Acronym.

Westbrook

Haven listing a waist of 42, ACR listing 39 (in the S size).....

I ordered the P10 in M even though my legs match the S description. I bought the P11 a while back in S and it fit standing, but sitting I got like 4 inches of ankle flesh. Playing this one on the safe side.

Well define 'old', it has been the same for the last 4 years now.

In those 4 years the price went up and down.

0809 was the real old kr-sm1 with lightning graphic and bigger scarf, it was also the cheapest. 0910 was the redesign with the new print on the pouch and smaller more compact scarf. Since then it has been the same but the price went up in 1011 and again in 1112, down in 1213 and up again in 1314.

The asymmetric sleeve design was originally put in to give weather protection to a 3A module that strapped to your upper arm, IIRC. From many seasons ago, and not released since. Feel free to correct me-

i believe this refers to the arm pouches from around 2004 right?

kindve hard to believe they would slap those things on these jackets unless they are planning to rerelease those small bags. am I correct to assume its leather? I'm also surprised that the official acr copy for each product doesn't make reference to this feature.

there's a small strapped pouch from that season which resembles the vis medicine pouch in form that I would shell out for.

Edited by cameron-

kindve hard to believe they would slap those things on these jackets unless they are planning to rerelease those small bags. am I correct to assume its leather? I'm also surprised that the official acr copy for each product doesn't make reference to this feature.

there's a small strapped pouch from that season which resembles the vis medicine pouch in form that I would shell out for.

Actually, the J1A-S does make a mention:

_Re-designed double sleeve in artificial [ launderable ] leather

The J38-S doesn't mention it, but it's safe to assume it's the same material.

Edited by Sypron

It has been clear over the past few seasons that 3A stuff is basically decoupled from the various seasonal collections and on a different schedule. That's probably just pragmatic as its manufactured by Bagjack and not in Sumperk. Synchronizing those is probably more of a headache than its worth. Also, it seems ACRNM.com is the only place that will sell 3A (left over inventory with vendors notwithstanding).

I would love to see some new 3A stuff myself. Mostly I'd love a fastener at the rear bottom left of jackets that connects to the bag, keeping it in place, much like cross-strap would, but without the need for such a long piece of webbing. It would just need a small piece of webbing on the rear of the bag to connect it to. Something Fidlock-ey perhaps. Also a solution for cameras would be nice, as would a sunglasses module.  

Edited by TaoSpace

It has been clear over the past few seasons that 3A stuff is basically decoupled from the various seasonal collections and on a different schedule. That's probably just pragmatic as its manufactured by Bagjack and not in Sumperk. Synchronizing those is probably more of a headache than its worth. Also, it seems ACRNM.com is the only place that will sell 3A (left over inventory with vendors notwithstanding).

I would love to see some new 3A stuff myself. Mostly I'd love a fastener at the rear bottom left of jackets that connects to the bag, keeping it in place, much like cross-strap would, but without the need for such a long piece of webbing. It would just need a small piece of webbing on the rear of the bag to connect it to. Something Fidlock-ey perhaps. Also a solution for cameras would be nice, as would a sunglasses module.  

Neat idea, but the jackets would need to be compatible with the bag for that to work. Maybe there's some solution that could work using just the bag, that way it would work even if you're wearing an older jacket, or no jacket at all. Perhaps it could clip onto the keeper on your belt? Some kind of fidlock attachment where you loop one end through you belt/keeper and put the other end in the bottom left corner of the bag. 

Yep. In all these years I've only seen maybe one 2nd hand module pop up. Shame, because my -J4L has the asymmetric sleeve in Gore-Tex. This season's -J1A and the FW07/08 (? might be off a season) ver. had the sleeve in the synthetic leather. FW08/09 was Stotz (OD/black bicolor). Prev. versions were Epic and Windstopper.

Edited by Appleseed

damn. the j32-gt in small sold out quick on the official store. had a feeling it would sell out quick so i placed an order for one. hopefully it goes through. this will be my first acronym piece, so excited. but not excited to see the import duties which should be around 300 bucks if i've calculated it right.

I would love to see some new 3A stuff myself. Mostly I'd love a fastener at the rear bottom left of jackets that connects to the bag, keeping it in place, much like cross-strap would, but without the need for such a long piece of webbing. It would just need a small piece of webbing on the rear of the bag to connect it to. Something Fidlock-ey perhaps.

Neat idea, but the jackets would need to be compatible with the bag for that to work. Maybe there's some solution that could work using just the bag, that way it would work even if you're wearing an older jacket, or no jacket at all. Perhaps it could clip onto the keeper on your belt? Some kind of fidlock attachment where you loop one end through you belt/keeper and put the other end in the bottom left corner of the bag. 

NRzSZDKl.jpg

CIMgGxxl.jpg

J3B fits like a glove....it's almost like a bomber/moto type fit. I had no intention of getting it until I tried one on. I still got the same size I usually get.... I have a medium in that and the CP2, which are as different fitting as they come.

Haz J32-GT. First impression is that it's an uncommonly well-constructed piece of kit. Good front pocket placement, better than on any of my outdoor shells. Nicely small hood. And I *love* the Escape Zip. Of course it arrived on the hottest, sunniest day since late August, so I can't give it a proper field trial.

Got one of the Polartech neck gaiters to go with it.

I work by the Haven in Toronto, going to drop by and check out the new collection later today. If anyone needed to know anything specific or had any questions about the new stuff let me know and I should be able to help you out.

Hi.

So I'm thinking about buying my first Acronym piece, and to me the gt-j28 stands out as the baddest, most aggressive looking of the jackets. I really like the 'overbuilt' look, and the sort of 'boxy' fit. My question is regarding size - I'm 6ft3" (190 cm) and 180lbs (82 kg) - should I go for the L or the XL? I want it to fit as it does on Errolson Hughes on the fit pics.

Oh - and do any of you know if any of the retailers mark down the package so it doesn't get hit with duties?

All advice will be greatly appreciated!

@Haackk You sound like a size large. I'm the same height but weigh slightly less and I'm a medium. Your best bet is to compare the measurements to something currently in your wardrobe that fits the way you like. Regarding import fees/duties, that's something you should contact the retailer about beforehand. 

Edited by hooper

Your best bet is to compare the measurements to something currently in your wardrobe that fits the way you like.

This, with a personal caveat: With hardshells, I've found this to work very well for armpit-to-armpit, less well for trunk length and sleeve length. With Acronym's softshells, I've been wrong almost every time pit-to-pit, and hilariously off as regards sleeves. I attribute it to the difficulty of determining comparative datum points on garments with soft shoulders.

Your mileage may vary.

Edited by misanthropod