, kill 2 birds with 1 stone kinda deal. only thing missing really is the waist gaiter which you don't really need.

Thinking about buying a friend's older epic cotton J1-A in Black, only thing is that it comes with a Pac-lite hood instead of the Stock epic cotton hood. Not really familiar with Pac-lite material, but was wondering if this would be a weird/strange combo aesthetically? thanks 

Anyone know?

I would be very interested to know about these as well. I had a pair of black Giro biking gloves that I ended up wearing all the time but they were not suited for winter and the fell apart way to fast.

Thinking about buying a friend's older epic cotton J1-A in Black, only thing is that it comes with a Pac-lite hood instead of the Stock epic cotton hood. Not really familiar with Pac-lite material, but was wondering if this would be a weird/strange combo aesthetically? thanks 

The paclite hood should be lighter and pack tighter than the Stotz hood, also it would go well with the pleather sleeve. Go for it. 

The paclite hood should be lighter and pack tighter than the Stotz hood, also it would go well with the pleather sleeve. Go for it. 

actually its the older, all epic cotton version J1-A. Epic cotton is kinda flat black and I believe paclite is shinier right?

The SS08 E-J1A (epic with leather sleeve) came stock with the paclite hood, so even if it is the older version, FW0607 probably, that is all epic cotton (sleeve included) I don't think the paclite hood would look out of place. The paneling and multiple pockets on the J1A allow it to look good in a mix of materials and colors... Just look at all the variations release over the past decade plus, and they all look dope. So to answer the question of "would it look weird aesthetically?" not at all in my opinion. Plus the gore hood would offer better protection and stow-ability (as cmdR) mentioned. Go for it man.

Has anybody received his P10-S? The waist size is a mystery to me.

official: 1/2 WAIST  S-39 M- 42 L- 43.5  XL-45.5

glade:

1/2 Waist: 42 44 46 48

That is a huge difference between S and M...