Acronym.

Westbrook

I am having my J28 since April and really like it. So much that I am selling my recently bought Mission Workshop Orion Jacket.

The J28 is made of great material with reliable manufacturing. The features like the interops zipper and lots of pockets is great. Some people will say it is overbuild but I like all those pockets for different items. Something I have never seen before is the right pocket with two compartments inside. The zipper can be opened from both sides so you can store something in the upper and something in the lower part. Mezzanine pockets are helpful for everything with fast access.

The Gravity Pockets are unique. Some like them some probably don´t like weight at this part of the body. I don´t care and like to have my phone at this place.

The size is good not to slim what helps if you need to put a suit under it.

Have used it for traveling as well and it works great. It can be packed very small that it can be easily stored in the 3A-1 without using to much space. Wrinkles are no problem so far as well.

The price is high but the quality is great. The best jacket I ever had.  ;)

It's not that I'm looking, as I know roughly where my size is available--thanks, though--it's just when it comes to a purchase in this price-range, I'd like to hear about other people's experiences with the item prior to taking the plunge, if I even choose to do so.

Is there a way to prevent small holes that have appeared in the bottom of a 3A-3TS from getting any bigger? Thinking of buying one used and it has a couple of these that are pretty small and don't concern me much, but my problem is them getting any bigger, either from external contact or something on the inside with a corner (book, etc.) poking its way into it. 

well that's interesting...they took away the 2 side pockets.

A bit weird though that the pockets cost 100,- a piece looking at the price difference with the P9, thats absurd off course.

Now if they just make a P12 with the same profile but a slightly tapered foot and in stotz eta/epic I can throw away all my pants and just live in those for a few years.

Edited by shadows

Thank you for the detailed response. Much appreciated.

How have you found the velcro to age? 

What do you mean with the velcro? Don´t understand this?

Is there a way to prevent small holes that have appeared in the bottom of a 3A-3TS from getting any bigger? Thinking of buying one used and it has a couple of these that are pretty small and don't concern me much, but my problem is them getting any bigger, either from external contact or something on the inside with a corner (book, etc.) poking its way into it. 

Re: this - bleh maybe will just wait for restock or something. 

well that's interesting...they took away the 2 side pockets.

A bit weird though that the pockets cost 100,- a piece looking at the price difference with the P9, thats absurd off course.

Now if they just make a P12 with the same profile but a slightly tapered foot and in stotz eta/epic I can throw away all my pants and just live in those for a few years.

a P12 pant? suppose it is a subnet thing or I've missed something...

a P12 pant? suppose it is a subnet thing or I've missed something...

I'm assuming Shadows means a full-length version of the SP12-CH or S featuring all of the cargo-style pockets and webbing. Interesting idea, though I happen to like the clean look better myself. 

Also, re: price...the P11 seems simpler in its construction, beyond just the pockets. Look at the seams for example, especially at the knees. That might make it faster and cheaper to construct. This is a really nice price for a pair of ACR pants IMHO. Ordered a pair and we'll see what the fit is like. Will report back :)

I forgot there was an P12 already, lets say P11-A then.

Same pants as the normal P11/P9 only with a slight taper (and maybe overall 0.5 inch slimmer) from the knee to the foot to give it a more modern cut.

Re price. Seems to be the same fit as the P9, difference is that you now get a straight forward seam down on both sides, no diagonal seam just under the knee. That will indeed make it easier to produce but 200,- is very substansial, thats seems like a lot of manufucturing hours. (It's not like a seamstress is paid 50,- an hour) A much better price point now indeed, without the Energear it should become even cheaper. So when a S or E version appears it could drop down to a price point sub-400.

Edited by shadows

personally I found the 9ts a little uncomfortable with heavy loads on my back.

im using a 5ts as my daily bag.

anyway does anyone have the 15in laptop sleeve in a 5ts? 

im thinking of getting it but wondering if its easy/hard to remove/insert the laptop in.

currently i just use a regular incase sleeve.

Is anyone using the 3A-9TS with the stabilizer strap as their 'daily bag'? The size looks good but I'm kind of hesitant to replace my backpack with a tote bag for everyday use. 

Posted my experiences with my 9TS a couple pages back. There's a photo (+ an MK1) if you need some encouragement to dig.

I've used it everyday +/- several trips overseas for the last two years. It's not the ideal ACR bag, but excellent given its intended purpose. I have a 15" MBP grafted to my back due to work and the bag gives you the luxury of working quite freely around that format if it is necessary for you.

Seconded though is the fact that it does get a little uncomfortable under heavy loads. I've had mine up to 20~25 kgs and the discomfort is / will be mainly due to how you packed it and set the strap. Rule of thumb would be to wear it snug like an x-pac tumor, and you should be fine.

personally I found the 9ts a little uncomfortable with heavy loads on my back.

im using a 5ts as my daily bag.

anyway does anyone have the 15in laptop sleeve in a 5ts? 

im thinking of getting it but wondering if its easy/hard to remove/insert the laptop in.

currently i just use a regular incase sleeve.

I have the L1-15 in my 5TS, previously used it for the old MBP, and now for a Retine model.

Getting the laptop in/out is no problem, one handed everything. Getting the whole sleeve in/out is something I usually won't do because it is attached with velcro to the inside of the bag. So when putting the whole sleeve in/out you have some hassle of getting the velcro to stick flat. But that's also my OCD kicking in for getting it 'perfect'.

I only rarely use my 5TS+sleeve, because I find it just a little too big for only carrying a laptop.

So I usually just dump my rMBP in my 3A-1 and pray too god I don't bump into anything too hard....

For those of you who really enjoy your 3A bags: do you mostly take public transportation or bike? I'm wondering if having to bother with the tightening mechanisms and chest strap is a bit over-kill for someone walking several meters to and from his car...

Quite interesting, those P11-CH. Since I am looking for a summer (15-30C) all weather  trouser, would you guys reccomend WB-400? That petrol looks especially nice.

just got these today, they kick (gusset) ass but look like they'd be boiling hot above 20c, although v tempted since it's 27c now and not looking likely to cool down for months

For those of you who really enjoy your 3A bags: do you mostly take public transportation or bike? I'm wondering if having to bother with the tightening mechanisms and chest strap is a bit over-kill for someone walking several meters to and from his car...

i've had a 3a-1 with a 3-point strap like the one on the 3a-6ts for over 4 years and it's been my everyday bag for bus and bike transport. The adjustability of the straps has never been an issue, it's awesome actually. Run the straps long and loose when you are in and out of a car, cinch it up tight while walking, loosen it to let it sit on your lap when on the bus. Attach the 3rd point when cycling. Adjusting on the fly is damn easy. Honestly my only critique is that it lacks a briefcase style handle because carrying it by the main strap that way isn't the most pleasant. That doesn't come up that often, its usually an airport thing.

(what the fuck is wrong with sufu these days? it posted without my reply, and now its taken quite a few edits to get this to show up. I hope it works this time.)
Edited by larssss

Had my P9TS-X on today and those worked ok-ish for about 24c. I also just got my P11s and will try them tomorrow. Should get to be around 26c or so. I can confirm though that the P9S works down for those kinds of temperatures. Much more breathable than Epic, to be sure.

@TresUnCool

I've been using a 5ts for over 3 years now as my main bag. on foot, bike and the metro. 

the 3 point system works great for me as i usually carry my laptop, work and gym stuff pretty much everyday and the straps make it super comfortable. 

imo, chest straping several meters out of a car is pretty redundant..you wont really feel the strain on your back over a short distance. but if you want to do it, why not? barely takes a min.