Acronym.

Westbrook

Hi.

So I'm thinking about buying my first Acronym piece, and to me the gt-j28 stands out as the baddest, most aggressive looking of the jackets. I really like the 'overbuilt' look, and the sort of 'boxy' fit. My question is regarding size - I'm 6ft3" (190 cm) and 180lbs (82 kg) - should I go for the L or the XL? I want it to fit as it does on Errolson Hughes on the fit pics.

Oh - and do any of you know if any of the retailers mark down the package so it doesn't get hit with duties?

All advice will be greatly appreciated!

Hey Haackk, go for L, J28 is cut larger than the usual ACR jackets. I wear S but the J28 fits more like an M. Sleeves are longer too. Edited by cmdR

I work by the Haven in Toronto, going to drop by and check out the new collection later today. If anyone needed to know anything specific or had any questions about the new stuff let me know and I should be able to help you out.

It's not in the store yet.

Was planning to get a 3A-1 but doesn't seem to be in the collection anymore. Anybody know why, will it return?

cheers

It hasn't been restocked. 3A stuff isn't being produced at the same time as regular season kit. Last time 3A-1 was restocked was a year ago actually. 

Yup, second that! Truly awesome fabric in person. Much more classy look than Stotz, without losing that ACR edge.

It's not just the fabric either. If you look closely at the two, the LP has fewer lines and details, giving it a much cleaner look. For instance,

11.jpg09.jpg

13.jpg08.jpg

Definitely a more traditional look on the LP, but I went with S for the interops and stormhood (and honestly, the price).

Nope. Haven even sold out the J38-LP before their Acronym collection was on store shelves.

thanks!

is anybody able to comment on how different the fit is of a size S vs a size M in their hardshells?  I've looked at the measurements and since I'm only 5'9'' and a slim build I think I'd be ok with the size S but wanted to check in for feedback.

thanks!

is anybody able to comment on how different the fit is of a size S vs a size M in their hardshells?  I've looked at the measurements and since I'm only 5'9'' and a slim build I think I'd be ok with the size S but wanted to check in for feedback.

1.75 m height? I think you'll fit just fine, if not perfect for S. 

J32-GT:  Further musings, having now worn it a bit...

Handwarmer pocket placement and size are perfect.  Moreover, the "detached entry" feature, which is difficult to explain but which has to do with the zipper being behind the flap, allows one to wander around with pockets wide open without looking like a drunken midshipman whose pockets are wide open.  Thus, a much better coat for the genteel street than any of my outdoor shells.  One looks put-together while being in all respects ready to slouch like a street urchin.  Or put one's hands out of the wind.

Another pleasant surprise is the Gore-Tex.  I was hesitant to buy another Gore coat after a recent purchase of a highly breathable eVent shell (touted to be "the death of Gore-Tex" in some circles), but the J32-GT ad copy's claim of "up to 28% more breathability compared to previous generation Gore-Tex® Pro products" now doesn't seem exaggerated.  This jacket definitely wears colder than my other Gore-Tex Pro Shell, closer to the eVent in that regard.  This will surely pay off when popping into warm shops and lobbies from cold winter sidewalks.

The main zipper on this thing is the slickest one I've ever had on a coat.  And I'm still giggling about the Escape Zip.  Such a practical gimmick!  Not sure I'll ever get intended use out of the Gravity Pockets, but I'm going to try them as transit pass holsters, accessed via the zippers.  Still thinking about what I can use the left shoulder pocket for.  Maybe it's just the way the coat fits on me, but I don't find it all that easy to get at.

Overall, though, a fine piece of kit.  Very pleased with it.

J32-GT:  Further musings, having now worn it a bit...

Handwarmer pocket placement and size are perfect.  Moreover, the "detached entry" feature, which is difficult to explain but which has to do with the zipper being behind the flap, allows one to wander around with pockets wide open without looking like a drunken midshipman whose pockets are wide open.  Thus, a much better coat for the genteel street than any of my outdoor shells.  One looks put-together while being in all respects ready to slouch like a street urchin.  Or put one's hands out of the wind.

Another pleasant surprise is the Gore-Tex.  I was hesitant to buy another Gore coat after a recent purchase of a highly breathable eVent shell (touted to be "the death of Gore-Tex" in some circles), but the J32-GT ad copy's claim of "up to 28% more breathability compared to previous generation Gore-Tex® Pro products" now doesn't seem exaggerated.  This jacket definitely wears colder than my other Gore-Tex Pro Shell, closer to the eVent in that regard.  This will surely pay off when popping into warm shops and lobbies from cold winter sidewalks.

The main zipper on this thing is the slickest one I've ever had on a coat.  And I'm still giggling about the Escape Zip.  Such a practical gimmick!  Not sure I'll ever get intended use out of the Gravity Pockets, but I'm going to try them as transit pass holsters, accessed via the zippers.  Still thinking about what I can use the left shoulder pocket for.  Maybe it's just the way the coat fits on me, but I don't find it all that easy to get at.

Overall, though, a fine piece of kit.  Very pleased with it.

Excellent musings misanthropod!

Another cool thing about the design of the detached entry feature is that they are designed to be a catch pocket of sorts, so you can have your things pretty secure while keeping the zip open for quick access as the bottom of the pocket is lower than the lowest part of the zipper and there is excess space behind the zipper for things to slide into and not out. It is also deceptively spacious because of this design. 

I was told that the team spent a lot of time on just this one thing when it made its debut in the GT-J22 way back in SS12. Deffo shows. 

Anyone else with the J34-GTPL find that there is an excess of material under the pit area in and around the hand warmer pockets? Is this intended or am I just not filling it in properly for this particular size?

Edited by TresUnCool